Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  feel the difference between Rodgers and Puel is how close the relationship would have been with Top!!!

Puel had an unenviable ability to alienate people, his persona was not endearing and his rapport with the squad was not good.

Rodgers on the other hand has a certain ability to persuade and cajole a degree of trust, as you believe he believes what he is saying and you want to believe him. His problem is his actions are not the same as his utterance and you can see right through him.

Their relationship may have got in the way and Top cannot see past this bond, it may just need someone else to weild the axe.

The difference is the amount of money it’ll cost to fire Rodgers, compared to Puel.  Anything else is meaningless.

Towards the back end of last season, I couldn’t wait for it to be over. Get some players fit, regroup and look forward to a new season.

Three games in, I feel exactly the fuching same. THREE GAMES!

I don’t believe the quality of the squad (or at least the first 11-15) is the reason. I’m not absolving the players of any blame, but the whole aura around the club, on the pitch and off of it stems from Rodgers.

He’s done well here overall, but he needs to go and soon.

Luckily, plenty of teams have had a poor start, and if we can make a change and pick up some form quickly, this season is 100% salvageable.

I think, if any decent managers were available and had been sounded out, BR would be on his way by the end of the week.

Would love Poch or Potter. If we don’t move soon, nobody bar the ones none of us really want will come here. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Dames said:

Possession football is in the bin, unless you have absolutely world class players its not going to work.

I'm starting to think that myself. It can be great to watch (if not done for possession's sake) but it's beyond the remit of most teams because most players loose the ball, or give it away, sometimes. It is, for me, a pursuit of excellence rather than a game of football.

I like teams that mix it up. High energy, physical sides that can play a bit too. They usually steam roller poor possession based sides (in the last couple of seasons, us v. WHam for example) For less technically gifted players (i.e. most of them!) it's also an easier style to play and so, from a club perspective, cheaper to achieve. 

Edited by taupe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

It really does feel like we’re in a Mexican standoff and neither party wants to flinch: Rodgers wants his payout but the club want him to make the first move.

Rodgers has had every opportunity to rally the fanbase around him and create a siege mentality at the club, yet he’s always refused that approach. It goes to show what he must think of our fans, and also shows how married he is to the idea that “better” football is always the answer.

All of us have been around the game long enough to know that cohesion, identity, and determination still matter and are just as important as they’ve always been. Anyone who deserves to remain manager of Leicester City Football Club should understand that as well. 

Absolute bang on about the siege mentality 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

This is borderline becoming cruel on the guy, why don’t the club see facts and get rid.. put him out of his misery.

The finance dept have taken control. No CFO is going to willingly sign off a 10-30m payout. 

Clearly it’s the right time for everyone. Feels like this is now a waiting game, get through the window and to the international break. 

At this point we can only speculate what’s going on down there, but it’s becoming more bizarre by the day. 

No transfer activity has been explained - sort of, but you look at other clubs though and wonder how they can do it. Kaspers seemingly sudden(ish) departure, lack of any information from the club, BR almost provocative comments after games and complete lack of enthusiasm, the players look shot of confidence. 

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

The finance dept have taken control. No CFO is going to willingly sign off a 10-30m payout. 

you only get full pay out of contract if BR doesn't take a another job - they get put on gardening leave until there contract expires 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, happy85 said:

you only get full pay out of contract if BR doesn't take a another job - they get put on gardening leave until there contract expires 

Either way the current logic is that if someone is getting paid they have to contribute its why the club are unwilling to leave anyone out of the 25 man squad. The same logic will apply to Rodgers. 

It might not be a direct payout but it’ll be paying Rodgers 10m a year whilst paying someone else 5. It won’t get signed off especially since the club are so unwilling to risk signing any players.

28 minutes ago, taupe said:

I'm starting to think that myself. It can be great to watch (if not done for possession's sake) but it's beyond the remit of most teams because most players loose the ball, or give it away, sometimes. It is, for me, a pursuit of excellence rather than a game of football.

I like teams that mix it up. High energy, physical sides that can play a bit too. They usually steam roller poor possession based sides (in the last couple of seasons, us v. WHam for example) For less technically gifted players (i.e. most of them!) it's also an easier style to play and so, from a club perspective, cheaper to achieve. 

I don’t see why a good team in the Premier League can’t do both? I understand you need different attributes, but we’ve got players to handle both styles I would say (or at least we did have).

Probably reading too much into it, but there wasn't a word from him on LCFC.com or socials before the game, and the same after, including no quotes in the post match report.

Either they're shielding him or it's go time

38 minutes ago, Incognito said:

I wonder if the players are as fed up with him as we are?

Cracks are starting to show - his captain disagreeing with Bodgers' post match comments on Saturday for a start.

Vardy mentioned something about sitting back immediately after we scored.

It is clear there is a disconnect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

There’s a lot to be critical of right now and things are looking pretty bad, but the way he has treated Fofana is exactly how I want any manager to treat any player who doesn’t want to be here any more. 

He can treat him like that but just don't tell the press. It's obvious he's deflecting the attention away from him, it's criminal.

Letting the world know he is training with the kids isn't going to increase his value. He's not thought about the club here, only himself which is what he's all about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He can treat him like that but just don't tell the press. It's obvious he's deflecting the attention away from him, it's criminal.

Letting the world know he is training with the kids isn't going to increase his value. He's not thought about the club here, only himself which is what he's all about.

It really doesn't matter whether he's told the press or not. 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t see why a good team in the Premier League can’t do both? I understand you need different attributes, but we’ve got players to handle both styles I would say (or at least we did have).

I agree. I did say "I like teams that mix it up" :)

• Like 1

It'll happen, but I just hope the replacement is swift and painless. If they're going to go with a manager who's currently unattached, I would hope that they'd already be making tentative enquiries so Rodgers departure and their first day are seamless.

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It really doesn't matter whether he's told the press or not. 

Clubs put a lot of effort into finding out about the personality of players these days, by all means let the world know what a **** he is after we sell him, but not before. 

Also Rodgers has now painted himself into a corner, his ego won't allow him to reintegrate him if Chelsea falls through. He'd have been better off just keeping quiet publicly IMO.

Think back to Pearson and when the press ever asked him about his players.

"I'll manage my players don't you worry about that"

Or 

"I'm not going to discuss this here with you now, I'm quite capable of dealing with the situation "

We all read between the lines, but it meant that the club was protected and big Nige had all his options open still. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Either way the current logic is that if someone is getting paid they have to contribute its why the club are unwilling to leave anyone out of the 25 man squad. The same logic will apply to Rodgers. 

It might not be a direct payout but it’ll be paying Rodgers 10m a year whilst paying someone else 5. It won’t get signed off especially since the club are so unwilling to risk signing any players.

...without having the contract infront of me, there is no definite answer to the amount to be paid out to Rodgers!!!

As I  previously said, David Moyes was given a £5m pay off after spending 10 months in a 6 year contract.

The remuneration to Rogers I would surmise to be 12 months pay, which would equate to £10m. There maybe a pro rata agreement in the contract for this specific purpose, which would stipulate what is to be paid.

Either Top is unable to, or not convinced that Rodgers should go, or we are in such a dire financial position, that we cannot afford to meet the cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

I want Brendan gone. 

But I wish some of our fans had a bit more respect for him than to call him a fraud. He’s not a fraud. He’s a really nice guy and he’s trying. He’s failing because he’s to stubborn to change but most managers are that way. Don’t call him a fraud or start laying in to him. He’s provided 3 of the best 4 PL finishes in our history and won us an FA Cup. He will go as a legend for me and someone I will always respect. I’m sorry Brendan, you need to go, we need a change but you don’t deserve abuse. 

I respect this view entirely. 

The issue is what he says in press conferences etc. Some of it is just outright lying. If he stopped that and conceded some responsibility at times, I don't think it would be abusive

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 4