Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

10 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Someone we were linked to heavily a couple of years ago was Brais Mendez at Celta Vigo. By all accounts had another decent season in La Liga. With our record of tracking players over a few years, wouldn’t be surprised if were still interested 

Don't like to look in rear view mirror too much, can see Dani Olmo and its make me cry a little

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Some say that his penalty attempt in the Euro’s was aimed at Rudkin’s office window, with a note attached to it saying “I wish I’d come to Leicester :(“ 

That could have been so so sweet if he had 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

#FreeDani #ComeHomeSweetPrince

Just imagining him and Maddison dancing so elegantly across the hallowed turf at the KP :wub:

Shame that James Maddison had to leave to pay for him  :fishing:

I still want this guy, he seems perfect for us (Note comparisons to Berardi in the vid...)

Posted it before, but I don't care, he is tailor made for us

• Like 2

I would like to see us get on with getting rid of some of our dead wood . We we started move 4-5 players on maybe we could get a CB and a RW , we have done well but it is starting to drag on now , while other teams keep signing players .

20 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I would like to see us get on with getting rid of some of our dead wood . We we started move 4-5 players on maybe we could get a CB and a RW , we have done well but it is starting to drag on now , while other teams keep signing players .

Not many takers for dead wood at the moment. We will have to sell an asset to generate funds and as the season starts in a fortnight that might prove difficult.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

@kingfox :ph34r:

After the news about Evans yesterday, I would happily take him for a year

You’ve changed your bloody tune, good to see you’ve stopped being deluded though :thumbup:

1 hour ago, stu said:

@kingfox or Cahill?

Tissues & Lube are on hand just in case, don’t you worry :thumbup:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Just a few thoughts on promising players I saw at the CONCACAF Gold Cup. I know most folks in the UK don't care about CONCACAF, and the gold cup happens in the middle of the night. But that said, there are good players in the confederation, and it's a very good place to find talent at a discounted price (as compared to Europe / South America). If Leicester has interest in uncovering the next Pulisic, Alfonso Davies, Chuky Lozano, etc. these are the players they should be looking at IMO: 

1) Tajon Buchanon (Canada) - He's a 22 years old right winger for the New England Revolution in MLS. He has electric pace and was a big problem for every team he played against. He's not just a speed merchant, but it's absolutely his best attribute. He's off to a hot start this season in the MLS - 3 goals in 12 starts, and he had a good tournament with Canada. He's been linked to some clubs in Ligue 1, the Bundesliga, and the Belgian premier league. He could probably be had for cheap in relative terms, as MLS players generally go for like 3.5 - 11m quid. He'd probably be a good bench option, but more than likely he would need a year or so in the championship.

2) Matt Turner (United States) - Goalkeeper is not really a position of need, so maybe he's just one to keep an eye on for the future. He's still young in goalkeeper terms (27), and I think he'd be a good option on the sad, sad day Kasper Schmeichel retires.  I'm sure i'll get slated for this opinion, but I think he's better than Danny Ward. I don't think it's particularly close. I know Ward was good at the Euros and Wales made it out of the group stage, etc, but Matt Turner has elite shot stopping capabilities. Elite might be underselling it. The only keeper that may be better in that regard is the Dane himself.

Turner only allowed one goal in the tournament in the CONCACAF Gold Cup cup (from the penalty spot). He made the most saves of any keeper at the tournament by a wide margin, many of which were at full stretch, and he stopped 2 out of 3 of the penalties the US conceded. I don't know the advanced stats, but in the Qatar/Mexico games in the Semifinal / Final, he probably prevented 2-3 sure goals. He's the biggest reason why they won the tournament. 

He's probably going to beat out Zach Steffen (Man City's backup) for the #1 spot for the USMNT. At club level (also for New England Revolution) he's been widely known as the best keeper in MLS for a number of years. Like Kasper, his only downside is that he's not the best with the ball playing out of the back. 

He does have a Lithuanian passport, so he would have no problem getting a work permit. He also has expressed interest in eventually playing abroad, but there has not been many teams in for him in the transfer market. That will probably not be the case when he bursts out on the scene at the 22' WC. When you see him save a pen from Ronaldo as the US beats Portugal in the round of 16, you can tell your mates at the bar "Matt Turner, always rated him." lol

3) Matthew Hoppe (United States) - He's a young striker (20 years old) that was relegated with Schalke last year. At club level he played mostly in a two man striker pairing, but at international level he played as a left winger (in a 4-3-3). His best attributes remind me of Vardy's. He's fast, he has a crazy work rate, he loves to press, and he has a swagger that is borderline arrogant. He was consistently the best attacker on the field for the US. He's been linked to a number of clubs including Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal. I don't know where he would fit in the current Leicester side, but has the attitude that would make you want to put him in the starting XI somewhere. 

Honorable Mentions - Miles Robinson (United States / Atlanta United) - 24 year old centerback. He was incredible against Mexico, and hardly put a foot wrong in the tournament. He's likely going to work his way up the depth chart with the USMNT. He's more of a defense first CB, which would be nice in a pair with a guy like Fofana or Soyuncu.

Alberth Ellis (Honduras - Boavista) - 25 year old winger/striker. He broke his toe in the tournament, which was unfortunate for Honduras. He was easily their most problematic player to defend. Against the US in both the Gold Cup and Nation's League, he just was everywhere on the pitch. You couldn't go more than 2 minutes without hearing his name. Attacking on the counter, pressing defenders, winning challenges, etc. He's probably not premier league quality, but he was great for Houston Dynamo in the MLS, and he's been solid with Bovista in the Portuguese Liga. 

We've looked at Hoppe before and moved on.

Liverpool have put a £12m price on Shaqiri. Kabak available for around £10m. Cahill on a free. None would be our first choice targets but could be decent additions meaning we wouldn't need to sell Maddison. 

• Like 3