Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, I agree, but he would have been really exciting for a while at least. lol

For $6m may have been a gamble worth taking yeah. Although the new work permit rules would probably have been a problem. 

Will look forward to seeing him in the MLS, watch a fair amount of that league, it's pretty exciting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

For $6m may have been a gamble worth taking yeah. Although the new work permit rules would probably have been a problem. 

Will look forward to seeing him in the MLS, watch a fair amount of that league, it's pretty exciting.

Work permit would have been fine, played in the final of the Copa Libertadores this season, would have shit work permit points for fun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Might get him on loan if we can afford his wages. He won't be staying at Fulham that is for sure.

He can be very good to terrible. We don't need that and not at his likely high Salary.

I think we can do better, Someone like Soucek at WH. 6 ft 4 box to box midfielder who also scores goals.

That's what we need. And the bought him for 19 Million. approx. Dacoure was another we missed.

We need to find the next one that's out there playing.

I know it's highly likely Edouard is going to be our main target this summer but I'd like us to go for Jonas Wind from Copenhagen. He's an all round centre forward who is strong and quick so can lead the line on his own or drop in and link play. Doesn't get the hype that Haland gets for obvious reasons but like Isak is another quality young Scandinavian forward. 

5 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I hope we go back in for Rodrigo De Paul in the summer, think he could be a massive player for us.

I remember that link from summer, all the Leeds fans piping up that he'd choose Leeds over us as they were a massive club etc etc

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know it's highly likely Edouard is going to be our main target this summer but I'd like us to go for Jonas Wind from Copenhagen. He's an all round centre forward who is strong and quick so can lead the line on his own or drop in and link play. Doesn't get the hype that Haland gets for obvious reasons but like Isak is another quality young Scandinavian forward. 

I've heard he doesn't say much on the pitch... silent, but deadly!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Big fan of the Trumps  

Edited by Mike Oxlong

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

Some relegated players that we should be interested in

Serdar 

Harit

Lookman

Andersen (Fulham) 

Rafa mir 

Maybe Ryan guald? 

Just bored so took a look. 

Huesca is hopefully staying up so Mir wouldn’t be an option. Believe in Shinji vibes.

Edited by Deeg67

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

Serdar 

Harit

Lookman

Andersen (Fulham) 

Rafa mir 

Maybe Ryan guald? 

I wouldn't mind Serdar - the kind of midfielder we could do with in the squad.

If Bournemouth don't win the play-offs, I'd throw Phillip Billing into that area too. I certainly think a rangy box-to-box type would be a nice option.

• Like 1

One thing about Edouard is although he ticks a lot of boxes , he is unlikely to make an instant impact . All his goals have been scored against lower standard defences. He will need to sharpen his thinking considerably to outfox top class defences . So we should give him time to step up and not get on his back too quickly. He will probably be a impact sub for a while . If he shows he can work well with Iheanacho and Barnes though our attack could make the Vardy transition much more easily.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

One thing about Edouard is although he ticks a lot of boxes , he is unlikely to make an instant impact . All his goals have been scored against lower standard defences. He will need to sharpen his thinking considerably to outfox top class defences . So we should give him time to step up and not get on his back too quickly. He will probably be a impact sub for a while . If he shows he can work well with Iheanacho and Barnes though our attack could make the Vardy transition much more easily.

We shouldn't get on the back of any players for football reasons. Especially strikers that feed off confidence. On the whole, I think we are pretty good in that respect. 

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

Serdar 

Harit

Lookman

Andersen (Fulham) 

Rafa mir 

Maybe Ryan guald? 

Andersen is on loan from lyon 

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, (if it  has I haven't seen it), but Watford and Norwich's promotion will save The Premier League £83m in parachute payments that would have been due if they hadn't been promoted.  This figure could increase if Bournemouth make it through the play offs. 

I believe that this translates as a windfall for each club of £4m+.  Not to be sniffed at, that's a Jonny Evans or half a Justin.

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, (if it  has I haven't seen it), but Watford and Norwich's promotion will save The Premier League £83m in parachute payments that would have been due if they hadn't been promoted.  This figure could increase if Bournemouth make it through the play offs. 

I believe that this translates as a windfall for each club of £4m+.  Not to be sniffed at, that's a Jonny Evans or half a Justin.

Almost like the Premier League is becoming a closed shop now making it very difficult for non-recent Championship clubs to get to the promised land. 

Next seasons promotees, WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham? 

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Almost like the Premier League is becoming a closed shop now making it very difficult for non-recent Championship clubs to get to the promised land. 

Next seasons promotees, WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham? 

It's nothing new.  Parachute payments have been around for 15 years.  It stops relegated clubs with players on PL contracts going bust but also gives them an unfair advantage.