Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brad Young

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/29/theyre-very-keen-manager-says-leicester-want-to-sign-his-young-player/

Another Goal Keeper?

‘THEY’RE VERY KEEN’: MANAGER SAYS LEICESTER WANT TO SIGN HIS YOUNG PLAYER

Leicester City are ‘very keen’ to sign Hartlepool United goalkeeper Brad Young, the non-league club’s manager Dave Challinor told the Hartlepool Mail. 

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/29/theyre-very-keen-manager-says-leicester-want-to-sign-his-young-player/

Another Goal Keeper?

Leicester City are ‘very keen’ to sign Hartlepool United goalkeeper Brad Young, the non-league club’s manager Dave Challinor told the Hartlepool Mail. 

another one!  (as the old dear said about the general election, couldn't locate the clip). Are we opening a goalkeeper farm ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

another one!  (as the old dear said about the general election, couldn't locate the clip). Are we opening a goalkeeper farm ?

If we can find a goalkeeper who can do an emergency shift as a striker, I would go for that. I remember strikers doing the opposite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Another Goal Keeper?

Wait. THE dave challinor? Tranmere long throw expert who was supposed to beat us in Worthington Cup final??

• 1 month later...

Think these guys usually talk a load of rubbish but still...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leicester-city-beat-chelsea-to-young-deal-as-terms-agreed/

Sources: Leicester City beat Chelsea to Young deal as terms agreed

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Hartlepool goalkeeper Brad Young, Football Insider understands.

The FA Cup holders are finalising the capture of the 19-year-old following a breakthrough in talks.

A club source has told Football Insider that Young will sign a three-year deal with Leicester after accepting their contract offer.

The deal is regarded as a coup for the Foxes as the teenager has attracted interest from other Premier League clubs including Chelsea.

Young has quickly risen through the ranks at Hartlepool during his five years with the club.

He recently signed his first professional deal after impressing with the club’s youth side.

Young also spent the first half of last season on loan at Blyth Spartans before the sixth tier’s season was shut down.

The six feet four inches stopper has also spent time in the England youth set up.

He was selected in Ian Foster’s 21 player squad that trainer together over a week in March.

The Three Lions were meant to play under-19 European Championship qualifying matches that month but all of UEFA’s youth tournaments were cancelled.

Should he make the move to the King Power Stadium, Young could have the chance to play in the Under 19s UEFA Youth League.

The Foxes secured another season of Europa League football after spending the majority of the season in the top four.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2021 at 13:15, FOXSE said:

Wait. THE dave challinor? Tranmere long throw expert who was supposed to beat us in Worthington Cup final??

Yep him!! Remember the kerfuffle about him not being able to use a towel to dry the ball before each throw in? 

• Like 1

Add another one then. Can't hurt.

22 year old Vikor Johannson seemed a good goalkeeping prospect after training and travailing with the first team. I was surprised we let him go. He signed for Rotherham last season and shared under half the appearances and helped them stay up in the Championship. I also thought Bosworth would be decent after winning a couple of academy awards and was then released. We're still got that massive, I think American, lad. And Iversen still, I presume, on loan. Welcome Brad!

Edited by Foxxed

Just now, moore_94 said:

Nahh, Brad Young is going into the development squad

Yeah, for sure but if we could get cash for Ward and put in Japukovic (sp) as no.2, it made me wonder if Brad might be bled in for no.3!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Yeah, for sure but if we could get cash for Ward and put in Japukovic (sp) as no.2, it made me wonder if Brad might be bled in for no.3!

Probably a fair few years off Young pushing for a first team keeper position (even 3rd choice), yet to make a league appearance for even Hartlepool

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He has a verbal agreement in place to go back on loan to PNE

Isn’t that on the basis that we decide early pre season if he’s not brought into the 1st team fold then he’ll be back there?

if Ward really wants out that’ll definitely mean we’ll have to think about this. Not sure if I’d trust Jakupovic. 

5 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Isn’t that on the basis that we decide early pre season if he’s not brought into the 1st team fold then he’ll be back there?

if Ward really wants out that’ll definitely mean we’ll have to think about this. Not sure if I’d trust Jakupovic. 

It is just while Ward and Kasper are on holiday/at the Euro's - Iversen and Jakupovic will be our keepers for pre-season, once the others are back he would then go to Preston

Should we end up selling Ward I imagine there will probably be another discussion about what to do with Iversen, as although he could probably be a quality number 2 for us, Iversen wants to be out playing every week rather than sat on the bench getting probably 5 games a season if he is lucky

Edited by moore_94

46 minutes ago, John rayner said:

If ward leaves I would keep Iversen as our no 2 ,PNE raved about him when on loan last season, 

But he won't want to sit on our bench all season, unless Kasper gets injured. 

I know Ward appears happy to do so, and maybe Iverson would too, but personally I'd like to see him continue his development playing competitive football each week.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2021 at 12:47, An Sionnach said:

If we can find a goalkeeper who can do an emergency shift as a striker, I would go for that. I remember strikers doing the opposite.

Alan Young presumably. Walshy was about as far back a player who I can recall was as effective as a centre-forward. 

I can imagine him in goal - getting sent off for catching someone's head instead of the ball :rolleyes:.

Now, Rene Higuita was spectacularly gifted technically and tactically very aware.I vaguely recall he also took  penalties for his team (s). But I wouldn't want anyone as 'eccentric' in City's squad!