Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

8 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Honestly after watching this YouTube video wouldnt mind Erling Haaland lol.

Never heard of him. Maybe other clubs are interested but we’d surely get him for £25 million and 80 bags a week, right? He’s just a white guy from somewhere cold.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Been some promising names linked early doors.

I'd like us to look at someone like Tarkowski if he's available for a good price. We have obviously been linked loads of times before and I think he's running towards the end of his contract so might be available for a good price. I think he and Evans have a lot in common and a four of Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu and Tarkowski is great depth.

Obviously in dream land but i'd love the following;

Tarkowski - £15m.

Gosens - £25m.

Edouard - £20m.

Soumare - £25m.

M. Pereira - £25m.

That's added strength and depth to our five weakest positions. 

Would be happy to see the likes of Hamza, Perez, Amartey and Ghezzal sold to raise about 35m to cover some of the costs but I think this has to be a summer where we keep all of our players and invest. Strike while the iron is hot etc. Build on what we have which I think we didn't do when we won the league.

This would be my dream list too. 

Have an inkling we’re going to move for Bertrand. Played under Brendan before, need cover in the LB area whilst Justin is injured and he’s on a free. I can see the upsides, even if I’m not for it.

15 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Going to Leipzig, a done deal by all accounts.

Leipzig's new coach is Jesse Marsch, who was Daka's coach at Salzburg where he currently plays. Plus both are Red Bull clubs too, and these type of deals happen all the time between the two clubs.

But no doubt Daka moves on again in 3-5 years again if he proves to be able to do it in the Bundesliga. He looks a very good player, not Haaland levels, but think he will be a 20 goal a season striker after a few seasons in the Bundesliga.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 13:34, Dusty said:

Have an inkling we’re going to move for Bertrand. Played under Brendan before, need cover in the LB area whilst Justin is injured and he’s on a free. I can see the upsides, even if I’m not for it.

5 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Ryan Bertrand, baby, come to me. We will look after you X

Yes baby! 

I think there are 5 positions that we really need to sign, and it sounds like the club are pretty on that:

LB - Gosens

CB - Older experienced player to rotate in, feel Soyuncu benefits from having experience alongside him

CM - Soumare

Winger - Pereira

Striker - Edouard

If we can do some deals to fill those positions, I would be extremely happy.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I think there are 5 positions that we really need to sign, and it sounds like the club are pretty on that:

LB - Gosens

CB - Older experienced player to rotate in, feel Soyuncu benefits from having experience alongside him

CM - Soumare

Winger - Pereira

Striker - Edouard

I think something like that is the dream window and it would be great. 

Reality I think though will be that 1 or 2 of those positions left unfilled, by the kind of player who would cost what the above would anyway.

Champions league is a great shot in the arm financially but it's only £30m guaranteed, at the point of th summer window anyway. That's basically paying the biggest majority of Soumare or Gosens.

Add in the backdrop of covid and everything else and it's perhaps not even an uplift of £30m overall.

Realise I'm sounding like a prophet of doom here but I just think expectations should be tempered a tad in terms of net spend this summer.

If a big sale happens mind you that would change things of course.

2 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

LB - Gosens

CM - Soumare

Winger - Pereira

Striker - Edouard

Love Pereira, but i'll honestly be surprised to see us in for a winger this summer. Think 5-3-2 will be the main formation next season, and even when it isn't he will see Ricardo/Perez/Albrighton as good enough options for RW.

Gosens & Soumare seem to have real traction, and a striker seems obvious. Centre back probably revolves around who is available, if there isn't a good looking deal we might see Josh Knight get some use.

7 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Love Pereira, but i'll honestly be surprised to see us in for a winger this summer. Think 5-3-2 will be the main formation next season, and even when it isn't he will see Ricardo/Perez/Albrighton as good enough options for RW.

Gosens & Soumare seem to have real traction, and a striker seems obvious. Centre back probably revolves around who is available, if there isn't a good looking deal we might see Josh Knight get some use.

Albrighton - 1 goal / 8 assists

Perez - 10 goals / 5 assists

Ricardo - Is a right back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are stats from 19/20 & 20/21 so stats playing for a top 6 side. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! The reason we are playing 3-5-2 is because Barnes is our only competent winger.

• Like 3

I swear the transfer section should be closed until we know what competitions we are in next year. You guys are filling my head with all these exciting names and if we miss CL we are going to be stuck with Bertrand and Townsend. 

• Sad 1