Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

If Man Utd lose which is likely we’re second. I mean. Leicester are second. And the only team above us are literally on the longest winning run in the history of the Premier League. I know fans are allowed to moan, it’s our right and I get that but this is, so far, the second best season in the entire history of our club. X 

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Are you forgetting our incredible run to 2nd place in 1929? :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Pre 1992 so doesn't count :whistle:

36 minutes ago, reynard said:

Come on now this is far too positive an attitude for some on here. And by the way don't you recall 1928-29?

I think the Ice Kings were also in the top 2 at this stage. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, peach0000 said:

So our record for our last 5 league games reads W3 D1 L1 with the loss coming to arsenal. Is that really a dip in form?

It's all about context. We went out meekly of the Europa League in that run and surrendered to Arsenal suffering crippling injuries to three key players as well. The natural anticipation is that we would struggle subsequently and the early goals conceded to Burnley and Brighton were almost scripted. Our players fighting back and getting four points is the twist here. This could prove so important.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

If Man Utd lose which is likely we’re second. I mean. Leicester are second. And the only team above us are literally on the longest winning run in the history of the Premier League. I know fans are allowed to moan, it’s our right and I get that but this is, so far, the second best season in the entire history of our club. X 

Even pre-PL!

Let's hope we can keep momentum going until the end, finishing top 4 would be quite spectacular under the circumstances!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I thought the forum was for posting ur views , not to get bagged , we are all Leicester supporters having our say . 

That is true but only if your views are not complete bollocks like yours are! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I thought the forum was for posting ur views , not to get bagged , we are all Leicester supporters having our say . 

But you didn t do your homework...One makes an opinion on facts.!!

If you criticise then get your facts right....& do your homework on missing players.....We are all using internet..:dunno:

Edited by fuchsntf

11 hours ago, Deebhoy said:

Some amount of whinging bastards on those match threads.

yep they have the hots believing they have the right to an opinion....Then make an absolute Ding bat of themselves...

But we all come from the Easy East midlands... Whinging bastards is part of our nature, and soon as we have had a Taste of Prawn-sandwiches,

It goes off the whinging-richter-scale..

First 6 pages of Match thread is  pure flat-cap-East-Midlands poetry....:ill:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

You are totally correct mate. I apologise if I was outta line. Just get the opinion that certain posters are just dwelling on the negative and there’s enough of that around as it is. Again sorry if I caused offence. 

4 hours ago, adam95581 said:

I’ve thought about this too, but it seems to nullify Ricardo has much as it helps Castagne. What you gain for one, you lose for the other. If they play themselves into some form it may just come at the right time to see us through the final end of season push

I thought Ricardo's best game for us since he came back was on the left agsinst Liverpool. 

Looking at this shitefest of WBA V NUFC it makes me appreciate just how fleet footed and quick of mind some of our footballers are not just a couple but most of them playing triangles. This game the only triangles played would be in an orchestra 

4 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

I have to smile at my fellow FTs I wasn’t able to watch the match so saw the result and Brighton players, manager and pundits generally were saying Leicester deserved to win with a good second half performance. I come on here and we were lucky s..thoused it awful, etc etc etc. Do all fans think their team dodged a bullet after an impressive away win or just ours.

It was another case of controlling large chunks of the game, dominating possession looking very comfortable but creating nothing. We were sloppier than usual in possession, but Brighton didn't create a lot of chances but the ones they did create were good chances.

We have been spoilt with how good this team can be, but scraping through games like this is a great sign compared to last seasons capitulation.

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

At the start of May they were 2nd (briefly 1st in mid-April) and in the FA Cup final. Then lost their last 4 league games and the Cup final. Bottlers.

Hardly bottlers my friend; if I remember right they lost a player in the Cup final in the first 15 minutes and there were no subs in those days and typically only 15 man squads. Playing champions Tottenham on a big Wembley pitch with 10 men was always going to be difficult. The "ice kings" were a great side who just came up short.  

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Hardly bottlers my friend; if I remember right they lost a player in the Cup final in the first 15 minutes and there were no subs in those days and typically only 15 man squads. Playing champions Tottenham on a big Wembley pitch with 10 men was always going to be difficult. The "ice kings" were a great side who just came up short.  

I think you'll find he was making a contemporaneous joke.

• Thanks 1

Still buzzing from last night.

With a severely depleted squad and a run of fixtures against lower half teams it's quite easy not to get an acceptable return of points.

There is no doubt that the other six teams in 2nd-8th had a collective groan when we got the winner. With our injury problems we were seen as the team that looked the likeliest to be caught in the current top four. It's just fantastic that we've done what we needed to do this weekend and now have our feet up and putting pressure on our competitors to perform.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Hardly bottlers my friend; if I remember right they lost a player in the Cup final in the first 15 minutes 

Len Chalmers - the original 'chopper'. Forget Ron Harris.

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

At the start of May they were 2nd (briefly 1st in mid-April) and in the FA Cup final. Then lost their last 4 league games and the Cup final. Bottlers.

The 'ice kings' refers to the 62-63 season following the signing of Stringfellow in the summer of 62 and the introduction of Gibson proper, who had only made one previous appearance due to national service. Prior to this, the cup final against Spurs meanwhile was jeopardised by the loss of right back Chalmers after 20 mins who in a pre-substitution era was forced hobble ineffectually up and down the wing having broken his ****ing leg. Bottlers? 

Edited by Line-X

30 minutes ago, Line-X said:

The 'ice kings' refers to the 62-63 season following the signing of Stringfellow in the summer of 62 and the introduction of Gibson proper, who had only made one previous appearance due to national service. Prior to this, the cup final against Spurs meanwhile was jeopardised by the loss of right back Chalmers after 20 mins who in a pre-substitution era was forced hobble ineffectually up and down the wing having broken his ****ing leg. Bottlers? 

As I said just before, I think you'll find he was making a contemporaneous joke.

• Thanks 1

Gotta be honest I’m still a little shell-shocked after last night

I didn’t think ‘we controlled large chunks of the game’ at all

But what we didn’t do was capitulate, like we would have done last season. 
At the end of the first half I had no idea what our game plan was and how we’d ever win the match

But we did and credit to all of them for scraping through. Big result last night 

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

50 minutes ago, Line-X said:

tenor.gif.495d937d3101f7153521a9115a103dff.gif