Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bit late but I think you're talking about David Edwards. I've had the game on muted so far but just turned the sound on and I'm pretty sure it's Edwards. 

Yeah it was Edwards. Sounded like King when I first switched it on but soon realised it wasn't.

Portugal v Italy wouldnt have been out of place as a world cup final line up.

Doesnt even become a world cup play off match up.

Italy deserve this. Joringho last minute penalty miss against the Swiss. Drawing away to us in the last group game (they were lucky we didnt beat them with the chancs we had, they were that bad) and now this.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are they definitely 100% out? There's so many ways to qualify I've lost track. 

Yep! They're done. 

North Macedonia will now play Portugal in their Path's final in June. Would have been Italy otherwise. 

Wales play winner of Scotland/Ukraine. 

Poland play Sweden/Czech. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep! They're done. 

North Macedonia will now play Portugal in their Path's final in June. Would have been Italy otherwise. 

Wales play winner of Scotland/Ukraine. 

Poland play Sweden/Czech. 

I believe all of the finals are on Tuesday, except the Scotland/Ukraine, Wales final, for obvious reasons. 

Great to have such a quick turnaround. 

Tough on ticket arrangements for fans though.

Edited by tom27111

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

No Italy in world cup again! wow what a shocker, so much for Italy turning a corner in the last euro's. Mancini for the chop you reckon?

Seem to draw too many matches even against weak nations. To get put out by north Macedonia though is pretty humiliating 

19 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Oh Italy out lollollol love it 

What an odd time to be an Italian fan - European Championships but failed to reach the World Cup twice in a row?

How would you feel if that was England?

Glad to win a major tournament but missing out on the biggest football competition..

Wales to end over 50 years of hurt?

Just now, Super_horns said:

What an odd time to be an Italian fan - European Championships but failed to reach the World Cup twice in a row?

How would you feel if that was England?

Glad to win a major tournament but missing out on the biggest football competition..

Wales to end over 50 years of hurt?

Very odd, probably what you would expect from a team like Greece who won it but not Italy. I’m sure the Euros won’t help Mancini here and this will be far from good enough 

• Like 1