Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Post Horn Galloper

Greatest ever City goal?

Paul Gallagher scored a weird sort of curling chip at home against Palace in the 09/10 season. I can't ever seem to find any footage of it, he arguably scored better goals for us and I've certainly seen "better" goals live, but I was sat in almost the perfect position as he tried it, you knew the moment he shaped up exactly what he was going for and for that reason it's always remained one of my favourite City goals.

Other efforts that have certainly been "bettered" in our history but I have huge soft spots for include Yakubu's volley at the Sheep, Andy King's volley at Blackpool (13/14) which took the net out, and his naughty chip at Cov.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Paul Gallagher scored a weird sort of curling chip at home against Palace in the 09/10 season. I can't ever seem to find any footage of it, he arguably scored better goals for us and I've certainly seen "better" goals live, but I was sat in almost the perfect position as he tried it, you knew the moment he shaped up exactly what he was going for and for that reason it's always remained one of my favourite City goals.

Other efforts that have certainly been "bettered" in our history but I have huge soft spots for include Yakubu's volley at the Sheep, Andy King's volley at Blackpool (13/14) which took the net out, and his naughty chip at Cov.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, enmac said:

Always loved Collymore's first goal. 

His header wasn't too scruffy either :D Really thought we'd hit the jackpot with him and Heskey up front and such a shame we never saw more of them together.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

This. Mesmeric :thumbup:

Best goal I've seen in the stadium was away at Liverpool in the great escape year. Unbelievable passing move before Vardy chesting it down for Nugent to sort of scissor kick/volley it in. Annoyingly, the highlight of that goal cut off the really slick team play but it's not far off this clip really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

What a talent that lad was. Under different circumstances who knows where he could have ended up.

According to this article, Joachim was the star of the under 18 Euro Championship. Brian Little compared him to Romario! 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/jun/29/forgotten-story-england-under-18-1993?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

According to this article, Joachim was the star of the under 18 Euro Championship. Brian Little compared him to Romario! 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/jun/29/forgotten-story-england-under-18-1993?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Without clicking the links and looking at the team, off the top of my head, Sol Campbell did alright. Darren Caskey faded and Joachim's career just came to an abrupt halt.

Like a few recently, especially Danny Drinkwater, the grass ain't always greener.

Of course I'm biased towards us, but you'd think people would learn.

Edited by tom27111

We have scored some wonderful goals haven't we. In recent times, the Vardy volley away at West Brom was sensational. I don't think I appreciated as much at the game than seeing the replays after how technically good that strike was.

Maddisons winner against Spurs had everyone on their feet.

That Mahrez free kick in stoppage time against Bournemouth as well. The way he curled it around that wall. Started celebrating as soon as it left his boot

Edited by TK95

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I might be completely wrong and have a very distorted memory of it, as I was quite young, but I seem to remember Gary Mills scoring an absolutely sensational solo goal at Filbert Street, probably against Watford.

Can't find anything online, so I'm probably wrong.

Anyone else have a recollection of this? 

I've looked for it loads and can never find it .I had the highlights video from that season and I don't think it was even on that . Did it win goal of the season?