Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

I just found this LCFC compilation album on Spotify, and hoo boy...

Some of the old boys will no-doubt remember a few of these. Some decent, some utterly dreadful songs about our boys in Blue on here.

"This Is The Season For Us" got a lot of attention when we won the League, but there are a couple of other old ones on here. "Champions" from Jock Wallace's days is a ride and a half. :scarf:

But good lord, what really has me physically cringing in my seat are the two absolute bangers from Filbert Fox. Make sure you're sat down for the FNF (Friday Night Football) Rap. I assume it never really got any airplay at the games? Either that, or the terrible memory from my childhood attending those games is buried in the pigeon part of my brain where it belongs. Just dreadful. :crylaugh:

Check it out if you've got a moment. Anyone own this album? I take it they were selling CDs or Tapes of it somewhere when it came out back in 1997 - maybe even the Club Shop if that shite from Filbert was on it? :P

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve still never been able to find any reference to the “Martin O’Neill” song to the tune of Go West. Unless I dreamt it. X 

Ah yes, and what a lyrical masterpiece it was. 

Martiiiiin, Martin O'Neill

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

You should add 'Jamie Vardy' by the 'The Red Stripes' onto that playlist..... found it on Spotify last year lol

Well this is a rabbit hole, have you seen how many N'Golo Kante songs there are on Spotify? :sweating:

Edited by Mark_w

45 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Haha. 

Together, we will win the cup.

Together, marching to Eur-up.

Genius. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve still never been able to find any reference to the “Martin O’Neill” song to the tune of Go West. Unless I dreamt it. X 

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can recall a different version of that during the infamous Sheffield Utd match. 

3 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Some of the old boys will no-doubt remember a few of these. Some decent, some utterly dreadful songs about our boys in Blue on here.

"This Is The Season For Us" got a lot of attention when we won the League, but there are a couple of other old ones on here. "Champions" from Jock Wallace's days is a ride and a half. :scarf:

But good lord, what really has me physically cringing in my seat are the two absolute bangers from Filbert Fox. Make sure you're sat down for the FNF (Friday Night Football) Rap. I assume it never really got any airplay at the games? Either that, or the terrible memory from my childhood attending those games is buried in the pigeon part of my brain where it belongs. Just dreadful. :crylaugh:

Check it out if you've got a moment. Anyone own this album? I take it they were selling CDs or Tapes of it somewhere when it came out back in 1997 - maybe even the Club Shop if that shite from Filbert was on it? :P

Champions we are, and champions we'll be

We cheer the City on to vic-tory

With Jock Wallace as our leader

We'll get right to the top.

erm...doo doo doo doo doo doo

As we shout it from the kop....

Magic.  That was just the second record that I ever bought aged seven.  I can't believe I still (nearly) remember all the words  :scarf:

(Adam and the Ants' Kings Of The Wild Frontier was the first since you ask).

I don't know why it never caught on on the terraces.

Alan Young and Bobby Smith will put it in the net

Oh Champions we are....

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I remember the yes we're back, I'm sure that was 1994 after beating Derby? Actaully had it on cassette it's that long ago, can't remember what it was, but there was a B Side, and all I can remember was it was awful lol

• Like 1

With this new interest, it feels like I might never have a better chance to cash in on the investment I made in one of these back when it was released... What do you reckon I could get for a mint condition original? Anyone want to start the bidding? 

2 hours ago, Simonb said:

I remember the yes we're back, I'm sure that was 1994 after beating Derby? Actaully had it on cassette it's that long ago, can't remember what it was, but there was a B Side, and all I can remember was it was awful lol

Was it this one? 

7 minutes ago, Simonb said:

dont think so mate, yes we're back was 1994 so the B Side would've been then wouldn't it? Unless it was a re-release maybe, but I don't recall ever hearing that to be honest

Just had a quick look around the house but can't find it. Although I did find a Sony Walkman that looks almost brand new in its original box. 

• Haha 1

I'm quite old school and still use my ipod, which I diligently put all my CDs on years ago, only skipping the odd song if it was truly dreadful. 

I've just gone to play Filbert Street Blues, and all that made it to the ipod were "This is the season", "The tank" and "The Post Horn Gallop". I think that means it has by far the highest % of s**t out of every album I've ever bought! 

• Haha 1