Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

The players deserve immense credit as you say and the match thread warriors can hopefully reflect, grab a dictionary and learn the meaning of perspective.

Not a chance - if they were capable of that level of self-control, they'd not be on the match thread, spewing their invective.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Willie Orr was arguably one of City's greatest ever managers. But how many of us have ever even heard of him? Unlike Ranieri, he wasn't a one-season-wonder.

And still around to manage Scotland in the 1974 World Cup. Amazing longevity. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

At the start of May they were 2nd (briefly 1st in mid-April) and in the FA Cup final. Then lost their last 4 league games and the Cup final. Bottlers.

Some bottlers had a squad of 15 for the season and would possiblly have done the double but for injuries . No resting of players dreadful pitches  tackling out of this world  league must harder  to win  how many modern players could cope

• Like 1

4 hours ago, casablancas said:

He’s injured and not really proven he deserves to start. How can you MOAN? We are second? In fact you’ve had a bit of a ‘mare here dude. We are ... wait for it ... just a little longer ... SECOND in the EPL. Can you honestly not see that as over achieving? We are Leicester with a Leicester budget. Relax , grab some weed and more importantly some bloody perspective! I’m bored of reading posts of this Ilk now. 

Hes only a poor possum..bless him..:twitch:

12 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Some bottlers had a squad of 15 for the season and would possiblly have done the double but for injuries . No resting of players dreadful pitches  tackling out of this world  league must harder  to win  how many modern players could cope

It would appear that my attempt at mirth has missed the target.

Of course they weren't bottlers. Also, those last 4 league games were all away from home and, along with the Cup final, were crammed into a very short period of time.

7 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Are you forgetting our incredible run to 2nd place in 1929? :ph34r:

Even I can't remember that and suspect you can't, but I do remember 1963 . For the first time in my life I lived in a city with a top league club, Leicester. Finally 4th I think and maybe favorites in the cup final. Its worth reminding oneself this season isn't a season yet , technically its a part season  ( but still keeping many happy at the moment , bless them, One does hope  they realise its all temporary glory right up to reckoning day ). None the less its been wonderful so far, and looks like further improving. I'm feeling very good through Covid as a result and I think and hope its going to get even better on both fronts. I think that's unarguably a reasonable perspective and respects reality.

I think in 63 we were top with 5 games to go but 4th this season I would rate a much bigger achievement .

Edited by Alan Frost

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Go on then Webbo, you made the word up - what meaning have you ascribed? :) 

Similar to panaharmonious. Or, looking at it another way, a synonym of contratasphemic.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Depends who it's for. We're approaching the part of the season where the real bias will come out. We'll see.

Christ no. The match threads are bad enough without this bollocks rearing it's head again

Edited by turtmcfly

2 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Even I can't remember that and suspect you can't, but I do remember 1963 . For the first time in my life I lived in a city with a top league club, Leicester. Finally 4th I think and maybe favorites in the cup final. Its worth reminding oneself this season isn't a season yet , technically its a part season  ( but still keeping many happy at the moment , bless them, One does hope  they realise its all temporary glory right up to reckoning day ). None the less its been wonderful so far, and looks like further improving. I'm feeling very good through Covid as a result and I think and hope its going to get even better on both fronts. I think that's unarguably a reasonable perspective and respects reality.

I think in 63 we were top with 5 games to go but 4th this season I would rate a much bigger achievement .

My first season following Leicester. Yes we were top after the 4-3 home game in April against Man Utd, but our only other win thereafter was the semi final against Liverpool.

We lost our last four league games in quick succession which were all away from home. Quite a tall order to get the away victories required in the run up to the final. Nobody accused them of bottling it in those days, just ran out of steam. 

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Still buzzing from last night.

With a severely depleted squad and a run of fixtures against lower half teams it's quite easy not to get an acceptable return of points.

There is no doubt that the other six teams in 2nd-8th had a collective groan when we got the winner. With our injury problems we were seen as the team that looked the likeliest to be caught in the current top four. It's just fantastic that we've done what we needed to do this weekend and now have our feet up and putting pressure on our competitors to perform.

No rep to give. But I thought this too. OK Man United won today but thrir supporters as well as Chelsea, Everton etc would have been dead pissed off last night when Dan scored. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I thought the forum was for posting ur views , not to get bagged , we are all Leicester supporters having our say . 

The forum is for posting a viewpoint but expect to receive comments when outlandish or incorrect statements are made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No rep to give. But I thought this too. OK Man United won today but thrir supporters as well as Chelsea, Everton etc would have been dead pissed off last night when Dan scored. 

A bit like I groaned today when Man U scored (twice) against Man C and then groaned again when Spurs scored.

Edit: But Benteke has just soothed that groan for now. :)

Edited by Blue Fox 72