Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

I just found this LCFC compilation album on Spotify, and hoo boy...

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Just had a quick look around the house but can't find it. Although I did find a Sony Walkman that looks almost brand new in its original box. 

Just had a quick look around the house but can't find it. Although I did find a Sony Walkman that looks almost brand new in its original box. 

think I threw it away with all the old cassettes when I left home ..... back where we belong was alright though,,, although i was only 9 when it came out so I didn't really have good music taste then

come to think of it, still don't now

I Shouldve just listened to the link above, then I wouldnt have had you playing treasure hunt... the B Side was Oh Leicester City (Calypso) ... that one - listen to it, you'll see what I mean about it being bad haha

Get that walkman on ebay, got to be worth a fiver

Edited by Simonb
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Simonb said:

I remember the yes we're back, I'm sure that was 1994 after beating Derby? Actaully had it on cassette it's that long ago, can't remember what it was, but there was a B Side, and all I can remember was it was awful lol

There's a song on this list about Wembley heartbreak that, going from the pound-shop early 90s Britpop edge, I'm guessing is from the Swindon or Blackburn playoffs in the years before. It's painful, and not because it brings back memories of those matches. :whistle:

I wonder if it's the same bloke who made the one you're referring to as well? 

:nigel:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Some of the old boys will no-doubt remember a few of these. Some decent, some utterly dreadful songs about our boys in Blue on here.

"This Is The Season For Us" got a lot of attention when we won the League, but there are a couple of other old ones on here. "Champions" from Jock Wallace's days is a ride and a half. :scarf:

But good lord, what really has me physically cringing in my seat are the two absolute bangers from Filbert Fox. Make sure you're sat down for the FNF (Friday Night Football) Rap. I assume it never really got any airplay at the games? Either that, or the terrible memory from my childhood attending those games is buried in the pigeon part of my brain where it belongs. Just dreadful. :crylaugh:

Check it out if you've got a moment. Anyone own this album? I take it they were selling CDs or Tapes of it somewhere when it came out back in 1997 - maybe even the Club Shop if that shite from Filbert was on it? :P

What have I just listened to?! Talk about range of emotions. From crying with laughter (most songs) to wanting to punch the wall in genuine anger and confusion (FNF rap, The Filbert Fox song).

• Haha 1

Follow the foxes follow the foxes we'll follow Leicester whereever they play, we are blue army we are blue army, blue army barmy, home and away.

We'll take on Liverpool and Forest too,

They play in red, we play in blue 

That's the only difference we can see 

Because believe you me 

Our team will always be

the greatest in the land. 

• Like 1

Actually, shot in the dark - does anybody here remember that appalling song Marks Electrical cobbled together after Knockeart scored his scorpion kick against Huddersfield? 

Leicester City are number one!

More determined than anyone!

KNOCKEART

KNOCKEART

LETS HEAR IT FOR KER-NOCK-ART

:knockyhat:

Awful, and pretty sure it's been wiped from the internet, but just like the Streets Of Crewe it lives rent-free in my brain regardless. :crylaugh: