Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Genuinely confused by the negativity. So many folk on here talk about the our squad being “weak” or how they f ell away last season. Talk about the importance of digging deep and grinding out results. Then when we do exactly that they completely freak out. Winning ugly is a big part of all successful teams. 

Agreed. Made the point yesterday that to win after a performance like that is a sign of champions. Not saying we will be because obviously Man City will, but its about grinding out wins and digging deep as you say, push that little bit harder and get rewarded. 

I think regarding last season's collapse it can't be ignored, but if we lose one game we can't always retort back to it and act like it'll happen again, and get dragged in to that negative thinking. Obviously no one wants it to happen but this season is much different and the players, at least those available, will try to do everything to avoid it. Far too many fans think it is imminent so let's hope last night's victory can quieten them down a bit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I have to smile at my fellow FTs I wasn’t able to watch the match so saw the result and Brighton players, manager and pundits generally were saying Leicester deserved to win with a good second half performance. I come on here and we were lucky s..thoused it awful, etc etc etc. Do all fans think their team dodged a bullet after an impressive away win or just ours.

🤣 best watch a replay and make your own judgement. We were dreadful in the first half and very easily could have been 3 down. Better second half after a bit of tweaking (for was it ever thus). We had some very tired players out there in fairness. Again, I believe that the first half problems were partly caused by the three at the back formation with other contributory factors. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I have to smile at my fellow FTs I wasn’t able to watch the match so saw the result and Brighton players, manager and pundits generally were saying Leicester deserved to win with a good second half performance. I come on here and we were lucky s..thoused it awful, etc etc etc. Do all fans think their team dodged a bullet after an impressive away win or just ours.

We were good after we scored the first goal, but Brighton were the better team for most the game. We were awful first half and really should and could jabe been a few goals down but we hung on and turned it around second half. 

6 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

First half was poor from us. Even BR had the good grace to acknowledge that. Second half was much improved, although we still almost handed them a couple of goals on a plate.

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Is any one else getting sick of this game Rodgers is playing , all we seem to do in the 1st half is play backwards and it has cost us two early goals against . In the second half we played more go forward and looked much better but still shit . 
also we are lacking attacking players at present yet UNDER does not even get a run , he must be wanting to leave the way he’s been used , yes he has to pick up his work rate but he is the best we have going forward at present.

I think the negative possession is an obvious tactic to preserve energy, we just haven't had the levels in recent weeks to play our usual football. We are playing the percentages as you 100% have to work harder without the ball.

Most would be lying if they said they liked this way of playing, but needs must and it's seen us through the last 4 games with 7 points. From here 1.75 points per game, you would hope, will see us into the CL next season. 

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Is any one else getting sick of this game Rodgers is playing , all we seem to do in the 1st half is play backwards and it has cost us two early goals against . In the second half we played more go forward and looked much better but still shit . 
also we are lacking attacking players at present yet UNDER does not even get a run , he must be wanting to leave the way he’s been used , yes he has to pick up his work rate but he is the best we have going forward at present.

Absolute garbage. 
Under is not in our top 5 options going forward let alone the best.

What exactly is it that has impressed you so much about his 143 dribbles followed by a blocked shot or a shot flying over.

I hope he does want to leave because we certainly don’t want him to stay.

6 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Absolute garbage. 
Under is not in our top 5 options going forward let alone the best.

What exactly is it that has impressed you so much about his 143 dribbles followed by a blocked shot or a shot flying over.

I hope he does want to leave because we certainly don’t want him to stay.

A bit if balance needed I feel.

The poster you were replying to perhaps a little misguided in his belief of Under but I think you've jumped on the seesaw and fired him into orbit. You make it sound like there's more drama surrounding Under than there is. 

It's obvious Rodgers sees Under as perhaps a luxury player, not one that he can trust to go and grind out a point at Turfmoor on a cold evening. This isn't to say Under won't get a chance in the latter parts of the season.

Oddly I think Under has a better chance of being involved when we have a fully fit squad as his style needs to have the security of a well knitted team around him.

52 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

If Man Utd lose which is likely we’re second. I mean. Leicester are second. And the only team above us are literally on the longest winning run in the history of the Premier League. I know fans are allowed to moan, it’s our right and I get that but this is, so far, the second best season in the entire history of our club. X 

Are you forgetting our incredible run to 2nd place in 1929? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Genuinely confused by the negativity. So many folk on here talk about the our squad being “weak” or how they f ell away last season. Talk about the importance of digging deep and grinding out results. Then when we do exactly that they completely freak out. Winning ugly is a big part of all successful teams. 

Totally agree. I think it's hugely positive the way we dug-in yesterday. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think it's a blessing that fixtures against Burnley, Brighton and Sheff Utd have coincided with the most depleted we've seen our squad for years. If this had happened playing the teams around us, it might have finished us.

We could end up with 7/9 from those fixtures which would be nothing short of sensational given the circumstances. 

Absolutely spot on

There’s a massive amount of see-sawing going on, on the forum at the moment 

Yesterday was a prime example. The first half we were garbage. Brighton went in 1-0 but it could have easily been more if they could finish chances.

The second half we improved and then shit-housed a win with possibly the biggest surprise coming from fans favourite Dan Amartey stooping to head home the winner

😆

But it’s fine margins this and I agree with you. If we’d have been playing anyone half decent over the last two games I think we’d have been mullered.

We are second in the table, an amazing feat given our injury list. But the run of games after the Sheffield match will be the real acid test I think. If we aren’t back to nearly full fitness I think it’s then we could struggle.

The Brighton game was bizarre. We looked to have nothing up top, Amartey was skipping about like Bambi on ice, Tavares clearly has potential but physically looked like a kid in a mans game. But we STILL won the game.

I did say before that Brighton aren’t much and it’s a good job they aren’t.

It’ll be interesting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

If Man Utd lose which is likely we’re second. I mean. Leicester are second. And the only team above us are literally on the longest winning run in the history of the Premier League. I know fans are allowed to moan, it’s our right and I get that but this is, so far, the second best season in the entire history of our club. X 

Come on now this is far too positive an attitude for some on here. And by the way don't you recall 1928-29?

Edited by reynard
  • Haha 1

The tone of some on this forum is fascinating.  The negativity of some posts is beyond me.

We are second.  We have some resilience.  We have a horrible injury crisis.  Brighton have battered teams recently other than scoring goals and winning.  We created more.chances than them with a patched up team who had not had adequate opportunity to train together properly as we have had a game every day for a while.

Pre-season, before the WBA game, the forum name could have been changed to Doom-mongers'talk ( who wants their team's nickname to be doom-mongers and their mascot to be Filbert the Doom-monger)..

We are having a great season.  Sometimes our play can cause underpant mishaps for us fans but we are 2nd.  The players are up for it.   Amartey is the true Messiah.  

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I think it's a blessing that fixtures against Burnley, Brighton and Sheff Utd have coincided with the most depleted we've seen our squad for years. If this had happened playing the teams around us, it might have finished us.

We could end up with 7/9 from those fixtures which would be nothing short of sensational given the circumstances. 

I was just saying this the other day, if there was ever a time to have all of your players out it is now. By Man City we could have Madders, Perez and Praet back. Which would be amazing.