Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Perhaps Rodgers thinks he is after all our best , and cheapest , option wide right  given Trincao and Pereira are in the £30 million bracket.

We have set an asking price for him and are in talks with Besiktas to sell, doubt Rodgers has any interest in keeping him around

Ghezzal also wants to stay at Besiktas anyway, better off getting as much as we can and putting it towards a player we want

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

With three clubs on his trail, we’ll get much of our purchase price back for a player who, this time last year, was a complete writeoff. 

Ghezzal will end up playing at the level where he excels.  Maybe for fans who’d sell vital organs to keep him.

Another Foxes story with a happy ending.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, KingsX said:

With three clubs on his trail, we’ll get much of our purchase price back for a player who, this time last year, was a complete writeoff. 

This is absolutely spot on - Ghezzal's stock is at its highest since we signed him, Rodgers has involved him as an unused sub in one match day squad so clearly would rather his future was elsewhere, and Ghezzal has found his groove again at Besiktas being instrumental in a league and cup double. 

We'd be absolute mugs to not cash in now. Hopefully we can fetch 6-8mil and put it towards a key target - preferably a right winger who is the absolute dog's nuts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bert said:

Well he’s had a good season albeit in the Turkish league, so that’s a bit unfair. But on the whole you’re right, he’s not good enough for where we want to be. 

Players do improve.  

renato Sanches is proof of this. 

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

People can be snobbish about the Turkish league all they want. But fair play to ghezzal what a season he had over there, if you listen to some posters on here he could barely kick a ball. 

But to finish the season with 25 goals and assists in 31 games and a league winners medal is a fantastic achievement. 

Not saying he should come back or anything like that but deffo deserves a bit of respect for the season he had. Good for him and good for us as we should hopefully get a few million for him in the kitty and that looked highly unlikely a year ago. 

If we were buying him, people would be going crazy with how great a season he’d had. 

41 minutes ago, Sly said:

If we were buying him, people would be going crazy with how great a season he’d had. 

But you would still get a lot of people that would be hesitant of him because of the league he has played in

What we saw from him last time is what makes people wary of whether he could come back and do a job

He wants to stay over there, club want rid, we get some money we can invest into the squad, all parties win

18 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Perhaps Rodgers thinks he is after all our best , and cheapest , option wide right  given Trincao and Pereira are in the £30 million bracket.

Still can’t get over Trincao being valued at 30 million, he’s done shit all.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Still can’t get over Trincao being valued at 30 million, he’s done shit all.

Barca signed him for €31m so them wanting a small profit really shouldn’t be that surprising 

20 hours ago, Spudulike said:

He could be our Europa League secret weapon. Seriously it could be suited to his style. 

I agree with this, and in an ideal world, it would happen that way. But, it’s not going to happen. It didn’t even work out for Ünder, who imo, is better than Ghezzal.

Apparently we have turned down a €10m offer from an unnamed Italian club, seems like our asking price has gone up!

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/06/09/leicester-city-knock-back-bid-from-italian-club-for-29-year-old/512215/

Leicester City have turned down a €10m offer from an unnamed Italian club for Rachid Ghezzal, who spent the 2020/21 season on loan with Turkish giants Besiktas, according to Turkish journalist Ekrem Konur.

While the name of the Italian club has not been revealed, the Foxes appear to want a fee of more than €10m for the sale of the winger this summer.

Leicester, who are said to be prepared to part ways with Ghezzal despite his exploits in Turkey, will be hopeful of Besiktas meeting their financial demands.

However, the Foxes could be in line to face a blow soon as initial talks between Ghezzal’s agent and Besiktas have not gone according to plan, according to Turkish journalist Yagiz Sabuncuoglu.

The Algeria international’s agent Anouir Fazuli is said to have spoken to Besiktas supremo Emre Kocadag on Tuesday, but could not agree on personal terms.

“SPECIAL | Beşiktaş Vice President Emre Kocadağ and Rachid Ghezzal's manager Anouir Fazuli made a phone call today.

• The parties could not agree on material terms. The first meeting was unsuccessful.”

“There was an offer of around 10 million Euros from Italy, but Leicester City did not accept it.”

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Barca signed him for €31m so them wanting a small profit really shouldn’t be that surprising 

Barcelona and financial sense do not go well together.

Not understanding the clamour for Trincao at all, other than him being a shiny new toy. Can’t see him doing anything that Ghezzal can’t do for free

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Not understanding the clamour for Trincao at all, other than him being a shiny new toy. Can’t see him doing anything that Ghezzal can’t do for free

So you would rather us keep Ghezzal who has failed with us before (and had 1 good season in his career in the Turkish league) and let him leave on a free next season instead of selling this summer for €10m+ and investing that in a young promising player?

Nothing to suggest in his previous time here that Ghezzal would come in and provide anything

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

I’m guessing the fact we’ve been after him for so long days the scouts/the club see something in him.... but they’ve also seen something in Slimani and co so they’re not fool proof lol 

Just now, dbtcity said:

I’m guessing the fact we’ve been after him for so long days the scouts/the club see something in him.... but they’ve also seen something in Slimani and co so they’re not fool proof lol 

Slimani is a bad example I think, I'm pretty sure the scouts didn't recommend him and Ranieri wanted to push through with the move anyhow. But I could be incorrect there.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Slimani is a bad example I think, I'm pretty sure the scouts didn't recommend him and Ranieri wanted to push through with the move anyhow. But I could be incorrect there.

I disagree with that we were also heavily linked with him under Pearson... either way we seem to have a much higher success rate recently and I fully trust the scouting system we’ve got in place 

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So you would rather us keep Ghezzal who has failed with us before (and had 1 good season in his career in the Turkish league) and let him leave on a free next season instead of selling this summer for €10m+ and investing that in a young promising player?

Nothing to suggest in his previous time here that Ghezzal would come in and provide anything

Trincao is a big risk, he has failed to impress at a big club in a league that favours light-weight attackers. I’d rather invest the money in a sure-thing rather than be tied down to another Under.

59 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m a forum poster on FoxesTalk, I know more than any Leicester scouts :@

• Haha 2