Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Post Horn Galloper

Greatest ever City goal?

9 hours ago, enmac said:

Great goal scored by Chris Garland involving Keith and Wortho in the build up. Typical style goal from the Bloomfield era. 

Steve Kember almost treading on the ball and falling over was straight out of the Roger Davies playbook. 

Edited by Line-X

Most have already been mentioned

Joey from the halfway line

Nalis vs Leeds

Cant remember who against but Drinkwater scored a 30odd yard thunderbolt volley

Mark De Vries vs Spurs (only thing i remember him doing for us) mainly for Joeys ball into him

In terms of an individual goal and an assist, it has to be, for me, the Vardy/Mahrez goal against Liverpool. The pass was a piece of football artistry - placed in a spot where Vardy had the opportunity to make the best of it. The exquisite volley/lob that followed was the most difficult choice he could have made and yet the best one for ensuring a goal. At that point Vardy showed that he had become 'world-class' - joining the ranks of the very best creative strikers in football history.

Not sure it’s the greatest, but a very significant goal was Steve Howard at home to Leeds in the League One season. Last minute bullet header and as good as sealed promotion or the title (I forget now). A key moment in kicking off the success we’ve had in recent times.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not sure it’s the greatest, but a very significant goal was Steve Howard at home to Leeds in the League One season. Last minute bullet header and as good as sealed promotion or the title (I forget now). A key moment in kicking off the success we’ve had in recent times.

Any excuse lol

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Andy Lochhead against Liverpool at Anfield in an FA Cup replay.. circa 1969.

It was in 1969 - 1-0 away at Liverpool on the way to the 1969 Cup Final. I was at the semi-final at Hillsborough when he won the ball in the air, and it fell for Allan Clarke to score in the 90th minute. I remember a newspaper report of the goal referring to him as "that balding eagle of a man". Allan Clarke returned the favour in the Final but he blasted wide. That recalled the nickname given to him by a pal of mine who was a Burnley supporter ( Andy came to us from Burnley) which was "Blockhead".

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Preferably fallocally challenged bald (bald bald) as opposed to shaved. But shaved is acceptable if you can’t think of a bald bald 

I asked that because of another thread recently that had asked that question ;) :D 

9 hours ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

It was in 1969 - 1-0 away at Liverpool on the way to the 1969 Cup Final. I was at the semi-final at Hillsborough when he won the ball in the air, and it fell for Allan Clarke to score in the 90th minute. I remember a newspaper report of the goal referring to him as "that balding eagle of a man". Allan Clarke returned the favour in the Final but he blasted wide. That recalled the nickname given to him by a pal of mine who was a Burnley supporter ( Andy came to us from Burnley) which was "Blockhead".

Can't find that goal. Surprisingly for a semi final.