Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Viktor Tsygankov's stats this season are exceptional. Ticks all the boxes of a hard working goals and assists machine with pace. Could be the elusive missing jewel in the crown for us, although the Ukranian league comes with its note of caution. 

Would love to see it, but it ain't my money  :D

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not a specific transfer rumours, more a possibility or invitation :(

Bordeaux put into administration as US owners pull financial support - SportsPro Media

Only player from them I would consider is Yacine Adli (we were actually interested in him last summer apparently) and maybe Josh Maja

I wonder if any of those scouts who left us for them after they got taken over will come back, although I think Eduardo Macia has already been sacked (our head of recruitments leaving to be a Director of Football elsewhere having a shocker, both Walsh and Macia sacked after short stints)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only player from them I would consider is Yacine Adli (we were actually interested in him last summer apparently) and maybe Josh Maja

I wonder if any of those scouts who left us for them after they got taken over will come back, although I think Eduardo Macia has already been sacked (our head of recruitments leaving to be a Director of Football elsewhere having a shocker, both Walsh and Macia sacked after short stints)

Not very exciting but Remi Oudin was a huge signing for them at the time, and is basically a left footed Marc Albrighton. Unreal work rate and chips in with a few goals and assists. I know one decent season in Ligue 1 is never enough evidence (See Ghezzal) but in 2018/19 he got 10 goals and 4 assists at Reims which is when he burst on the scene.

Could be an unfashionable squad buy that turns out to be successful, he was a Macia pick when Bordeaux signed him.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not very exciting but Remi Oudin was a huge signing for them at the time, and is basically a left footed Marc Albrighton. Unreal work rate and chips in with a few goals and assists. I know one decent season in Ligue 1 is never enough evidence (See Ghezzal) but in 2018/19 he got 10 goals and 4 assists at Reims which is when he burst on the scene.

Could be an unfashionable squad buy that turns out to be successful, he was a Macia pick when Bordeaux signed him.

Definitely got the defensive side to him (although as below his stats for pressures are shocking) but had a poor season offensively (although with how poor Bordeaux have been, you can understand why), still think if we go for this kind of player it should be Faivre at Brest

FF29597C-34C6-4D70-9C39-5C325CD02F25.jpeg

Edited by moore_94

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Definitely got the defensive side to him (although as below his stats for pressures are shocking) but had a poor season offensively (although with how poor Bordeaux have been, you can understand why), still think if we go for this kind of player it should be Faivre at Brest

FF29597C-34C6-4D70-9C39-5C325CD02F25.jpeg

That website throws up some very weird stats that aren't always true, I've stopped using it for anything other than a quick glance at overall numbers.

Many better players out there than Oudin but he's the sort of unfashionable player that might have done well here in years gone by.

Would like, ideally young, French, another CB, and what about Taiwo Awoniyi?

I know he is a Liverpool player, on loan at Union Berlin, but he was Kel's strike partner at Nigeria U17s.

Been on loan for 3 seasons, but his trajectory appears to be improving

At the moment I think our defensive options , when everybody is fit that is , are well covered and although its tempting we don't want to fall into the trap of collecting players. Its great that Kel has picked up the baton from Vardy but our attacking options are still thin. We must concentrate our transfer budget on the attack this time because we must maintain our goal threat at all times.

13 hours ago, Flappit said:

Eze would be nice to have. Carries the ball beautifully. 

Agreed! I watched him before he moved to Palace and he has made the step up to this league look so easy. 

I could imagine under Rodgers he would improve even more so. 

It's a shame we didn't get him when palace managed to as i honestly think this lad will go to somewhere like United or Man city in the next few years.

Been told by someone who is IDK at Cov that we want Gustavo Hamer from them its apparently nearly a done deal and Matty James will go to Cov in exchange. I imagine there will be a bit of cash involved as well. 

He is a DM so could see some truth in it especially if Hamza is to leave and Wilf and Papy both go to the AFCON

Just now, goose2010 said:

Been told by someone who is IDK at Cov that we want Gustavo Hamer from them its apparently nearly a done deal and Matty James will go to Cov in exchange. I imagine there will be a bit of cash involved as well. 

He is a DM so could see some truth in it especially if Hamza is to leave and Wilf and Papy both go to the AFCON

Not sure why Cov would agree to Matty James as part of the deal when his contract is up in the summer (unless we have an option to extend for 1 year)

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Not sure why Cov would agree to Matty James as part of the deal when his contract is up in the summer (unless we have an option to extend for 1 year)

not sure to be honest, he could have just meant that Matty James will sign for Cov in the summer? Not sure. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Idk = I don't know by the sounds of it 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Another midget 5'6"

21 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Do you ever read anyone’s posts before smashing the reply button? I literally said I wouldn’t begrudge him the move. 

I swear every time you reply to a post I make, it’s to insinuate something which I didn’t say.

You calling me a Wanchor again. Fuch sake. 

Edited by ARM1968

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

$6m as well, pennies.

I think he'd be too lightweight for the EPL though, like another Bernard.

Yeah, I agree, but he would have been really exciting for a while at least. lol

• Like 1