Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Post Horn Galloper

Greatest ever City goal?

Guest Bert Fill

Loads of great goals mentioned here, but the winner is obviously Vardy’s against Liverpool, as a ridiculously good goal in itself, as an iconic moment of the best season any club anywhere has ever had ever, and just for the sheer bloody ‘ooyah’ of it. No contest.

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Daniel Amartey v Brighton 6th March 2021. Forget the overhead bicycle kick, Okazaki away to Newcastle 21st November - the most spectacular Premier League goal ever scored. 

Already mentioned on this thread, Andy Peake v Liverpool in 1980. Also this, which was next to Arsenal 1998, the greatest match I ever saw at Filbert Street. Great build up and finish.

This was nice too...

Talking of the gunners, earlier the same season Heskey drilled in a sweet ranged low shot in the home league fixture.

Blimey, some incredible goals from both teams in that watford game. 

Maybe not the best but 2 goals live with me that I can recall EXACTLY every second of it.....

1 - Claridge v Palace at Wembley 

2- Huth v Spurs away

I have a lot of mates that are spurs supporters. That Huth goal was so good. We were on the back foot for all of the game and when I saw him stood free...and the ball floated on his head...time stood still. We never looked back after that game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

Daniel Amartey v Brighton 6th March 2021. Forget the overhead bicycle kick, Okazaki away to Newcastle 21st November - the most spectacular Premier League goal ever scored. 

Already mentioned on this thread, Andy Peake v Liverpool in 1980. Also this, which was next to Arsenal 1998, the greatest match I ever saw at Filbert Street. Great build up and finish.

This was nice too...

I've been looking for this goal for years!

That 3-3 v Liverpool was a brilliant game and I remember queuing up for ages to get in. Think there was over 28,000 packed in that night.

Shame the goal has no commentary but look who posted it on YouTube - Andy Peake himself!!

• Like 1

Vardy at West Brom is as good as anything I`ve seen in my 61 years of watching City but one worth mentioning is Ken Keyworth's diving header in the 1963 cup final.

Great goal and well worth a look on youtube. Remember thinking we might get back in the game after that but sadly not to be.

Didn't realise then I would have to wait another 58 years until we finally won it....................... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I've been looking for this goal for years!

That 3-3 v Liverpool was a brilliant game and I remember queuing up for ages to get in. Think there was over 28,000 packed in that night.

Shame the goal has no commentary but look who posted it on YouTube - Andy Peake himself!!

Ha! - I hadn't noticed that. The Liverpool 3-3 is the greatest game I ever saw at Filbert Street. End to end - unrelenting. Lovely warm spring evening and a wonderful atmosphere. Rush at the top of his game and Lineker emerging as one of the most talented strikers/England prospects in the country.

A little over a year later he played his final home game scoring a brace against Sunderland in a Monday evening game. The last home fixture of the season but Gary's last appearance for the club was the following Saturday away to Luton. We lost 4-0 largely as a consequence of Willie Thorne's wedding which took place that week. I vowed never to return to Kenilworth Road one of the shittiest grounds I've ever had the misfortune to visit. Stuck to my word - and it hasn't changed much since then. Shouldn't say it, but Millwall should have finished what they started and completely trashed the place,. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Line-X said:

Yep that 1-1 draw with them was a right cracker :ph34r:

19 hours ago, shen said:

Mahrez has produced the most skillful goals since started following LCFC. His outrageous assist in terrible conditions vs Man City (the game where Vardy scored a hattrick) is simply the most sublime touch I've seen. 

Many obvious others have been put forward, so I'll mention a couple more.

Bruma's piledrivers, Gudjonsson's from the middle of the pitch, Drinkwater's halfvolley vs Liverpool, Vardy's team goal vs Arsenal 

The way Mahrez just casually pulled that out of the sky and put Vardy through with one touch was unreal. I still maintain Mahrez has the best first touch of any footballer in world football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shailen said:

The way Mahrez just casually pulled that out of the sky and put Vardy through with one touch was unreal. I still maintain Mahrez has the best first touch of any footballer in world football. 

"Absolute perfection!" - Commentator nails it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rain King said:

Ulloa's penalty v West Ham for me!

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this yet. Has to be the most pressured goal in our history. Who knows what would have happened if we lost that one. 

Balls of steel that man had that day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Great player, the crowd behind the goal when it goes in is brilliant going wild.

For me it has to be Vardy v Liverpool

The pass is something else too. The way Mahrez canters to the ball, well within our half, casually sends a ninety-degree rocket past six of their players, right to Vardy's feet, turning their promising attack into abject despair.

Strange choice here, but Mahrez away at Watford 2016 is the one for me. Crap game, miserable eve, playing badly and he just conjured up something out of nowhere that we desperately needed. It just stands out for me; and captures the magic of why we won the league - yes we were solid at the back, but we always found a way to score.

14 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Harvey Barnes against Sheffield United, was technically brilliant.

Definitely one of those where time slowed down as it was nodded into his path. I wasn't there at Wembley for Claridge's shin, but that was the day I understood that feeling so many have described of momentary silence, then absolute pandemonium.

Or perhaps it was my life flashing before my eyes, expecting to be hit point blank in the face by a 100mph shot up in row H. lol

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

Strange choice here, but Mahrez away at Watford 2016 is the one for me. Crap game, miserable eve, playing badly and he just conjured up something out of nowhere that we desperately needed. It just stands out for me; and captures the magic of why we won the league - yes we were solid at the back, but we always found a way to score.

Feel pretty similar about Huth's goal against spurs.