Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

I mean we clearly don't want him, they're not gonna ship us £20m.

£7m seems fair, I suspect if no other clubs came in Besiktas would probably have tried for another loan. If a few clubs are in I imagine we'll get the fee we want.

If Rudders can extract 7m out of a Turkish Club, he deserves a Knighthood,  a Statue and the Noble Peace Prize.   They are all tighter than a Mosquitoes chuff (unverified) .  

• Haha 2

Olympiakos interested, we apparently wont accept less than €7m

http://sportwitness.co.uk/clubs-seriously-considering-signing-leicester-city-foxes-wont-accept-e7m/

After signing Tiquinho Soares from Porto, Greek giants Olympiacos are looking to bolster their squad further and Sdna report they are interested in signing Leicester City winger Rachid Ghezzal.

The Algerian spent the last season on loan at Besiktas and was instrumental in his side winning the double, scoring eight goals and providing 18 assists.

Besiktas, as expected, are looking to keep Ghezzal for next season, but interest from other clubs such as AS Monaco is making things difficult for them. Olympiacos are now also believed to be in the picture as well, and it’s reported their interest is serious.

Sdna claim Olympiacos manager Pedro Martins is keen to strengthen his squad with wingers and Ghezzal is on his list, along with Karagumruk’s Alessane N’dao and Arsenal’s Reiss Nelson.

It’s also reported Leicester City won’t accept offers below €7m for Ghezzal, which could price Besiktas out of a deal.

Ghezzal’s contract with Leicester City will expire at the end of June 2022 so the Foxes have decision to make this summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Is he worth giving another chance?..

8 goals

17 assists

While out on loan.

Ok, inferior League and all that, but......

Don't want this to be another Kramaric scenario.

Keep or sell?

Answered your own question there mate

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

8 goals

17 assists

While out on loan.

Keep or sell?

If we don't get an offer above £7m I say keep him.  It sends a message that we won't buckle from a fair price  just because a player has only one year left on his contract and he might not be much good in the PL but he's better than Perez.

37 minutes ago, weller54 said:

8 goals

17 assists

While out on loan.

Keep or sell?

..perhaps if we didn't know him it would have been a temptation to pick him up!!!

He was so slow, never attempted to impose himself on the game and the only thing that I can say in his favour is that the personalities in our club at the time would have been incredibly overwhelming for a player in a new country.

Just watching the confidence coming from him is amazing and you are looking at a new player. If we brought this player back, I  am sure there would be a better performances now that it seems he believes in himself. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 07:15, Bryn said:

I mean we clearly don't want him, they're not gonna ship us £20m.

£7m seems fair, I suspect if no other clubs came in Besiktas would probably have tried for another loan. If a few clubs are in I imagine we'll get the fee we want.

All these clubs want mega money when we want to buy but are broke when they want to buy, fair enough but then they must have few young prospects, I'm sure @Ric Flaircould find someone worth swapping.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

All these clubs want mega money when we want to buy but are broke when they want to buy, fair enough but then they must have few young prospects, I'm sure @Ric Flaircould find someone worth swapping.

Because we're buying players the parent club don't want to sell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You do realise that's a million times more than £6,990,000?

Ssshhh. Maybe Besiktas won’t notice either..

On 03/06/2021 at 14:44, weller54 said:

8 goals

17 assists

While out on loan.

Keep or sell?

No.  Sell.  With Perez. Buy one , get one half price.

27 minutes ago, majaco said:

No.  Sell.  With Perez. Buy one , get one half price.

I agree. Kramaric we knew had a higher ceiling in terms of performance. I look at Ghezzel and feel he’d still struggle. He’s always been talented but lacked physically.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

They clearly rate him. Have him an 11/10.

It *can't* just be me that ****ing loathes this overfamiliar style of writing that's infiltrated everything, passing itself off as half decent.

Rachid Ghezzal. Cleans his own boots. Left leg that could open a tin of beans. Short sentences. Remember clocking off work on a Friday? Glorious. The weekend. The Super Lig. Besiktas. Short sentences. Rachid pulling strings. The lad from France running the show. Etc etc.

Dullards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1