Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

17 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Jonson Clarke-Harris scoring for fun at Peterborough, them and Brentford seen to find a few strikers

He's been linked with us (Celtic) and the walking dead the past couple of weeks.

I'm sure Peterborough can't wait to do business with us again after the Toney fiasco last summer.

20 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Have you watched a lot of Clarke-Harris, then?

Yeah. Live in Bristol and he was at the Gas for a couple of seasons. When I can’t watch us or get to games I’ll watch them. We’ve been playing a lot on sundays etc lately which has allowed me to watch rovers on ifollow during covid

Edited by TJB-fox

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Yeah. Live in Bristol and he was at the Gas for a couple of seasons. When I can’t watch us or get to games I’ll watch them. We’ve been playing a lot on sundays etc lately which has allowed me to watch rovers on ifollow during covid

Thanks for that. You're in a better position to judge than anyone else on here, I guess.

Shame if he's not up to the level as he'd be so much cheaper than Toney, a comparative bargain.

• Thanks 1

Unrealistic summer wishlist:

Incoming

Trincao £25 million

Daka £25 million

Gosens £25 million

Madueke £20 million

Total £95 million

Outgoing

Choudhury £10 million

Ghezzal £5 million

Expenditure 

£80 million (lol)

Striker: Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka,

Left Wing: Barnes, Daka, Albrighton

Right Wing: Trincao, Madueke, Albrighton

No. 10: Maddison, Perez, Madueke

CM: Tielemans, Praet, Dewsbury-Hall

DM: Ndidi, Mendy, 

LB: Gosens, Thomas

RB: Castagne, Ricardo

CB: Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Amartey, Benkovic

GK: Schmeichel, Ward

Depth in every position, and more importantly, flexible, hardworking players across the field who can cover a number of positions: Albrighton, Daka, Madueke, Amartey, Castagne, Perez. It would have to be a seriously unlucky injury crisis to derail us next season with a squad like that. To make it more realistic, remove Daka, who I like very much but probably is the least realistic target. That brings us to a net £55 million expenditure, which is certainly plausible, although LW and striker become more tenuous positions in terms of squad depth.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Incoming

Trincao £25 million

Daka £25 million

Gosens £25 million

Madueke £20 million

Total £95 million

Outgoing

Choudhury £10 million

Ghezzal £5 million

Expenditure 

£80 million (lol)

Depth in every position, and more importantly, flexible, hardworking players across the field who can cover a number of positions: Albrighton, Daka, Madueke, Amartey, Castagne, Perez. It would have to be a seriously unlucky injury crisis to derail us next season with a squad like that. To make it more realistic, remove Daka, who I like very much but probably is the least realistic target. That brings us to a net £55 million expenditure, which is certainly plausible, although LW and striker become more tenuous positions in terms of squad depth.

Better organise a flag day, King Power are down 100s millions because of the pandemic. If we make C.L. it will be 30 to 40 million max. Unless of course somebody is going we know nothing about.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Better organise a flag day, King Power are down 100s millions because of the pandemic. If we make C.L. it will be 30 to 40 million max. Unless of course somebody is going we know nothing about.

Hence why I said unrealistic and (lol)

26 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hence why I said unrealistic and (lol)

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Incoming

Trincao £25 million

Daka £25 million

Gosens £25 million

Madueke £20 million

Total £95 million

Outgoing

Choudhury £10 million

Ghezzal £5 million

Expenditure 

£80 million (lol)

Great post - enjoyed that. What I would say with that though is the Madueke signing seems a bit luxury to have as a back up to RW and at 10 when we really need a Tielemans and Ndidi reservists maybe more? As it’s a wish list, maybe we should just pencil one of those in each as well!

If we could field a depth like that we could make a real dent in all competitions.

👍🏽

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I think whoever we sign for RW will be a left footed player thst plays as much out wide as they do centrally. Faivre, Blas, Olise and Madueke all tick those boxes. 

Dunno why there hasn't been a move made for Olise already in all honesty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think whoever we sign for RW will be a left footed player thst plays as much out wide as they do centrally. Faivre, Blas, Olise and Madueke all tick those boxes. 

Have you heard about the Toulouse winger? Amine Aldi? Been watching him and I’m getting raphinia vibes. 

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Have you heard about the Toulouse winger? Amine Aldi? Been watching him and I’m getting raphinia vibes. 

Oh yes, we were linked last a few weeks ago and I started researching him. Looks pure sauce, he's moved in to my top 5 targets. Only thing I would worry about is whether he has the defensive contribution that Rodgers craves.

27 minutes ago, Nick said:

Great post - enjoyed that. What I would say with that though is the Madueke signing seems a bit luxury to have as a back up to RW and at 10 when we really need a Tielemans and Ndidi reservists maybe more? As it’s a wish list, maybe we should just pencil one of those in each as well!

If we could field a depth like that we could make a real dent in all competitions.

👍🏽

You're right about Ndidi, but I'm very interested to see how Dewsbury-Hall does next season, I think he could be that guy.

Interesting point above about 'someone going we know nothing about', i'd say we're very lucky if we lost no one this summer, given how great we've been again this season.

If I think back to Chilly last year, got an injury that had no timescale on it and we never saw him again.

Same has happened to Barnes... Obviously not saying it's likely, but it's not unheard of that players sit out the end of the season to protect them ahead of a big money move. 

The other likely one, given the players we are looking to sign, is Ricky P... I guess it depends how much Barca need him and whether we get Trincao in return.

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Interesting point above about 'someone going we know nothing about', i'd say we're very lucky if we lost no one this summer, given how great we've been again this season.

If I think back to Chilly last year, got an injury that had no timescale on it and we never saw him again.

Same has happened to Barnes... Obviously not saying it's likely, but it's not unheard of that players sit out the end of the season to protect them ahead of a big money move. 

The other likely one, given the players we are looking to sign, is Ricky P... I guess it depends how much Barca need him and whether we get Trincao in return.

No ****ing way.

You honestly reckon we've sat Barnes out to protect him from a move when his prescence in the team might help us secure champions league which could make us 70m????

Chilly also arrived at Chelsea injured and missed most of pre season. People read too much into the selling of our players, we don't proactively try and sell our better players whatever anyone thinks.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 3

The only potential sale would be Soyuncu if he tells us he's not signing a new deal. Nobody will touch Ricardo yet and I suppose Youri could refuse a new deal but I believe that has been agreed in principle. 

No other team has the funds available in a priority position for our other players.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That’s insane

23 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No ****ing way.

You honestly reckon we've sat Barnes out to protect him from a move when his prescence in the team might help us secure champions league which could make us 70m????

Chilly also arrived at Chelsea injured and missed most of pre season. People read too much into the selling of our players, we don't proactively try and sell our better players whatever anyone thinks.

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

That’s insane

Was just offering up a talking point guys lol calm down.

I did say 'not saying this is likely'

I do think someone we're not expecting to will leave this summer though.

56 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Dunno why there hasn't been a move made for Olise already in all honesty.

...it is a position that we give a cursory glance to!!!

We just do not give it the attention in needs and it is a crucial part of our setup and we seem to just patch up a hole  as opposed to getting it right.

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm fascinated by this summer - on the face of it, we have no money. But we definitely want to keep Rodgers and a big part of that will be investing in the squad to take us to the next level so will be interested to see what we do.

Now the training ground is out the way and some big wages out the squad maybe that alone has created funds.

• Like 2

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm fascinated by this summer - on the face of it, we have no money. But we definitely want to keep Rodgers and a big part of that will be investing in the squad to take us to the next level so will be interested to see what we do.

Now the training ground is out the way and some big wages out the squad maybe that alone has created funds.

For sure, and obviously it's all down to what happens in our next 5 games.

A 3rd place finish and FA Cup winners makes us A) More attractive and B) More wealthy. 

Gossens for example seems to be waiting to see if we get CL quali.

I think as there hasn't been much movement on the expansion/redevelopment plans at the ground, we might be forgoing those costs for a season or two and re-allocating to the first team squad.

Like you say, fascinating!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

For sure, and obviously it's all down to what happens in our next 5 games.

A 3rd place finish and FA Cup winners makes us A) More attractive and B) More wealthy. 

Gossens for example seems to be waiting to see if we get CL quali.

I think as there hasn't been much movement on the expansion/redevelopment plans at the ground, we might be forgoing those costs for a season or two and re-allocating to the first team squad.

Like you say, fascinating!

This is where i think it is fascinating and only time will tell I guess.

From the clubs perspective it doesn't sound like it depends on where we finish given they're trying to sort stuff now - it'll matter for players for sure, like gosens.

Maybe 2 consecutive top 6 finishes really pushes up the financial stakes and we haven't seen that yet.

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah, I know! lol I mean maybe if we were 12th and had nothing to play for and were in financial ruin and needed the sale it would make sense but I just don’t see it! Tbh champions league is worth £40-50m? So isn’t that pretty much the equivalent of a sale anyway :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is where i think it is fascinating and only time will tell I guess.

From the clubs perspective it doesn't sound like it depends on where we finish given they're trying to sort stuff now - it'll matter for players for sure, like gosens.

Maybe 2 consecutive top 6 finishes really pushes up the financial stakes and we haven't seen that yet.

I don't think we'll ever know what goes on financially with clubs really.

I've often thought that surely they invest the massive sums they make to get even better returns, so for example whatever we have been 'banking' for the last few seasons might be worth considerably more now.

Similarly we clearly have quite creative accounting processes given the link up with Macquarie on loans/advances.

I think it'll be a really enjoyable window and also at the start of next season we will also likely have our first choice XI (minus JJ) available for the first time in over a year lol 

• Like 1