Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

10 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Another player we are going to lose out on unfortunately... 

Just happy to get a fair chunk back especially as he's nearly 29 and one year left on his deal.

A bit like Musa when we nearly got all our money back on him despite him being terrible here. One great World Cup and we sold when his value had peaked and within two years the buying club had released him on a free. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think he is just about the last dead wood player floating around the team, maybe Benkovic as well

3 contracts will also run down at the end of June, so with Ghezzal off the books too, this will free up more cash.

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Just happy to get a fair chunk back especially as he's nearly 29 and one year left on his deal.

A bit like Musa when we nearly got all our money back on him despite him being terrible here. One great World Cup and we sold when his value had peaked and within two years the buying club had released him on a free. 

Didn’t realise he was 29 so it’s not so bad..👍

41 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Still never understood  why we signed him. Was it to keep are Algerian fan base happy? Poor player 

More likely just a huge misjudgement by Claude Puel about his capability to add something to our squad.

To be fair to Puel, didn't Soyuncu, Pereira, Maddison, Evans and Tielemans all sign during his tenure? I think he just made a huge mistake with Ghezzal. No manager gets it right every time, though poor Rachid never looked like a player that would prosper in this league. How Claude didn't see that, we'll never know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

More likely just a huge misjudgement by Claude Puel about his capability to add something to our squad.

To be fair to Puel, didn't Soyuncu, Pereira, Maddison, Evans and Tielemans all sign during his tenure? I think he just made a huge mistake with Ghezzal. No manager gets it right every time, though poor Rachid never looked like a player that would prosper in this league. How Claude didn't see that, we'll never know.

Yeah that’s a fair comment,

but it was easy to see he wasn’t the option before we signed him 

Maybe there was no alternative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kent-Fox said:

Yeah that’s a fair comment,

but it was easy to see he wasn’t the option before we signed him 

Maybe there was no alternative.

My memory (though it fails me a lot these days), is that we were pretty much scrambling around by that stage just to get someone in. 

You're absolutely right that even Stevie Wonder could have seen that he was unlikely to have an impact. It's unusual that a new signing has such a negative response from such a sizeable group of a clubs fans, but many weren't impressed from the get go. I seem to remember comments from (some) Monaco supporters who were astounded at the fee we paid too. Yep, a very strange signing from an otherwise pretty astute manager. There were other mistakes (alongside his successes), but none nearly as costly as Ghezzal. C'est la vie I suppose.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kent-Fox said:

Still never understood  why we signed him. Was it to keep are Algerian fan base happy? Poor player 

Ghezzal was a gamble ( he didn't even starts for Algeria) just last game when he was something like mahrez (we were surprised about his performance ) 

And the Algeria  fan base of leicester is huge ( you can't believe till you see it ) ,one of the most loved and followed teams in Pl (don't be mislead by social media )

Edited by erabil05
  • Like 1

as a besiktas fan ı would say that he's not enough for epl and he'll never probably but for our league and that levels he's perfect and 5-6 million will be so good for a none epl player hope we will go on agreement with you love foxes and cags loves from turkey

• Like 4

Guest Fktf
On 01/05/2021 at 10:25, FoxesWalk said:

looks decent, found his level I guess 

The state of the goalkeeping in that league lol