Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

I want Brendan gone. 

But I wish some of our fans had a bit more respect for him than to call him a fraud. He’s not a fraud. He’s a really nice guy and he’s trying. He’s failing because he’s to stubborn to change but most managers are that way. Don’t call him a fraud or start laying in to him. He’s provided 3 of the best 4 PL finishes in our history and won us an FA Cup. He will go as a legend for me and someone I will always respect. I’m sorry Brendan, you need to go, we need a change but you don’t deserve abuse. 

This is bang on, however the longer he stays the more fans will forget what's gone on before, I'm afraid it's the here and now the reality is here for us all too see go now BR with some dignity👍

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

This is bang on, however the longer he stays the more fans will forget what's gone on before, I'm afraid it's the here and now the reality is here for us all too see go now BR with some dignity👍

His blaming of fans, players and now the board mean he has lost the moral imperative of leadership.  .... he is writing his next job interview.   Thats what makes him a fraud.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Just pay the **** off.... spread it over the last 3 years.

Not sure why we are seeing a risk to be honest. He’ll have a new job by January. Probably go to Europe and do amazingly in a farmers league before coming back here with a boosted ego. 

Meaning we’ll have to pay him about 6 months. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

His blaming of fans, players and now the board mean he has lost the moral imperative of leadership.  .... he is writing his next job interview.   Thats what makes him a fraud.

It just means both sides have disappointingly short memories, and I have zero idea why he should be held to a higher moral standard than we hold ourselves, it’s ridiculous

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

It just means both sides have disappointingly short memories, and I have zero idea why he should be held to a higher moral standard than we hold ourselves, it’s ridiculous

To command players ....or r any team.. the leader must take responsibility and reasure all that they accept it and will sort things out ... not blame others.

Without this they will not inspire folowers.

So its an honesty and a protection thing.  Real leaders know this.

• Like 2

Just now, foxinsocks said:

To command players ....or r any team.. the leader must take responsibility and reasure all that they accept it and will sort things out ... not blame others.

Without this they will not inspire folowers.

So its an honesty and a protection thing.  Real leaders know this.

THERE IS NOTHING HE COULD DO OR SAY THAT WOULD CHANGE YOUR MIND

This would suggest the problem lies with you.  :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Youre right.  I have a problem... that is i have decided he is not a leader 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Youre right.  I have a problem... that is i have decided he is not a leader 

This your opinion and even if I or others agree, it’s been said, been discussed a thousand times or more, and despite talk of banners or other self indulgent empty gestures, we have to wait for the boss to pull the trigger, which will come on current trajectory.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Piggybacking on this I'd add that at this level, this elite sport and all that comes with it, by default means that every position from manager to owner is highly politicised and so is everything that they must answer or discuss. 

Not backing BR, but there is a reality about this situation irrespective as to how BR appears to be politicising his exit.

• Like 1

This your opinion and even if I or others agree, it’s been said, been discussed a thousand times or more, and despite talk of banners or other self indulgent empty gestures, we have to wait for the boss to pull the trigger, which will come on current trajectory.

Youre right of course.. i am frustrated.  I must go now as mum is calling me for tea.

• Haha 3

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Youre right of course.. i am frustrated.  I must go now as mum is calling me for tea.

I was not trying to be sanctimonious, so apologies if that’s how it comes over, I too get frustrated, with the results , the managerial failures and the ranting on here, especially in the face of its futility. :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he's on £10m a year and his contract is up on 1st June 2025 then we'd have to pay him about £27.5m to pay the rest of his contract off now.

What the **** were we thinking man.

It's rare that the entire remainder of the contract gets paid up.

I was not trying to be sanctimonious, so apologies if that’s how it comes over, I too get frustrated, with the results , the managerial failures and the ranting on here, especially in the face of its futility. :thumbup:

I think you've a balanced view.  Yet i can't  understand why others arent fed up with brendans behavior....

Im not top... but if i was... Brendan would be toast now.

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he's on £10m a year and his contract is up on 1st June 2025 then we'd have to pay him about £27.5m to pay the rest of his contract off now.

If he leaves now we would not have to pay his contract in full. We can pay him until he takes another job thus ending the contract.

This is what bothers me so much, really. They're so detached from reality. I can't remember an example of a manager resigning when things weren't going well. 

I also would have no issue if he said "we're going to try new methods and systems that are based in my belief of possession football but will take time to work". I'd give him a season and a half to make those changes, if he feels that he is adapting to the squad he has available. 

EG: Perez can press but not a lot else (as shown with the awful penalty last night) so if Brendan played him in a pressing role with Vardy/ Nacho/ Daka to win balls high up the pitch with the expectation the other player will finish, that's fine. He's adapted. But playing him as the RW Mahrez replacement is baffling. 

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That he'd get us Champions League football

44 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

It's a consideration not a defence. A manager can instruct,  doesn't necessarily mean the player will follow at the appropriate time - hence inexperienced. Again a stick that is used to beat Rodgers but not the players. Do you not think they should take some responsibility in this? 

Every single one of the players should take responsibility for the collapses. The embarrassing moments. As well as the current predicament we are in. Tielemans, Fofana have gone from potentially legendary status to downright jackasses by their actions. 

However, the boss, the gaffer, the manager or whatever you want to call him is number one problem. He coaches. He is paid to prepare and develop these players. If the team he manages is unable to deliver, he should go first. The players can go too - I genuinely have little respect for some them the way they've acted when the team needs them. Champions League Youri with his back pass at Spurs.  

• Like 1