Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest David Oldfields Gate

1. This is not about this season, the decline goes way back, even before the FA Cup.

2. I would have a lot more respect for BR if he stopped bullsh!ting and just said "I am really struggling to get a tune out of these players and it is my responsibility", which of course is true and accurate.

4 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

1. This is not about this season, the decline goes way back, even before the FA Cup.

2. I would have a lot more respect for BR if he stopped bullsh!ting and just said "I am really struggling to get a tune out of these players and it is my responsibility", which of course is true and accurate.

Name one manager in the history of football that has ever said that. Why do you expect such ridiculous statements from Rodgers knowing full well that that isn't the norm. 

6 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

The second point is probably the root of all my concerns. 

The chicanery and, on occasion, outright lying when it comes to the plainly obvious makes clowns out of the supporters. 

We might not be elite footballers but we can certainly see the issues from the stands and trying to convince us that up is down and black is white is just insulting to us. 

No you didn't speak about a refreshed culture, Brendan. You.directly referenced signings.  Stop truth twisting. 

No we aren't an inexperienced side, Brendan, they are highly accomplished professionals with multiple trophies. Stop lying. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

The second point is probably the root of all my concerns. 

The chicanery and, on occasion, outright lying when it comes to the plainly obvious makes clowns out of the supporters. 

We might not be elite footballers but we can certainly see the issues from the stands and trying to convince us that up is down and black is white is just insulting to us. 

No you didn't speak about a refreshed culture, Brendan. You.directly referenced signings.  Stop truth twisting. 

No we aren't an inexperienced side, Brendan, they are highly accomplished professionals with multiple trophies. Stop lying. 

What does inexperienced mean to you? Based on number of games played? 

5 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Towards the back end of last season, I couldn’t wait for it to be over. Get some players fit, regroup and look forward to a new season.

Three games in, I feel exactly the fuching same. THREE GAMES!

I don’t believe the quality of the squad (or at least the first 11-15) is the reason. I’m not absolving the players of any blame, but the whole aura around the club, on the pitch and off of it stems from Rodgers.

He’s done well here overall, but he needs to go and soon.

Luckily, plenty of teams have had a poor start, and if we can make a change and pick up some form quickly, this season is 100% salvageable.

I think, if any decent managers were available and had been sounded out, BR would be on his way by the end of the week.

Would love Poch or Potter. If we don’t move soon, nobody bar the ones none of us really want will come here. 

Problem with attracting a quality manager is we seem to have slipped down to the bottom half in terms of spending power rather than the top 7 or 8 of the PL.

You've got the big 6, Newcastle now, West Ham, Everton always find money and are funding a new 50k stadium, Villa have spent a lot lately and are a big club and even now Leeds and Forest back in the top flight spending. 

We're more back in the pack with the likes of Palace and Southampton especially after Rodgers's mismanagement (and the owners scaling back) so why would Potter leave Brighton for Leicester now? He'll wait for a bigger job. 

For me, Potter is basically a much better Brendan Rodgers. A similar type of coach but without the ego and arrogance and transfer market fiascos. 

The two CL near misses and then the chance to win the Conference League last year a real missed opportunity of course. That would have really raised our profile.

Edited by gazzaa2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

What does inexperienced mean to you? Based on number of games played? 

Whatever metric he's judging them by when he calls them inexperienced is basically wrong. 

Surely you can't be in agreement with him when he's called our squad inexperienced. 

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Sorry but I found it awkward in the away end last night regarding this. Even if you think it, don't sing it directly at our own manager. Especially before a penalty shootout we needed to win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nobbyburton said:

I would usually agree with this and I do think our fans could show a bit more class at times, but I really think we have every right to be angry here.

We've watched some absolute car crash football over the last couple of years, the way we've capitulated under Rodgers has had to be seen to be believed at times (I still can't fathom how that Spurs home game happened) It really feels like we're watching our club slowly decline for completely pointless reasons and we have no control over it. It's so frustrating to watch us make the same mistakes and hear the same excuses from Brendan every single week. Then immediately after, tune in for Match of the day to see every other ****ing team in this league playing with more intensity and effort than us. 

When you add all that to the day to day cost of living problems people are facing at the moment - A football ground used to be an escape from all that, now more than ever it feels like our club is just another place desperate to squeeze every penny out of us (Just paid £47.50 for a Forest ticket btw, maybe i'll have a £5.80 pint with that) Then you can add this Fofana nonsense into the mix, a guy earning that kind of money to just say they don't fancy playing is pretty hard to take for your average football fan and definitely pushes them further away from us. 

You can be grateful for what we have achieved but at the same time realise these are extremely well paid people, who really don't have much loyalty to us or the club, they are always thinking about their next move. 

Whether it's 'Rodgers Out' or about 'being sacked in the morning', it's the only real way of letting the board know what fans think. A general 'booing' could mean absolutely anything including a perceived dig at the players themselves which isn't necessarily what fans are trying to get over.

Whilst players can't be 100% blameless on occasions, I think the consensus is that our current demise is in the main down to one man and one man only over a considerable period of time and he seems unable or unwilling to learn lessons, still thinks he's right or blames everyone else but himself. He can no longer be trusted. 

We're not against the players so the 'blame' has to be targeted. Last night's mini protest therefore was imo perfectly legitimate as I see no other option. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but I found it awkward in the away end last night regarding this. Even if you think it, don't sing it directly at our own manager. Especially before a penalty shootout we needed to win.

Not for me, give him both barrels, he fully deserves it! Getting rid of him far exceeds a penalty shootout! One's a minor cup competition, albeit a nice one to win, the other is potentially the Premiership survival and even longer term future of our club.

7 minutes ago, Celtic Chief said:

This is EXACTLY how his time at Celtic went down.

Standard of football declined to pedestrian levels.

His football ethos, nowhere to be seen anymore.

Moaning about signings.

Publicly unsettled and had a direct hand in dealing with players looking to leave who were disgruntled.  He won't be doing much to dissuade them from leaving.

He did the same with Boyata for us and also Moussa. 

He is a snake salesman who puts effort in for a year, downs tools and ****s off.

Sadly, he is using your club for his own needs, just as he did Celtic.

It's interesting he persists with this considering this is the reputation he will carry with him. Like Mourinho's 3rd seasons always end up ending sourly wherever he goes. 

I'm not sure what purpose it serves with Rodgers persisting like he is. Avoiding the need to change his ways and instead just being stubborn. 

If he thinks it'll help him get jobs elsewhere or at bigger clubs I can't see it happening. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Celtic Chief said:

This is EXACTLY how his time at Celtic went down.

Standard of football declined to pedestrian levels.

His football ethos, nowhere to be seen anymore.

Moaning about signings.

Publicly unsettled and had a direct hand in dealing with players looking to leave who were disgruntled.  He won't be doing much to dissuade them from leaving.

He did the same with Boyata for us and also Moussa. 

He is a snake salesman who puts effort in for a year, downs tools and ****s off.

Sadly, he is using your club for his own needs, just as he did Celtic.

I knew it, and although there was an outpouring of anger from Celtic fans at the time, if you actually dug deep enough past the guff the media came out with (Chris Sutton being one example) there was quite a few Celtic fans who didn’t seem that bothered… they were fed up of the borefests, the clashes with the board etc. 

I never wanted him and I’ve said before, I had to swallow my pride as initially what we were watching was decent, but that soon fizzled out.

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's interesting he persists with this considering this is the reputation he will carry with him. Like Mourinho's 3rd seasons always end up ending sourly wherever he goes. 

I'm not sure what purpose it serves with Rodgers persisting like he is. Avoiding the need to change his ways and instead just being stubborn. 

If he thinks it'll help him get jobs elsewhere or at bigger clubs I can't see it happening. 

It’s as though he gets some success which puts him in credit to do whatever the **** he wants and the media / wider football world don’t see the full picture. With us the 5th place finishes and FA Cup, Celtic from memory every domestic trophy.

• Like 2