Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Post Horn Galloper

Greatest ever City goal?

didnt look the most flashy but the most technically skilled goal I think was vardy away at west brom, volley over the shoulder. bet he couldn't do that again on his left if he tried it another 10000 times. similar to the RVP goal for united which is always on the list of best premier league goals but this one was better imo (ball came over his shoulder rather than across him and was on his weaker foot) great assist also

all other mentioned absolute crackers also

Edited by mikey_b

I think you have to split a topic like greatest goals into a team effort and an individual effort. Vardys against Liverpool was an amazing individual goal and Tielemans goal last week could be compared to Cambiassos "greatest world cup goal ever" 25 pass goal for Argentina v Serbia

• Like 1

Another forgotten gem: Konchesky vs Wolves away Sept 2012 when we lost 2-1. Absolute piledriver. If I remember correctly, there was a nutmeg along the way into the net.

Also all of Ben Marshall’s goals. Whatever happened to him lol

Vardy's heaven 11 goal was not technically the best that he's ever scored but it was the most special, historical moment. A Leicester player has smashed the record, what a moment in Premier League history. 

I'll take that with me to my grave. Unforgettable. 

• Like 1

Never see it mentioned, but Joachim's goal I think it was against Millwall at home early 90s (4-0/4-1?!?) where he picked it up on the each of our box ran full length of the pitch then smashed it into the top corner in front of the family stand is one of my favourites. 

Another stand out is the Ulloa goal at home to Stoke in the title winning season. Mahrez pulling off the Elastico leading to his assist was a joy to behold. 

• Like 1

Dion Dublin scored a cracker away at Rotherham. One touch on the volley about 30 yards out. 

keith gillespie Scored a belter at West Ham. Only about 500 of us there. We had played Blackburn away on the Sunday in the cup and took 7,000 and then played Watford away on the Tuesday and then West Ham on the Friday on tv!!  Was a great hit though and we drew 2-2 and Marlon harewood missed a penalty right at the end. 

For technique, Muzzy’s goal vs Grimsby or Joachim vs Barnsley. Plenty of lower league or amateurs will hit a 25 yard screamer once in their career. 

For crowd reaction, Thompson at Wembley vs Swindon or Walshy’s equaliser vs Arsenal in the 3-3. The way he wound up Ian Wright at the end was hilarious too!

• Like 1

Dion Dublin scored a cracker away at Rotherham. One touch on the volley about 30 yards out. 

keith gillespie Scored a belter at West Ham. Only about 500 of us there. We had played Blackburn away on the Sunday in the cup and took 7,000 and then played Watford away on the Tuesday and then West Ham on the Friday on tv!!  Was a great hit though and we drew 2-2 and Marlon harewood missed a penalty right at the end. 

joey gudjonsson Scored a brilliant free kick away at Stoke one year. Was also on a Friday night. Scored a free kick the year previously just after beating charlton in the cup. 

30 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

joey gudjonsson Scored a brilliant free kick away at Stoke one year. Was also on a Friday night. Scored a free kick the year previously just after beating charlton in the cup. 

Gillespie goal didn't touch the floor either I don't think.

Goal kick, flick on, volley... goal. 

• Like 1

Daniel Amartey v Brighton 6th March 2021. Forget the overhead bicycle kick, Okazaki away to Newcastle 21st November - the most spectacular Premier League goal ever scored. 

Already mentioned on this thread, Andy Peake v Liverpool in 1980. Also this, which was next to Arsenal 1998, the greatest match I ever saw at Filbert Street. Great build up and finish.

This was nice too...

Talking of the gunners, earlier the same season Heskey drilled in a sweet ranged low shot in the home league fixture.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ealing Fox said:

Of all the wonderful goals in more recent years I’ve seen I don’t think I’ve ever seen one as good as the Heskey-Claridge effort against Manchester United in 1996. Unbelievable... (1:39 in on this clip)

Is the correct answer. Nothing else comes close. All one touch. No headers. The ball never touches the floor from the moment it leaves Parker's foot 40 yards from goal until it hits the net.