Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Would Wales not have made the play-offs through the Nations League anyway? 

I'm guessing the celebrations are because they're now seeded.

Aye, they were there anyway. Just now they have theoretically an easier route. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Would Wales not have made the play-offs through the Nations League anyway? 

I'm guessing the celebrations are because they're now seeded.

Yeah. Our only chance of qualifying realistically is to get seeded and get a favourable draw. 

To be clear, I'm still pretty confident we won't qualify anyway. Almost every unseeded team will be hoping for us quite frankly. 

Mostly the celebrations were pretty much (on my part at least) because I had one too many watching it. lol

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah. Our only chance of qualifying realistically is to get seeded and get a favourable draw. 

To be clear, I'm still pretty confident we won't qualify anyway. Almost every unseeded team will be hoping for us quite frankly. 

Mostly the celebrations were pretty much (on my part at least) because I had one too many watching it. lol

Scotland or Wales will be the seeded teams everyone wants in the playoff path. 

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Scotland or Wales will be the seeded teams everyone wants in the playoff path. 

If Scotland get their Hampden mojo back, they'll be a bigger banana skin than us I think. We're pretty good at home, tough to beat, but we're on the decline.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I know Canada have been there before but be nice to see a different nation getting to the World Cup.

What happens to the qualifying process in the region for 2026 as presume USA , Mexico and Canada will automatically as hosts ?

Yes, not many potential debutant nations for 2022:

- In Europe, North Macedonia could make it but almost certainly won't

- In Africa, Mali & DR Congo are a play-off away (though DR Congo were there in 1974 as Zaire)

- Qatar will be debutants as hosts, but not sure that's anything to celebrate

Would be good to see a couple of new nations make it.

If not, then one or two who've not qualified often or for ages....

- Canada

- Scotland

- Wales

- Turkey

- UAE (would prefer Lebanon, Oman or even China, but that looks unlikely)

6 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

The US played fine in Jamaica, only conceded because Michail Antonio hit a screamer from 35 yards out. It's hard to judge how well a team will preform at a world cup based on how well they can play on a bumpy cowpatch in Kingston lol

As much as we weren’t any worse than Jamaica, I gotta say, we did wind up being lucky in the end to get that point.

Reid had one of the misses of the qualifying cycle, and I saw nothing wrong with Lowe beating Zimmerman at the end.

(I mean, not that I’m complaining that there was a foul called, but it sure looked like a good goal to me.)

In other CONCACAF thoughts, that scene in Edmonton last night was amazing. I loved every minute of that game, from pregame all the way through the post-full time fracas. 😂 I’ll tip my cap to all the Canucks on here, that was sensational stuff. 

I’ve been reading rumo(u)rs that the Canada vs USA game in January will be played in Toronto or Hamilton, but I wouldn’t even be mad if you stayed in Edmonton, or moved the game to Yellowknife or something. All’s fair in love, war, and CONCACAF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://talksport.com/football/984125/england-told-boycott-2022-world-cup-deaths-migrant-workers-qatar-simon-jordan/?utm_campaign=talksportfacebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3oPaN-iDhwAl0CCvrNCauq5NaSWRmlB5qOKNcZFPBvDVRdqeweU5SKzbQ#Echobox=1637166728

"England should boycott the world cup"

They really should... now is the perfect time to make a stand and demonstrate that there are human rights that must be obeyed, beyond the greed of rich men.

13 hours ago, Jordan said:

Look at this guy Googling the US National team to find out their roster and coming up with Josh Sargent as “one of [their] best players” to make it seem like he’s not being a complete troll tool.

“Roster” lol 

On 17/11/2021 at 12:32, Super_horns said:

I know Canada have been there before but be nice to see a different nation getting to the World Cup.

What happens to the qualifying process in the region for 2026 as presume USA , Mexico and Canada will automatically as hosts ?

probably just one spot, unless they expand the roster

19 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Play off draw taking place just now. 

Reminders of  1977/1985 potentially with Wales and Scotland maybe meeting for a World Cup spot.

Scotland got to get past Ukraine first and Wales beat Austria.

And one of Italy or Portugal will be not be going to Qatar .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Thank fvck the final would be in Cardiff. 

We tend to beat Scotland in Cardiff and we beat Austria last time they were here. Really wouldn't want to go to a fired up Hampden. 

I don't even think we would make the final if we had to go to Ukraine. Hampden gives us half a chance. 

• Like 1

What an unbelievable draw for Wales and Scotland, more so Wales.

To think Italy were one Jorginho penalty miss off finishing top even before they played us...and now they'd have to beat Portugal away.

Edited by Nalis