Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I still have a lot of respect for Rodgers as he managed us to our first fa Cup win. However, my respect is draining away as he clearly doesn't want to be here but won't just do the honourable thing and resign. If he really wanted to be here and was desperately trying to improve things then I think I could accept a few shit results and allow him time to turn things around but everything about him right now just utterly stinks! His tactics, game management, interviews, excuses, body language, demeanour, it's all absolutely rank and he's destroying our squad and our club! If he resigned this week, I'd say thank you Brendan for what you've done and thanks for the fa Cup. If he carries on stinking the place out waiting for his big pay cheque then he can get to fck and hope his career spirals and he ends up in the lower leagues! Your call Brendan. Resign with your head held high or wait for you pay cheque like a money grabbing leach! 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Haha 1

Among many annoyances with Rodgers is how players go in and out of favour, to the point of being fully frozen out.

Thomas has joined Soy, Ihenacho, Praet, Perez, Choudhury and Vestergaard in getting this treatment at different times. 

A club of our size can't afford to alienate so many players, especially when just one of the above has left. 

It's poor squad management. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I still have a lot of respect for Rodgers as he managed us to our first fa Cup win. However, my respect is draining away as he clearly doesn't want to be here but won't just do the honourable thing and resign. If he really wanted to be here and was desperately trying to improve things then I think I could accept a few shit results and allow him time to turn things around but everything about him right now just utterly stinks! His tactics, game management, interviews, excuses, body language, demeanour, it's all absolutely rank and he's destroying our squad and our club! If he resigned this week, I'd say thank you Brendan for what you've done and thanks for the fa Cup. If he carries on stinking the place out waiting for his big pay cheque then he can get to fck and hope his career spirals and he ends up in the lower leagues! Your call Brendan. Resign with your head held high or wait for you pay cheque you money grabbing leach! 

MV5BMTc1MjE3NTMxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ0

50 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I love how in the first sentence you say you still have a lot of respect for him and then by the end of the paragraph you refer to him as a "money grabbing leach" lol 

Yeh, the last bit is if he doesn't resign 🤣

• Haha 1

Best possible outcome tonight. We stayed in the cup but he definitely did his case no favours. That was the best thing that could've happened.

Who knows what'll happen in round three under a new manager. I can't bare the thought that he's still here in three months.

6 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Not to absolutely nail him for everything, but why make the Fofana training with U23s public knowledge? Surely that weakens our bargaining position!

He doesn't give a single shit about this club. That isn't hyperbole. I mean it. He doesn't give a shit. Get him out.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He doesn't give a single shit about this club. That isn't hyperbole. I mean it. He doesn't give a shit. Get him out.

I’m not thrilled with Rodgers at all but he wouldn’t be the first manager to say he’s sent a player down to the reserves. We’re not doing a very good job in the PR battle over Fofana and it’s about time Lil Wes got called out for being spoiled and acting like a child. 

If Fofana wants any chance to play in the upcoming World Cup, he probably should turn up to training, at the very least. 

16 minutes ago, The_77 said:

It really does feel like we’re in a Mexican standoff and neither party wants to flinch: Rodgers wants his payout but the club want him to make the first move.

Rodgers has had every opportunity to rally the fanbase around him and create a siege mentality at the club, yet he’s always refused that approach. It goes to show what he must think of our fans, and also shows how married he is to the idea that “better” football is always the answer.

All of us have been around the game long enough to know that cohesion, identity, and determination still matter and are just as important as they’ve always been. Anyone who deserves to remain manager of Leicester City Football Club should understand that as well. 

Couldn’t agree more, great post.

I appreciate every manager has different styles/personalities but Rodgers for a man who’s constantly spinning PR seems to have really missed the message about getting the fans on his side.

I can count on one hand how many times he has tried going out of his way to create that connection with us fans whilst can reel off at least 3/4x more his overt flirting with the opposition club etc.

His awful post match comments the other day about fans being frustrated about lack of signings sums up his out of touch/warped reality…he was booed because of exactly what you said his ignorance to galvanising us and creating that mentality as you mentioned.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Couldn’t agree more, great post.

I appreciate every manager has different styles/personalities but Rodgers for a man who’s constantly spinning PR seems to have really missed the message about getting the fans on his side.

I can count on one hand how many times he has tried going out of his way to create that connection with us fans whilst can reel off at least 3/4x more his overt flirting with the opposition club etc.

His awful post match comments the other day about fans being frustrated about lack of signings sums up his out of touch/warped reality…he was booed because of exactly what you said his ignorance to galvanising us and creating that mentality as you mentioned.

Has he ever tried to win the fans over? Seem to recall at the start of his tenure he was as critical of the fans for the atmosphere.

Really wanted to like the guy but it seems his best moments with Leicester were when we weren’t around.

• Like 2

Has this fraud been sacked yet?? Was hoping to wake up to Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester City! No such luck! How he’s managed fofana is a joke as well! He’s not the elite manager the media think he is! Please let today be the day!! Even if we have to suffer dyche for a while it’s better than this clown!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Adding to this. I think he has just given up. He doesn’t want to be here anymore and I think he is banking on a big club coming to take him. I think he is just kicking around and sulking and it’s rubbing off on the players.

He did the exact same thing at Liverpool and Celtic. Ironically we did end his sulk at Celtic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jim5000 said:

It's like lots of managers, apart from the really great ones. They come in, they change the system, it works for a period, until they get found out. What seperates the great managers is that they see this and can adjust the system either or utilise a completely new one.

Brendan tinkers around the edges with the formation, but he still insists on a high defensive line, possession rather than counter football, and playing it out from the back.

Unless you have world class players, you have to freshen up the approach otherwise other teams work you out and nullify your danger.

In our title winning season we got worked out, but the opposition said that we were so well into our groove, it didn't matter, we couldn't be stopped. However second season under Ranieri, we were completely worked out, we lost our form, and he was gone before Christmas.

Rodgers is good initially, but he has a 3 year cycle, like most managers unless they can bring in world class players that are simply a cut above the opposition in the league.

Agree with most of this.  The bit where I differ is the 16-17 season, Claudio did try to move to a more possession based system but didn’t have the players to do it.  Our brief renaissance under Shakey was largely instigated by reverting to type.  Also, refs clamping down on the dark arts in the box negating our main defensive strategy of showing them the outside knowing we would clear 99% of crosses - how things have changed.

9 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Our owners have always been pretty ruthless. Time to act Top. 

...I  feel the difference between Rodgers and Puel is how close the relationship would have been with Top!!!

Puel had an unenviable ability to alienate people, his persona was not endearing and his rapport with the squad was not good.

Rodgers on the other hand has a certain ability to persuade and cajole a degree of trust, as you believe he believes what he is saying and you want to believe him. His problem is his actions are not the same as his utterance and some can see right through him.

Their relationship may have got in the way and Top cannot see past this bond, it may just need someone else to come and weild the axe.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2