Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

If Honduras knew how to play football properly rather than spending the majority of the game trying not to play the game, then they'd have probably been alright.

• Haha 1

If canada makes the world  cup, odds gotta be shit so i will put down some cash on a world cup win. We all know its not "coming home" lol.

If england draw canada at any point (provided canada makes the world cup) i will be conflicted. Birth country vs where i currently live. Canada never made the world cup while i was more than 6 years old so nationally england has always been my team. 

• 1 month later...

Japan are added to the list of qualifiers after beating Australia 2-0 in Sydney.

Australia now into the playoff system again.

The result also means Saudi Arabia have also automatically qualified for the World Cup.

Australia have been shocking in this qualifying campaign- lots of draws that should have been wins and I can’t see them making it to the World Cup this year.

3 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Late goals for Japan to beat Australia and sends them through to World Cup.

Aussies into qualifying playoff.  The profile of their team has really dropped off. Didn't know any of them.

I’d say of the current squad only Matt Ryan and possibly Tom Rogic at Celtic are the only names that would be familiar to people outside Australia.

Not a single player playing at the highest level, as you say the squad profile has really dropped off! There isn’t as far as I know any young talented players coming through either.

• Thanks 1

Big night tonight in CONCACAF:

US - Mexico, perhaps the last actual WCQ game we'll play against eachother due to Auto-qualification in 2026 and then the new format in 2030. 

Canada - Costa Rica. Canada is guaranteed WC qualification with a win or panama dropping points. Costa Rica dropping points would mean they would be fighting for the playoff spot instead of one of the automatic qualifiers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Big night tonight in CONCACAF:

US - Mexico, perhaps the last actual WCQ game we'll play against eachother due to Auto-qualification in 2026 and then the new format in 2030. 

Canada - Costa Rica. Canada is guaranteed WC qualification with a win or panama dropping points. Costa Rica dropping points would mean they would be fighting for the playoff spot instead of one of the automatic qualifiers.

Whats the new format?

Hoping Costa Rica get a play off spot purely because its an amazing country and the local kick off times for them were crap in 2018.