Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Assuming you must be joking....

No I'm not, ghezzal did look rubbish, but he clearly has something there, what would he be like if he had the game time perez has had, and I did say if we absolutely had to.

• Like 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

No I'm not, ghezzal did look rubbish, but he clearly has something there, what would he be like if he had the game time perez has had, and I did say if we absolutely had to.

Ghezzal is not a prem player and he's already proved that. He didn't have the pace, the strength nor the ability to make decisions and play faster. 

If a club of our stature went and got its rejects back because said player did well in a shit leugue with not too many good teams in it either then we'd end up in the championship. The club tried once and he massively failed and I cannot for the life of me think of one good reason why the management would even consider sanctioning a move back for him.

Move on and sign a marquee RW.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Ghezzal is not a prem player and he's already proved that. He didn't have the pace, the strength nor the ability to make decisions and play faster. 

If a club of our stature went and got its rejects back because said player did well in a shit leugue with not too many good teams in it either then we'd end up in the championship. The club tried once and he massively failed and I cannot for the life of me think of one good reason why the management would even consider sanctioning a move back for him.

I'm with you on that, but all the things you describe is perez also and he's had an incredible amount of game time 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, UHDrive said:

he could be the next KDB lol 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Langston said:

It *can't* just be me that ****ing loathes this overfamiliar style of writing that's infiltrated everything, passing itself off as half decent.

Rachid Ghezzal. Cleans his own boots. Left leg that could open a tin of beans. Short sentences. Remember clocking off work on a Friday? Glorious. The weekend. The Super Lig. Besiktas. Short sentences. Rachid pulling strings. The lad from France running the show. Etc etc.

Dullards.

image.png.580c741849f7b2ec64b7f1a07c9f0f86.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He was always on to a loser here. Came in after mahrez went. Who was pretty much irreplaceable.

Lacks a bit of pace. Can strike a ball well but was lacking confidence so much.

the stats he had this season, if he didn’t already play for us people would be raving about him.  Though I think we will let him go and sign a younger option.

thouugh he now does fit into the “winners” bracket that Brendan mentioned.

43 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

I would keep him for a season deserves his chance 

He's had his chance. He's not PL standard and that view is from watching every game he played. It's easier playing in a weaker leugue and gaining confidence but if you put him back with the big boys again then he'll get slaughtered all over again. Ghezzal is one of those confidence players and therefore amongst other things he's not good enough for where our club is at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teblin said:

He was always on to a loser here. Came in after mahrez went. Who was pretty much irreplaceable.

Lacks a bit of pace. Can strike a ball well but was lacking confidence so much.

the stats he had this season, if he didn’t already play for us people would be raving about him.  Though I think we will let him go and sign a younger option.

thouugh he now does fit into the “winners” bracket that Brendan mentioned.

...it is like chalk and cheese watching him play this season!!!

There is this arrogance he now portrays which was never a feature when we had him here. There would have been a bit of reservation when he came and surrounded by big personalities within the team, you tend to take a backseat and eventually hope to find your place within the group.

New surroundings and an unfamiliar language and a style of play that you are asked to conform to, it is no wonder that some players take a season to settle before they can become comfortable with themselves again.

At the time, his performances for us came across as someone who lacked pace and failed to understand what was required of him through out the game. Obviously there would have been a lack of confidence to some degree,  but that was not his overriding issue.

It would be Interesting to see what this Ghezzal could produce for us, if given the chance next season. The environment he now finds himself has allowed him to express himself on the pitch, it definitely would be Interesting to find out though.

2 hours ago, Kent-Fox said:

I would keep him for a season deserves his chance 

Yet another occasion where a player gets better in peoples eyes by not playing.  Hi is no where near a Premier League player and never has been.  All the stats in a league which is, in the main, a lower standard than Championship level does not mean he will come back and all of a sudden take the Prem by storm.

Had his chance - Get rid.

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Yet another occasion where a player gets better in peoples eyes by not playing.  Hi is no where near a Premier League player and never has been.  All the stats in a league which is, in the main, a lower standard than Championship level does not mean he will come back and all of a sudden take the Prem by storm.

Had his chance - Get rid.

Well he’s had a good season albeit in the Turkish league, so that’s a bit unfair. But on the whole you’re right, he’s not good enough for where we want to be. 

On 05/06/2021 at 22:26, UHDrive said:

I'm putting you down as 'on the fence ' for this one 

On 05/06/2021 at 22:20, splinterdream said:

I think you're getting carried away. Ghezzal is just not up to it.

On 05/06/2021 at 22:13, splinterdream said:

I'd definitely give ghezzal 6 months, if we absolutel had to if the alternative was perez  

Crickey, I know the guy is shit but 6 months, that’s harsh. Mind you, I’d probably give the cnut 12 for impersonating a professional footballer. 

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

He's had his chance. He's not PL standard and that view is from watching every game he played. It's easier playing in a weaker leugue and gaining confidence but if you put him back with the big boys again then he'll get slaughtered all over again. Ghezzal is one of those confidence players and therefore amongst other things he's not good enough for where our club is at.

You're right, he's had his chance and been found lacking, although I'm not sure how many games his 19 appearances would add up to in minutes.  The thing is, if we don't sign a RW, then even if he is poor, he only has to be better than Perez to improve us.  I would back him in that particular two horse (donkey?) race.

Failure to address this gaping hole in our offensive capabilities has arguably cost us a place in the CL two seasons running. If we don't rectify this glaring error and go for a major upgrade in this position over the summer then we may as well give the guy another go. If it's a confidence issue, then surpassing Under's contributions of last season and having to compete with perennial whipping boy Perez and Albrighton (legend though he is his best days are now behind him) shouldn't be too intimidating for him, surely.  

28 minutes ago, murphy said:

You're right, he's had his chance and been found lacking, although I'm not sure how many games his 19 appearances would add up to in minutes.  The thing is, if we don't sign a RW, then even if he is poor, he only has to be better than Perez to improve us.  I would back him in that particular two horse (donkey?) race.

Ha! I was scratching my head for a few minutes trying to figure that one out! My answer would be to play Albrighton either as a RB of RWB.

Maybe we are going to sign a RW as we don`t feel we need a RW? In this case Ghezzal** is pointless anyway

** NO other Algerian left footed right wingers can exist