Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

43 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

This chap can play anywhere behind the front three, 20 years old and looks to me to have the ability already. His price is yet unknown could be £5m as rumoured or could be £15m 😂

Good player. Would love him here as back up to Barnes, suppose he could play on the right too.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

This chap can play anywhere behind the front three, 20 years old and looks to me to have the ability already. His price is yet unknown could be £5m as rumoured or could be £15m 😂

Good pedigree at Notts, worked under Appleton last season, and has great initials too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It'll be at least 12m.

...there were some soft penalties given there...oh dear!!!

He has some talent but there were so many times just laying the ball off would have been the better option but he chose to shoot. You do not have to be banging in goals to be a good footballer, an awareness on the pitch and the intelligence when to release that pass is an even bigger asset. The only problem is, you are judged by statistics, which does not always tell the full story.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there were some soft penalties given there...oh dear!!!

He has some talent but there were so many times just laying the ball off would have been the better option but he chose to shoot. You do not have to be banging in goals to be a good footballer, an awareness on the pitch and the intelligence when to release that pass is an even bigger asset. The only problem is, you are judged by statistics, which does not always tell the full story.

He’s 20 years old not the finished product. You’re a bit of a negative nelly 

• Haha 1

We are desperately crying out for an experienced centre half who knows the PL. 

Without Jonny Evans, I have no faith whatsoever in a Soyuncu-Fofana partnership. Together they look more like Jeff Bruma and Sol Bamba under Sven rather than two top PL centre halves. I think this could be our biggest downfall, particularly if we have to rely on Amartey or Benkovic as back ups. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

We are desperately crying out for an experienced centre half who knows the PL. 

Without Jonny Evans, I have no faith whatsoever in a Soyuncu-Fofana partnership. Together they look more like Jeff Bruma and Sol Bamba under Sven rather than two top PL centre halves. I think this could be our biggest downfall, particularly if we have to rely on Amartey or Benkovic as back ups. 

Would like to see Cags score from almost the half way line against Watford

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just watched him on YouTube!!!

He spent so much time chasing the ball!!!

Every time he got near the box the video  switches to another move, the reason is nothing happens from the service he supplies.

There were a few situations to play the through ball and he did not see it. Went he did lay it off, it was a nothing ball either played behind or slowed the attack down. 

Push and run can be a weapon and he is quick, but it is very predictable. 

Yes i agree with some of those points in fairness, but he has natural flair and aggression let alone willingness to get into tight areas and put defenders in trouble.

If he was under Brendan’s guidance i think he could nurture him into a clever dangerous player relatively quickly. 

Also, playing for rennes he would be quite cheap in comparison to others.

We look to be building a team for the future and i think he is an exciting player.

One to watch for sure…

I know we all want a RW , but I think we need a CB before a RW , last year this cost us a top 4 spot , if evans could play every game then we would be sweet but we all know this is not going to happen, we need a experienced player to fill the void 

42 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I know we all want a RW , but I think we need a CB before a RW , last year this cost us a top 4 spot , if evans could play every game then we would be sweet but we all know this is not going to happen, we need a experienced player to fill the void 

The way I see it: if Evans gets injured, we might be in trouble. If all our current right wingers stay fit for the entire season, we're definitely still in trouble. Hence winger is the priority.

8 hours ago, Bptiger said:

A 4th choice CB or a 1st choice winger? 

9 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

1st choice right winger, if Benko stays fit he can easily cover that 4th choice centre half position 

Definitely RW (Or another attacking wide player...) as Benko can cover, and for a first outing, Ben Nelson looked assurred, 

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I really don’t get why no one has bought Abdallah Sima? Can’t imagine realistically he’d be more than £20m and has already proven himself in the Europa league 

Because after Christmas, he barely scored. His goal against us in February, he didn’t score again until the Czech Cup Final in May 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I really don’t get why no one has bought Abdallah Sima? Can’t imagine realistically he’d be more than £20m and has already proven himself in the Europa league 

*sniff* Right footed right winger *eeeww*

Get with the programme

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

So the guardian say that Albrighton is getting old and Perez is s*** so he is the answer .... I've never heard of him, is he any good?

yeah think he is good, he hasn't been that good this season but if he could get back to it, would be great. doubt it would happen though nor would it be as cheap as they are suggesting. he has 35 caps for Germany, so no slouch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So the guardian say that Albrighton is getting old and Perez is s*** so he is the answer .... I've never heard of him, is he any good?

He looks pretty good and can play anywhere across the front three. He played up top with Jaden Sancho and Haaland and is available on the cheap as at tail end of his contract. Looks good from the sole highlight video I've seen,

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 1