Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England's FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Euro Qualifiers.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Weird how with so much money in the game the commentators are so shit, highlighted by Matterface. 

And the woman in the studio analysis. Who's she? Looks like Dianne Abbot.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

And the woman in the studio analysis. Who's she?

Emma Hayes. I think she’s excellent. Concise and unbelievably knowledgeable about the game. Her analysis is spot on.

Would you rather listen to dreary morons like Murphy and Keown?

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

Just now, RoboFox said:

Emma Hayes. I think she’s excellent. Concise and unbelievably knowledgeable about the game. Her analysis is spot on.

Would you rather listen to dreary cretins like Jenas, Murphy and Keown?

Or worse: Hoddle :P  (I can put up with most commentators, but not him...)

Edited by PhillippaT

Just now, RoboFox said:

Would you rather listen to dreary cretins like Jenas, Murphy and Keown?

I think they should have the presenter, Ian Wright and then a couple of fans. Would be entertaining and light hearted

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I detest ITV coverage of any sport. They were even shit when they used to cover wrestling. 

During the F1 they ALWAYS went to an advert the exact minute an overtake or big crash would happen. Then they’d come back and show a replay of it just as something else was happening. 

They also employed Andy ****ing Townsend for about 20 years. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Would you rather listen to dreary cretins like Murphy and Keown?

I find her pretty dreary to be honest, she’s a hard listen.

They should just have wrighty and Roy Keane on

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

I like Sterling and respect what he did at the euros but can’t shake the feeling that he lacks a lot of football intelligence. Some of his decision making is mental. 

I said it during the Euros and got shot down because he scored. He's incredibly frustrating at times. Just holds on to the ball to long, tries running through defenders like they'll move out the way. I wonder how many more goal England might score if he took the right option a few more times.

I'm sitting in my garden with a bottle of red watching the game. It's a lovely late summer evening. The only thing that would make it perfect would be an episode of Whitehouse and Mortimer go Fishing rather than this turgid frustrating garbage from Southgate's team. Poland were always going block, foul and frustrate, trying to wind up our players.I have zero respect for them but our lot seem clueless in how to deal with them 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I said it during the Euros and got shot down because he scored. He's incredibly frustrating at times. Just holds on to the ball to long, tries running through defenders like they'll move out the way. I wonder how many more goal England might score if he took the right option a few more times.

I agreed with that point of view before the euros. However during them he was class and didn’t do anything wrong really. Tonight he has gone back to the old poor decision making Sterling. It’s a shame cos he would be amazing if he was more decisive with the ball. He just doesn’t seem a natural right winger. On another note it’s weird how Grealish is suddenly starting every game now he plays for Man City. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

England qualifiers on ITV used to have Clive Tyldesley laughing at part-time footballers having real jobs.

Now they consist of Sam Matterface reading scripted lines and barely paying any attention to what is happening.

This. So formulaic it has no real feeling for the on pitch action. More concerned about plugging forthcoming games on ITV like women's football or some obscure friendly