Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

You’re taking the point too literally. 

I’m just saying that they have to play every game as in: if you’re picking your strongest 11, there’s no doubt they both get in it and play majority of games apart from injury/fitness/suspension issues, but you’re not going to leave Evans out either. 

.....just answering your question!!!

It could be said that our best performances came with a team without what you would call our best eleven. You  need to see, sometimes just putting these players (best eleven) together may not be the best choice in respect of balance.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not really, when we had Mahrez you would have said play him every week, but sometimes he was out of the side for certain games due to rotation, same applies to Fofana and Cags. 

That was the point I was making. 

....I am sure that was what I said in my previous post!!!

All I said was that we are going to be rotating our squad, you were saying we need to play Vardy and Nacho every game with Caglar, Fofana and Evans included.

Not sure I can recall Mahrez being rotated, unless it was around his airport phase.

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

Ivan Toney worth a look, 30 goals so far

If you were Brentford would you sell your top striker if they get promoted. If they don't they will stilI be wary having sold Benhrama and Watkins.I still think Edouard is our best bet and if we are quick and determined we can do this.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If you were Norwich ,would you sell your top striker having just been promoted. I still think Edouard is our best bet and if we are quick and determined we can do this.

Not sure about Norwich but I reckon Brentford might, they might not even get promoted!

53 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Jonson Clarke-Harris. 31 goals for Peterborough. 6ft. 26. Born in Leicester.

Similar route to Toney, if I'm not mistaken.  Peterborough seem to have a penchant for picking out good young forwards (unlike ourselves).  Except that on looking more closely at his stats I see that he's not so young but, interestingly, about the same age as Vardy when he signed for us and with a similarly hard route up from non/lower-league football.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather go for Clarke-Harris than Toney. Both the same age aren't they and one will cost 3-4 times as much as the other. That said, I'd go near either of them.

Can't work out if you wouldn't go for either, or you would have either...

• Haha 1

Basing this on 70 minutes of the Old Firm derby but I'm not sold on Edouard. His technique looks questionable to me.

Oh, and if we were ever seriously considering Kristoffer Ajer, I'm very much hoping we're not now. He looks shite.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Jonson Clarke-Harris. 31 goals for Peterborough. 6ft. 26. Born in Leicester.

We're not signing a near 27 year old league one player.

51 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Ben Osborn from Sheffield United. Endless energy, presses well, technically very good, natural left footer, loves a tackle, think he would be a great option to add a bit of depth to our squad.

Haven't you just described Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall?

3 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Ben Osborn from Sheffield United. Endless energy, presses well, technically very good, natural left footer, loves a tackle, think he would be a great option to add a bit of depth to our squad.

No thanks.

My ex was a Forest fan and I went to watch them with her a few times (don't judge me). I quite enjoyed how dismal they were lol

But Osborn was genuinely one of their worst players. Even Forest supporters knew it and would boo him.

I'll never know how he got a move to the Premier League.

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2021 at 17:46, pmcla26 said:

I think us targeting Gosens suggests that the formations here to stay.

Furthermore, if you wanna keep Cags and Fofana around then they both have to play every game, but Evans is still the main man, so where does that leave us?

Not convinced about that. Earlier in the season we played two attacking full backs in a back 4

Definitely need more attacking options and better balance in those positions. If you look at our attacking options of Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, Maddison, that’s 6 players for 4 positions if we play the 3 behind the 1 striker. We are going to be playing another 50+ games and we don’t really want to be in a position where we have to change formations because we have ran out of wingers or relying on Perez as a false 9.

To give us proper balance and options think we need a right sided left footer (Trincao), a new striker (Edouard) and someone who can play on the left and centrally to challenge Barnes and Maddison, someone like Cantwell or maybe a cheaper foreign option. 

Sell Perez

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

Definitely need more attacking options and better balance in those positions. If you look at our attacking options of Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, Maddison, that’s 6 players for 4 positions if we play the 3 behind the 1 striker. We are going to be playing another 50+ games and we don’t really want to be in a position where we have to change formations because we have ran out of wingers or relying on Perez as a false 9.

To give us proper balance and options think we need a right sided left footer (Trincao), a new striker (Edouard) and someone who can play on the left and centrally to challenge Barnes and Maddison, someone like Cantwell or maybe a cheaper foreign option. 

Sell Perez

Think Sowah can be that option for us. Left footed, can play on the right, left or through the middle and won’t cost us anything perfect squad player option.