Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think it’s worth remembering that it was Top that convinced Vichai to change his mind on sacking Pearson. Top clearly has both patience and loyalty and after what he went through, to win the fa cup meant everything.  I don’t think it’s the money keeping brendan in the job, I think it’s Top wanting to be sure it’s not another mistake. 

Probably fairly hard to sack Puel was it not? 

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he's on £10m a year and his contract is up on 1st June 2025 then we'd have to pay him about £27.5m to pay the rest of his contract off now.

What the **** were we thinking man.

Don't get why people keep saying this. It's so easy to come out with this rubbish with hindsight but literally no-one was questioning this when it happened. Everyone was in fact the opposite and jumping for joy.

With the club flying high in pretty much every part, the club felt the need to tie down one it's biggest assets. 

Yes in hindsight it's clearly not worked and I'm sure they'll learn. But it's far from a "what the **** were they thinking" notion.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think it’s worth remembering that it was Top that convinced Vichai to change his mind on sacking Pearson. Top clearly has both patience and loyalty and after what he went through, to win the fa cup meant everything.  I don’t think it’s the money keeping brendan in the job, I think it’s Top wanting to be sure it’s not another mistake. 

Eh? The more commonly accepted version of events (doesn't make either true mind) is that it was the other way round - that Top told Big Nige to pack his bags and Vichai stopped it.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Eh? The more commonly accepted version of events (doesn't make either true mind) is that it was the other way round - that Top told Big Nige to pack his bags and Vichai stopped it.

Nah that doesn’t  make sense, it was vichai who had the power to sack him. Top was hardly going to sack him without his dads consent, that’s like selling your dads car without asking him

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/leicester-boss-pearson-was-sacked-being-reinstated-4062513

29 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Probably fairly hard to sack Puel was it not? 

why? claude didn’t achieve anything he didnt owe the guy anything. Brendan delivered his first silverware since he was running the club alone. Top won’t forget that. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Nah that doesn’t  make sense, it was vichai who had the power to sack him. Top was hardly going to sack him without his dads consent, that’s like selling your dads car without asking him

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/leicester-boss-pearson-was-sacked-being-reinstated-4062513

why? claude didn’t achieve anything he didnt owe the guy anything. Brendan delivered his first silverware since he was running the club alone. Top won’t forget that. 

Top was also part of the decision making when Ranieri was sacked. Can understand there may be some respect to the man but from that episode alone he would (should've) learnt the club comes first. Basically, I dont disagree with your opinion, I just hope its wrong!!

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I mean I imagine there was some kind of decent relationship considering Claude was in charge at the time of Vichai passing and seemed to conduct himself very well throughout.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

19 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Top was also part of the decision making when Ranieri was sacked. Can understand there may be some respect to the man but from that episode alone he would (should've) learnt the club comes first. Basically, I dont disagree with your opinion, I just hope its wrong!!

I don’t think he’s foolish in anyway, but I do think that he is more measured than a typical fan. (in this case i think he’s completely wrong as I think Brendan’s doing serious harm, things we will struggle to undo) 

But he’s probably thinking, 2 5ths, an 8th with a. european final and an fa cup… brendan will probably churn out results and get us to at least 10th and in fairness “ i haven’t let him sign anyone”

I’m not sure if Top would be as concerned about football that’s not enjoyable to watch. Or the fact he’s full of excuses in pressers or the other stuff that winds us up. If we sneak a win and a draw in the next two he won’t be going anywhere. 

just a thought on where his mindset could be.

Although the signs are horrifying and we could be sleepwalking to relegation, he may think that so far, despite his flaws,  he’s always got the results needed for good finishes. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Adster said:

Don't get why people keep saying this. It's so easy to come out with this rubbish with hindsight but literally no-one was questioning this when it happened. Everyone was in fact the opposite and jumping for joy.

With the club flying high in pretty much every part, the club felt the need to tie down one it's biggest assets. 

Yes in hindsight it's clearly not worked and I'm sure they'll learn. But it's far from a "what the **** were they thinking" notion.

And it was probably a fairly decent bet that another club would seriously attempt to take him in the three years since.

• Like 1

Had to chuckle he made a comment to Radio Leicester yesterday about Dan Amartey was 5th choice centre back when he arrived and now he’s playing.. I know this is a dig but part of me questions whether he’s trying to take that as credit for his development lol 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think he’s foolish in anyway, but I do think that he is more measured than a typical fan. (in this case i think he’s completely wrong as I think Brendan’s doing serious harm, things we will struggle to undo) 

But he’s probably thinking, 2 5ths, an 8th with a. european final and an fa cup… brendan will probably churn out results and get us to at least 10th and in fairness “ i haven’t let him sign anyone”

I’m not sure if Top would be as concerned about football that’s not enjoyable to watch. Or the fact he’s full of excuses in pressers or the other stuff that winds us up. If we sneak a win and a draw in the next two he won’t be going anywhere. 

just a thought on where his mindset could be.

Although the signs are horrifying and we could be sleepwalking to relegation, he may think that so far, despite his flaws,  he’s always got the results needed for good finishes. 

I must’ve missed that European final. 

3 hours ago, Adster said:

I'll be the first to admit this is easy to say in hindsight but I wonder if Arsenal were ever seriously interested in him. I don't doubt he was somewhere in their thoughts but it seemed Arteta was always their number one choice. Perhaps a hasty decision from the board. Parallels of the China stuff when he was at Celtic.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Had to chuckle he made a comment to Radio Leicester yesterday about Dan Amartey was 5th choice centre back when he arrived and now he’s playing.. I know this is a dig but part of me questions whether he’s trying to take that as credit for his development lol 

Neither Amartey or Ward would get into any other Premier league team

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'll be the first to admit this is easy to say in hindsight but I wonder if Arsenal were ever seriously interested in him. I don't doubt he was somewhere in their thoughts but it seemed Arteta was always their number one choice. Perhaps a hasty decision from the board. Parallels of the China stuff when he was at Celtic.

It’s just another arm of the media tapping up side show, any player who is slightly regarded at times past or present, can and will be listed as followed/of interest too/keeping tabs on by the big 6. But of in this particular case, where we at Leicester City see such clubs as the villains, YOU are the villain  within your league.  :kissing:

• Haha 1

More frustrated with him today after listening to him on Ben & Kammys podcast.

He needs to listen to it himself and back up what he's saying, to quote him, "there's no excuses here" when talking about the training ground, and what the owners have given the club 

11 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

More frustrated with him today after listening to him on Ben & Kammys podcast.

He needs to listen to it himself and back up what he's saying, to quote him, "there's no excuses here" when talking about the training ground, and what the owners have given the club 

Any better examples? 

Not sure the one you've given is best? 

It's a shame things have gotten this bad. We have played some of the best football I've ever seen us play and of course the FA cup win will always be remembered but I can't actually remember when I last liked him.

Perhaps the biggest thing for me, more than the struggles is simply that he doesn't take any responsibility for our failures.

I wouldn't dislike him half as much as I do if he came out and admitted that we collectively aren't doing very well. Ultimately as manager of this group, who he has had playing some fantastic football, he is responsible.

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

I'm afraid too many Rodgers fans are living in the past. We've been on a gradual slide for 16/17 months. Looking at the stats, since April 2021, we've played 46 PL games, winning 15 and losing 19. This season we look even worse and if it's a relegation dogfight, can you see this piss weak team of bottlers, fronted by a serial liar, fighting for our club?

That's a bit harsh on the players

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If he's on £10m a year and his contract is up on 1st June 2025 then we'd have to pay him about £27.5m to pay the rest of his contract off now.

What the **** were we thinking man.

If I recall correctly, it was "Please don't go to Spurs"....

16 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I can’t remember a manager that was so dead and buried but able to remain in post. Your own fans singing “sacked in the morning” is as damning as it gets. I’ve given up listening to what he has to say pre and post match, but I get the feeling he’s not even showing any fight or talk of turning it around. The man has over the course of a year (though the signs were there before that) sucked the life out of this club and, maybe not single-handedly, admittedly, dismantled years of work.

Wait that was our fans not stockport?