Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I said a few pages ago that if wins us the cup and get top 4 he will go down as the second GOAT (after Ranieri) at our club. MON and Pearson will round up the top 5.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I said a few pages ago that if wins us the cup and get top 4 he will go down as the second GOAT (after Ranieri) at our club. MON and Pearson will round up the top 5.

For me, Ranieri was lucky rather than a Leicester GOAT. Achievement wise a goat but bigger picture, not so much. Anyway, not meaning to cause arguments so back on topic I think BR has to win something here or get top 4 and this is a great chance to do one or the other or both!!

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Bloke has taken the cup seriously since the third round at Stoke where he played a full strength team. 

He wanted to be in the final, fair play to him for delivering it.

Odd that in the seasons we were around mid-table in the prem (no threat of going down or challenging for Europe) we never took the competition seriously and played rotated (frankly, just weird) squads. 

The last two years where we’ve been fighting for Europe, arguably, more on the line, definitely financially by making the top 4, we’ve made it to the QF and The Final. That’s a shift in mentality instilled by the manager for me. You take every competition seriously, you take every single game you play seriously. It’s class. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We're a constant work in progress.

He's dragged us so far forward it's incredible.

Might not be far enough for some but still feels like a dream to me.

I grew up hoping we'd just get into the 4th or 5th round to play a decent Prem team. Now we're in the final ffs, incredible stuff.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....MON and Pearson one and two........!!!

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Considering the injuries, what we've done is unbelievable. 

Taking in Those Chronic injuries, with Rodgers trying to Balance out and put in some purpose & routine ,in a decimated squad,

with no returnee yet returning   old Quality Performance levels....

These last 2 seasons together, I reckon so far he is doing a top job...achieving 2 seasons of high positions in mitigating circumstances

near on unbelievable...

Any Tenure cant really be measured until that individual manager has completed their career or at least near the end of their careers...

So MON,Ranieri,Pearson, Gillies comparisons...just far too early to judge the  Rodgers tenure...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Starting to really warm to him now:wub:

I think I may love him more than I did Ranieri. Sounds weird to say but I ended up being furious with Ranieri and the team whenever we played at the end of his time here. It was a horrid end.

I loved Pearson, everything seemed together under him (twice), and I feel that with Rodgers. He seems to get it.

• Like 1

For the first time I think I've heard Brendan actually let a little of 'him' through in an interview for us. I know it's all safe stuff he's saying but bloody hell, first time he looks like he's not being controlled by some sort of safety algorithm.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

For the first time I think I've heard Brendan actually let a little of 'him' through in an interview for us. I know it's all safe stuff he's saying but bloody hell, first time he looks like he's not being controlled by some sort of safety algorithm.

Also at 1:50 a line drawn in the "stand" I really want to believe he's turning the saying into a football related one on purpose 😂

Edited by Collymore

On 19/04/2021 at 17:02, Fox92 said:

I think I may love him more than I did Ranieri. Sounds weird to say but I ended up being furious with Ranieri and the team whenever we played at the end of his time here. It was a horrid end.

I loved Pearson, everything seemed together under him (twice), and I feel that with Rodgers. He seems to get it.

This team is unquestionably better and Rodgers is better than Ranieri irrespective of what Ranieri achieved. . Still, Ranieri is the GOAT, and if we finish top 4 + win the FA Cup Rodgers will go down as our second greatest in my opinion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

This team is unquestionably better and Rodgers is better than Ranieri irrespective of what Ranieri achieved. . Still, Ranieri is the GOAT, and if we finish top 4 + win the FA Cup Rodgers will go down as our second greatest in my opinion. 

Ranieri couldn’t really sustain things, he was the right man at the right time for sure and will always be a legend for what he achieved here, but Rodgers is a different class of manager in my view. 

• Like 1