Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, 18to18 said:

Flip the script:

• Wilf is massive enough to create a back 3 any time.  Let Wilf be Wilf.
  • Very encouraging that Tavares wants to get forward.
  • Youri was so good, Tavares felt he could get forward with abandon.
  • Tavares has advanced to the point that BR should be comfortable with him as a cup sub.
  • BR can test Little Wes in the middle of a 3 and still win matches.  Wonderful.
  • Kel should be slotted into the hole. His link-up is excellent.

:wub:  I feel all warm and fuzzy inside 

• Haha 1

I imagine at 85 mins FTers we’re sharpening knives for the post match thread, but.... we ground out a win! We’re going to have to do this with some ugly football until players have had chance of a rest and our injured return.

Negatives: Soyuncu & Ndidi, even Ricardo & Castagne don’t quite look themselves. We still look fragile whenever the ball is in our penalty area, despite having a pretty defensive setup. 3 ATB seems to confuse players and they don’t seem to know what exactly they are supposed to be doing. Passing was generally off all over the pitch, and too many players with poor first touches.

Positives: For the first time I thought that Kelechi was playing well, in addition to scoring his very coolly taken goal. Also thought Tavares looks very promising and was very unlucky not to score with that tremendous strike. And of course Amartey, who I thought looked a bit nervous/shaky/clumsy most of the time, got us the win. From a corner! Pleased for him.

Have to back this up with a win against Sheffield Utd to consolidate. Grind as necessary.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Also, that was a penalty right? I know it wasn't considered a clear and obvious error, but...that's a penalty 9 times out of 10. Surely.

Depends who it's for. We're approaching the part of the season where the real bias will come out. We'll see.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I imagine at 85 mins FTers we’re sharpening knives for the post match thread, but.... we ground out a win! We’re going to have to do this with some ugly football until players have had chance of a rest and our injured return.

Negatives: Soyuncu & Ndidi, even Ricardo & Cassagne don’t quite look themselves. We still look fragile whenever the ball is in our penalty area, despite having a pretty defensive setup. 3 ATB seems to confuse players and they don’t seem to know what exactly they are supposed to be doing.

Positives: For the first time I thought that Kelechi was playing well, in addition to scoring his very coolly taken goal. Also thought Tavares looks very promising and was very unlucky not to score with that tremendous strike. And of course Amartey, who I thought looked a bit nervous/shaky/clumsy most of time, got us the win. From a corner!

Have to back this up with a win against Sheffield Utd to consolidate. Grind as necessary.

Basically this ^^^^

Arguably the first time I've ever been able to say with a straight face that it's Iheanacho carrying our front line at present. His all-round play was good last time too. While Vards remains clearly unfit, I think this two up front approach is a good thing.

Jamie is still doing bits but dropping deeper and drawing defenders - he's been doing this for a while now, even before his injury, but it's way more noticeable when it's a fellow striker he's freeing up for those last man runs rather than supporting attackers like Barnes and Maddison.

Their goal was a textbook example of players not knowing their roles - i can let Amartey off a bit for losing Lallana since he was coming back from taking a throw-in 25 yards away, but Fofana will surely be made to watch that back in training and told not to let those sorts of short-term gaps get exploited while his team-mate is still on his way back to his area

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Why the dig at the manager? Who would you rather have leading the team? 

Great win in the circumstances. I thought we would lose the last 2 games. 8 players out and the regulars running on empty. 4 points is a great return. 

If we can get top 4 I see a golden era for Leicester. We have the best manager and squad we have ever had in 40 years of supporting us. We are a couple of signings away from giving anybody a game in world football. That top 4 will enable us to keep the talent we have and add to it. 

I’d like to see @Always Next Yearresponse to this I must admit. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Is any one else getting sick of this game Rodgers is playing , all we seem to do in the 1st half is play backwards and it has cost us two early goals against . In the second half we played more go forward and looked much better but still shit . 
also we are lacking attacking players at present yet UNDER does not even get a run , he must be wanting to leave the way he’s been used , yes he has to pick up his work rate but he is the best we have going forward at present.

He’s injured and not really proven he deserves to start. How can you MOAN? We are second? In fact you’ve had a bit of a ‘mare here dude. We are ... wait for it ... just a little longer ... SECOND in the EPL. Can you honestly not see that as over achieving? We are Leicester with a Leicester budget. Relax , grab some weed and more importantly some bloody perspective! I’m bored of reading posts of this Ilk now. 

Edited by casablancas

24 minutes ago, casablancas said:

He’s injured and not really proven he deserves to start. How can you MOAN? We are second? In fact you’ve had a bit of a ‘mare here dude. We are ... wait for it ... just a little longer ... SECOND in the EPL. Can you honestly not see that as over achieving? We are Leicester with a Leicester budget. Relax , grab some weed and more importantly some bloody perspective! I’m bored of reading posts of this Ilk now. 

Just checked LCFC.TV and no highlights of last nights Rodger-ing?  The Club's Media Team are total mank.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Depends who it's for. We're approaching the part of the season where the real bias will come out. We'll see.

Only a homer would look at that play and say "we wuz robbed!" (as if there's some sort of conspiracy to favor... Brighton?).  It could easily have been a penalty, but it was close.  Replay showed he did contact the ball before the man, so I'm not surprised it wasn't overturned.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I thought the forum was for posting ur views , not to get bagged , we are all Leicester supporters having our say . 

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

Am I mistaken or was that only our 2nd or 3rd Saturday game today of the season and it's March!

Seems weird not expecting the footy tomorrow now... 

Was our 5th, but only our 4th in the league. 

The first one didn't come until Boxing Day! 

4 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I thought the forum was for posting ur views , not to get bagged , we are all Leicester supporters having our say . 

But “your say” was to start an injured player? Of course this is a forum and of course you’re allowed to post your view but, and here’s the critical thing, people are allowed to disagree with it. No one is saying you’re not allowed to say what you think, but you have to accept that  some people may challenge it. That’s the joy of a forum? X 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

You sense this won't continue for the remainder of the season as they are both too good but Castagne and Ricardo are both playing very ordinary. I can't remember the last time Castagne actually had a dominant game, injuries have really blighted him as he was superb at the start of the season.

Don't suppose there's any chance he'll get a break for the internationals?

1 minute ago, Ecdysiast said:

Don't suppose there's any chance he'll get a break for the internationals?

Hopefully if he does get called up he won't play all the games, likewise Tielemans who seems to be Belgium's 1st name on the teamsheet these days.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You sense this won't continue for the remainder of the season as they are both too good but Castagne and Ricardo are both playing very ordinary. I can't remember the last time Castagne actually had a dominant game, injuries have really blighted him as he was superb at the start of the season.

Castagne in particular has no support in the left as a wing back. So many times in the last couple of games he's had the ball with no options. His strength is off the ball movement, playing link up passes. He doesn't really run past a man like Justin would and Ricardo to a lesser extent. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder whether there’s and argument to flip them, Castagne looked very good on the right early on. I suppose the only positive of their poor form is that imagine how good we’ll be once everyone is back and firing. I honestly think the rest of the season is going to be ugly. Points over performances at this point I think. X 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I wonder whether there’s and argument to flip them, Castagne looked very good on the right early on. I suppose the only positive of their poor form is that imagine how good we’ll be once everyone is back and firing. I honestly think the rest of the season is going to be ugly. Points over performances at this point I think. X 

I’ve thought about this too, but it seems to nullify Ricardo has much as it helps Castagne. What you gain for one, you lose for the other. If they play themselves into some form it may just come at the right time to see us through the final end of season push

• Like 1

I have to smile at my fellow FTs I wasn’t able to watch the match so saw the result and Brighton players, manager and pundits generally were saying Leicester deserved to win with a good second half performance. I come on here and we were lucky s..thoused it awful, etc etc etc. Do all fans think their team dodged a bullet after an impressive away win or just ours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1