Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Post Horn Galloper

Greatest ever City goal?

1 minute ago, los dedos said:

I've looked for it loads and can never find it .I had the highlights video from that season and I don't think it was even on that . Did it win goal of the season?

I don't know. But do you have a recollection of it?

From what I remember, he picked the ball up in the right back position, family stand end, then ran the length of the pitch and buried it in front of the Kop.

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Without clicking the links and looking at the team, off the top of my head, Sol Campbell did alright. Darren Caskey faded and Joachim's career just came to an abrupt halt.

Like a few recently, especially Danny Drinkwater, the grass ain't always greener.

Of course I'm biased towards us, but you'd think people would learn.

Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Robbie Fowler were also in the team. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't know. But do you have a recollection of it?

From what I remember, he picked the ball up in the right back position, family stand end, then ran the length of the pitch and buried it in front of the Kop.

What I remember is him weaving in and out of a few players In a Maradona type way . Saying that the amount of goals I've seen live end up looking totally different when I rewatch them  on TV .:blush:

• Haha 1

Just now, enmac said:

Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Robbie Fowler were also in the team. 

Shit! Didn't realise that without looking. Was just from memory who were actually playing first team football at the time I think.

Well, those three didn't do bad lol

• Like 1

Just now, los dedos said:

What I remember is him weaving in and out of a few players In a Maradona type way . Saying that the amount of goals I've seen live end up looking totally different when I rewatch them  on TV .:blush:

Yeah, I'm thinking my memory of it is distorted. But at least it isn't only me! Maybe I'm not going mad...yet :)

Mahrez has produced the most skillful goals since started following LCFC. His outrageous assist in terrible conditions vs Man City (the game where Vardy scored a hattrick) is simply the most sublime touch I've seen. 

Many obvious others have been put forward, so I'll mention a couple more.

Bruma's piledrivers, Gudjonsson's from the middle of the pitch, Drinkwater's halfvolley vs Liverpool, Vardy's team goal vs Arsenal 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shen said:

Mahrez has produced the most skillful goals since started following LCFC. His outrageous assist in terrible conditions vs Man City (the game where Vardy scored a hattrick) is simply the most sublime touch I've seen. 

Many obvious others have been put forward, so I'll mention a couple more.

Bruma's piledrivers, Gudjonsson's from the middle of the pitch, Drinkwater's halfvolley vs Liverpool, Vardy's team goal vs Arsenal 

Surprised no one mentioned  Peake  v Liverpool which I  think was goal of the season

• Like 4

Every Single goal in our 2015/16 season.....They won us the title...!!!

Since 1958 my First game...Quite a few,every season & eras always produced 1-4 real moments of magic..Home & away.

Others who have now passed, will have had moments Burnt in their memories...

Double hatrick-hero Chandler 6 Swans inspired goals...1 or 2 must have been special,

Rowley also had his Share bring downs, twists, and Shots on the turn...

A Mixed Choice of greatest headers...Overhead & bicycle-kicks, long-runs & dribbling-tech,chips, 40meters,30-25 meters, team-goals..!!

I thought about some of my favourites...Even has an old man, I realised I had counted 20, before I realised I could go around again...

That wasnt just now...But through  The 60s.70s, 80s...etc

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chris catlow said:

Andy kings goal at derby when sven was manager, a brilliant team goal. Also Yakubu scored a good goal in the same game.

I was convinced we were gonna get promotion after that game. We were unreal at times early on under Sven.

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’d probably go for Muzzy’s. Shame it was filmed on a potato.

Definitely agree,

My first ever away game. Down to 10, Izzet with this incredible winner right in front of our fans. What a game. 

If we’re talking about which goal has produced the most insane reaction from yours truly it would be...

Cambiasso vs Man United. I was standing in the kop end. There was a wall of bodies and I couldn’t see the ball, then out of nowhere, this fella pops up and smashes the ball into the bottom corner. There wasn’t enough time for me to take in the fact we had a chance on goal and it was pure elation. Celebrated far harder for that goal than Vardy’s to make it 4 as it felt time stood still when he was 1 v 1 with De Gea.

Edited by Fox42

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Anthony Knockaert's brace away at Huddersfield. 

Gallagher scored 2 absolute belters in the same game against Palace I think?

Nalis against Leeds weren't bad.

That was the return of the messiah game, NFP's second spell when everything felt right again after the Sousa and Sven debacle. 

31 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Some crackers on this thread but there is one goal where you just need to post the players name, where you don't even need to mention the opposition nor the season.

Steve Thompson.

Sending a shiver down my back just thinking about it.

Oxford away, right?

:whistle:

Steve claridges 1996 playoff winner at wembley in the final minute of extra time against Palace. Must be the best and most important goal he ever scored. Fantastic atmosphere, I think there was about 40000 of us compared to 35000 Palace fans