Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Who is going to walk away from 10m a year not many bit stupid if the club thought this 

I definitely understand that it would be unimaginable to walk away from that amount of cash a year but maybe they see him as a self centred/obsessed individual who doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation that he has in the media’s eyes.

19 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

I have a feeling that there is money to spend but the board don’t trust Rodgers with it, I think they had hoped he would have walked due to this.

it’s time to pull the trigger on his tenure at the club.

Let the new manager and Martyn Glover the recruitment guy get us back on track, on and off the field.

This is it. I think the same. In Feb there is clear direction, not only from the Brendan but also the club that 4/5 players are needed. Including articles for normal reliable sources. That changes significantly and immediately as we hit the summer. Congerton leaves. The club stick by their valuation for players even those deemed surplus. 

Top doesn’t trust Brendan with the cash. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He isn’t in charge, let’s make that crystal clear- he does not run the club, let’s not proliferate this nonsense

It's absolutely not crystal-clear. My take on the club's position and that of the owners, club directors/executives and the playing management is that Rodgers is negatively influencing the Club's position by his increasing inability to admit to himself that he's having less-and-less success at maintaining a reasonable position in the Prem. He might not run the club, but he's certainly causing it to run less than smoothly.

• Like 2

Thing is - we were so good under him for the first two seasons. What’s happened? I don’t get it. I want him out as much as the next person but it’s the same squad. How have things gone so wrong? 

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Thing is - we were so good under him for the first two seasons. What’s happened? I don’t get it. I want him out as much as the next person but it’s the same squad. How have things gone so wrong? 

Look at his record elsewhere. It’s a pattern. 

7 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

I definitely understand that it would be unimaginable to walk away from that amount of cash a year but maybe they see him as a self centred/obsessed individual who doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation that he has in the media’s eyes.

True but he will just use no signings as an excuse so that's not really going to matter

• Like 1

Really feels like the end of the Puel rein.

Stodgy, slow, possesion football with no penetration, poor results. Saturday felt like when we lost to Cardiff at home in the 89th minute, and tonight felt like losing to to Newport County in the FA Cup (even though we won tonight on penalties).

The system is stale, the results are poor, the weaknesses haven't been addressed for over 12 months now, morale and fight is non-existant, and there is no sign of anything changing. Another 10 matches and we could be rock of the league and heading for the Championship.

At least Puel left a decent squad for the next guy, Rodgers will leave nothing apart from Vestergaard (still on 3 years when the new manager starts).

• Like 2

Just now, Jakemoore said:

I’d disagree. I watched a lot of games in that time that were boring, plus the typical implosion / bottling when it got tough. 

I’d say at a guess, I’ve enjoyed about 10-15% of the games he’s been in charge. 

All personal opinions of course but I haven’t seen a huge difference in style compared to Puel, which is a style I hate.
At the time however, I was just relieved Puel had been sacked… so I accepted it. But deep down, I knew what we were getting from some of the borefests I’d watched him manage Celtic for. 

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

True but he will just use no signings as an excuse so that's not really going to matter

yeah your right.

Under his tenure though he has bought 10 players costing over £200m, and of those 10 players he hardly plays 6 of them.

in his 25 man prem squad this season plus Ricardo, we have 4 players that have came through the academy and out of the remaining 22 nearly half are his signings, this is his squad that he’s assembled.

the man’s deluded.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

It's like lots of managers, apart from the really great ones. They come in, they change the system, it works for a period, until they get found out. What seperates the great managers is that they see this and can adjust the system either or utilise a completely new one.

Brendan tinkers around the edges with the formation, but he still insists on a high defensive line, possession rather than counter football, and playing it out from the back.

Unless you have world class players, you have to freshen up the approach otherwise other teams work you out and nullify your danger.

In our title winning season we got worked out, but the opposition said that we were so well into our groove, it didn't matter, we couldn't be stopped. However second season under Ranieri, we were completely worked out, we lost our form, and he was gone before Christmas.

Rodgers is good initially, but he has a 3 year cycle, like most managers unless they can bring in world class players that are simply a cut above the opposition in the league.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

What ever happened to the guy from the US that was on here, that wasn't a fan of any particular team but was a "Rodgers fan" and basically supported whatever team he was at? Perhaps we've actually found Brendan's login for here! It would actually be less weird all of that if it was actually Rodgers himself lol 

@SO1

39 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

I have a feeling that there is money to spend but the board don’t trust Rodgers with it, I think they had hoped he would have walked due to this.

it’s time to pull the trigger on his tenure at the club.

Let the new manager and Martyn Glover the recruitment guy get us back on track, on and off the field.

If that is true then it’s horrendous management by the club and whoever’s responsible for that decision should be out of the door.

If there is any money available for players you either give it to the manager or if you don’t back him then you sack him. 

• Like 1