Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's interesting he persists with this considering this is the reputation he will carry with him. Like Mourinho's 3rd seasons always end up ending sourly wherever he goes. 

I'm not sure what purpose it serves with Rodgers persisting like he is. Avoiding the need to change his ways and instead just being stubborn. 

If he thinks it'll help him get jobs elsewhere or at bigger clubs I can't see it happening. 

He doesnt set out to do it. Some people have it. Its like a job hopper. There is nothing wrong with it. It just means internally your ambition, motivation, drive etc. for a job decreases over the years. It also doesnt help when things you try dont always come up. 

The motivation is gone in Brendan and this has been the case for at least six months. 

• Like 2

I don't hate Rodgers and I hope this situation is resolved soon ...  but ...  I still think there are things going on behind the scenes that we will probably never be aware of and 'other' people, perhaps a bit higher up, or even a lot higher up, should also take some (if not the majority) of the blame.  Rodgers said we needed a shake up and new players and what did we get ? ...  for now I'm keeping an open mind.

Yep ...  maybe this should be in (VERY) Unpopular opinions thread ...  :)

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He doesnt set out to do it. Some people have it. Its like a job hopper. There is nothing wrong with it. It just means internally your ambition, motivation, drive etc. for a job decreases over the years. It also doesnt help when things you try dont always come up. 

The motivation is gone in Brendan and this has been the case for at least six months. 

And he’s eyeing up a lucrative pay off. The media will back him. Rinse repeat.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Being one of the highest paid managers in the world at a mid-market club should be plenty to motivate him.  If it's not he should walk away.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I don't hate Rodgers and I hope this situation is resolved soon ...  but ...  I still think there are things going on behind the scenes that we will probably never be aware of and 'other' people, perhaps a bit higher up, or even a lot higher up, should also take some (if not the majority) of the blame.  Rodgers said we needed a shake up and new players and what did we get ? ...  for now I'm keeping an open mind.

Yep ...  maybe this should be in (VERY) Unpopular opinions thread ...  :)

But we’re unable to sign anyone because of having to shift Brendan’s previous signings. Appreciate recruitment isn’t entirely Brendan, but he’s got to take some of the blame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trumpet said:

But we’re unable to sign anyone because of having to shift Brendan’s previous signings. Appreciate recruitment isn’t entirely Brendan, but he’s got to take some of the blame.

Yes but not all ...  and perhaps not as much as we think.

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Being one of the highest paid managers in the world at a mid-market club should be plenty to motivate him.  If it's not he should walk away.

It’s likely to be a key factor in why he seemingly wants to get sacked.

Guest David Oldfields Gate

27k a day.

Every single day.

Plus the income from 146 houses.

Let that sink in when you are freezing your nuts off this winter.

The pay is there as compensation for responsibility. He needs to take some.

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Or a parasite. 

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I mean for me it would be games at this, trophies, and international experience. Which our squad has in spades. 

Agreed,  but I think we lack experience in plenty of other areas. One obvious one is breaking the games rhythm,  petty fouls,  taking an age to get up after 'injury'. I hate the term but 'streetwise'  we massively fail in this department. 

10 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Agreed,  but I think we lack experience in plenty of other areas. One obvious one is breaking the games rhythm,  petty fouls,  taking an age to get up after 'injury'. I hate the term but 'streetwise'  we massively fail in this department. 

Its been three years. Isnt this part of coaching of "young" players ? How else do they learn it. Bet you if Mourinho was in charge they'd have learnt this a lot quicker. This doesnt actually sound like a good defence of Brendan's experience comment. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Its been three years. Isnt this part of coaching of "young" players ? How else do they learn it. Bet you if Mourinho was in charge they'd have learnt this a lot quicker. This doesnt actually sound like a good defence of Brendan's experience comment. 

It's a consideration not a defence. A manager can instruct,  doesn't necessarily mean the player will follow at the appropriate time - hence inexperienced. Again a stick that is used to beat Rodgers but not the players. Do you not think they should take some responsibility in this? 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I respect this view entirely. 

The issue is what he says in press conferences etc. Some of it is just outright lying. If he stopped that and conceded some responsibility at times, I don't think it would be abusive

Correct. I think it's a shame it's come to it and I'm guilty myself but frankly he brings a lot of it on himself.

3 hours ago, BigMicky said:

What does inexperienced mean to you? Based on number of games played? 

Ask Rodgers, he said it.. 

Nip to the BBC football site,  look at the post match interview for the Arsenal game and skip to around 1min 40sec - and see if you can work out what he mean (or watch the whole interview if you are inclined. )