Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

Was just listening to a podcast on our win and one of the hosts said that having spoken to Tuchel a few times, Abrahams does not fit into his team. I imagine that means Abrahams will definitely be available this summer then. I don't think anyone will be willing to pay over £30million for him. I still think he is a decent option for most Premier League teams, ourselves included 

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Was just listening to a podcast on our win and one of the hosts said that having spoken to Tuchel a few times, Abrahams does not fit into his team. I imagine that means Abrahams will definitely be available this summer then. I don't think anyone will be willing to pay over £30million for him. I still think he is a decent option for most Premier League teams, ourselves included 

I think its evident we will sign Edouard this summer. 

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Yep, he told me he was coming when I PM'd him on PSN, so it's a given tbh. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think Edouard is a done deal since him and Brendan met in a service station for a chat. Especially for the price.

I also think Abrahams would also be a great choice even for 30 million.

Whichever it is we are going to be really exciting next season. We're adding so much pace as well as ability.

29 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

25 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Sounds believable untill you said PSN, he plays xbox. 

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes my mistake he's with West Ham now but is that not just a loan.?  I don't know so not likely

either way not likely to be available.

Yes he would be perfect as squad replacement and provide cover. I was thinking we could pick him up cheaply and he could be another Evans.  I thought he was with West Brom and would be available cheap.

Loan was made permanent last month, £2m

https://talksport.com/football/efl/860757/west-ham-permanent-signing-craig-dawson-watford-champions-league/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tony1784 said:

Not seen a link but Daniel James odds have dramatically shortened to join us. Now 4/6

A young fixer upper, fast attacker, why not if the price is right?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LVocey said:

I’d imagine if Bournemouth don’t go up they would need to sell one or two.

David Brooks would fit the player profile we usually go for, good on the ball and can play RW or AM.

Aren’t we linked with Brooks every window? He’s obvs a good player, but can’t we do a bit better. Harvey Elliott could be a better player, and he seems like a bit of a twat which is always fun. 

1 minute ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Aren’t we linked with Brooks every window? He’s obvs a good player, but can’t we do a bit better. Harvey Elliott could be a better player, and he seems like a bit of a twat which is always fun. 

I imagine we could only get him on loan with how much Liverpool like him, don’t really want to be developing other teams players for them now

20 hours ago, STUHILL said:

EDIT :  Just seen he is on loan from Watford with contract until 2023. He will stay and start each week for them 

West Ham have signed him on a permanent which goes through at the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Gosens 30 million

Madueke 20 million

Soumaré 20 million

Edouard 15 million

It’s clear that Rodgers favours 3 centre backs so we need to sign another, Tarkowski being the obvious choice if the price is right. That would probably mean sacrificing one of Gosens or Madueke I guess. 

20 minutes ago, Salieri said:

It’s clear that Rodgers favours 3 centre backs so we need to sign another, Tarkowski being the obvious choice if the price is right. That would probably mean sacrificing one of Gosens or Madueke I guess. 

Castagne and Justin have shown that they're more than capable filling in, plus Benkovic is returning (yes he's had a couple of awful years but he was the best centre back in the league in the SPL, he potentially could return to a good level with careful management from Rodgers). To be honest I wouldn't say Rodgers necessarily favours three at the back, but without Barnes he definitely seems to see it as the most productive system in his arsenal. 

6 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Stories today are that Kane wants to leave to achieve silverware, personally wouldn’t take him.

If we had 135 million lying around and 300 bags a week to give him I wouldn’t turn my nose up but I get your point!

Assuming Soumare and Edouard happen, I think a lot would depend on whether our first choice formation will be 4-1-4-1 or 3-5-2 as to where money gets spent.

If 3-5-2: Tarkowski, Gosens, plus a potential loan deal for a winger/wide forward for flexibility

If 4-1-4-1: Tarkowski, Bertrand (if club do want an extra left back), Trincao

Think we'll likely be in for Tarkowski again given his contract expires next summer, not to mention Evans age and potentially worsening fitness issues. That'd be my next priority, especially if fee is reasonable (£15-20m maybe)

Edited by martyn