Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

2 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

After Friday's fiasco we obviously need an experienced central defender who can 'do a job' for us and is also a leader on the pitch. We have two really good young centre half who need someone to organise them. I don't own FM, etc. so don't have any names to suggest. :)

Romain saiss. Out of contract 

• Like 1

A lot of people have been asking about Karamoko Dembele and he's been tenuously linked with Leicester and a bunch of other clubs this summer. However word on the street is we actually have an extra year's option on him that we've now activated so he's allegedly now under contract until 2022.

If true huge season for him next year seeing if he can make the jump to men's football under a new manager. We are crying out for some genuine width so the opportunity is there for him.

25 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

A lot of people have been asking about Karamoko Dembele and he's been tenuously linked with Leicester and a bunch of other clubs this summer. However word on the street is we actually have an extra year's option on him that we've now activated so he's allegedly now under contract until 2022.

If true huge season for him next year seeing if he can make the jump to men's football under a new manager. We are crying out for some genuine width so the opportunity is there for him.

I imagine probably be a fair amount of rumours this summer about him leaving still, at least the option means Celtic would be able to get a bit money for him

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine probably be a fair amount of rumours this summer about him leaving still, at least the option means Celtic would be able to get a bit money for him

Yeah I'd be surprised if anyone paid the amount of money to make it worth our while though.

14 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

After Friday's fiasco we obviously need an experienced central defender who can 'do a job' for us and is also a leader on the pitch. We have two really good young centre half who need someone to organise them. I don't own FM, etc. so don't have any names to suggest. :)

If Rodgers intends to stick with a back 3 next season then this type of player is absolutely essential. People will moan about it going against our usual type of signings and lack of resale value etc but you absolutely need experience in central defence. Its far more valuable than the fanciful idea of having a young pairing who 'can be a partnership for the next 10 years' or whatever.

13 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

More on pitch leaders I guess...

...not going to happen with this bunch!!!

As you saw on Friday, they all folded and went down like bowling pins, you would have thought someone on the pitch could have  dragged them together to play like a team. Any leadership will have to come from outside, Soumare does not have to be the voice on the pitch but his game will drive the rest and stop the standards from falling.

7 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

....a bit of bad news for us!!!

Is this option to get a decent fee as opposed to him going for a fee. I would be surprised if he chose to stay, as I am sure there are options out there for him to take up. Would have loved Rodgers to have taken a punt and keep him within the first team squad. As you said, this will be a big season for him next season and we will know if we have a player. This could possibly comeback to cost us in the long run, sometime you just have to take a chance. 

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....a bit of bad news for us!!!

Is this option to get a decent fee as opposed to him going for a fee. I would be surprised if he chose to stay, as I am sure there are options out there for him to take up. Would have loved Rodgers to have taken a punt and keep him within the first team squad. As you said, this will be a big season for him next season and we will know if we have a player. This could possibly comeback to cost us in the long run, sometime you just have to take a chance. 

In all honesty he's millions of miles away from being a first team squad member at somewhere like Leiceser, based on when he has played in the last 12 months he doesn't even look ready to be a fixture in our first team squad.

All depends on what the new manager (seems it's Howe) thinks of him and whether he uses him, if he does then the situation could change but it's really down to Karamoko now, he needs to make that jump and prove he's good enough for first team football.

14 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

In all honesty he's millions of miles away from being a first team squad member at somewhere like Leiceser, based on when he has played in the last 12 months he doesn't even look ready to be a fixture in our first team squad.

All depends on what the new manager (seems it's Howe) thinks of him and whether he uses him, if he does then the situation could change but it's really down to Karamoko now, he needs to make that jump and prove he's good enough for first team football.

...no pun intended, but how do you feel about Howe being in your hotseat!!!

He has had success for sometime and his style of play is not negative. 

It will be strange to see two English managers in charge of the two biggest clubs in Scotland when previously apart from whiskey football managers were your greatest export.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no pun intended, but how do you feel about Howe being in your hotseat!!!

He has had success for sometime and his style of play is not negative. 

It will be strange to see two English managers in charge of the two biggest clubs in Scotland when previously apart from whiskey football managers were your greatest export.

haha yeah it's changed days indeed, it wasn't so long ago that the EPL was chalk full of Scottish managers.

Yeah I'm pretty pleased about Howe in all honesty, of all the people linked that were attainable I think he was by far the bes candidate and like you say I'm hoping we are good to watch under him.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
4 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

haha yeah it's changed days indeed, it wasn't so long ago that the EPL was chalk full of Scottish managers.

Yeah I'm pretty pleased about Howe in all honesty, of all the people linked that were attainable I think he was by far the bes candidate and like you say I'm hoping we are good to watch under him.

Honestly think Howe is a good sign for the club in general. He wouldn't go there if he didn't feel he could succeed. Sure that Rodgers has talked to him about all the pros and cons. Bottom line for me is recruitment needs to be sorted and rebuilding started. Happy days if Celtic can get back on track in a similar way to here. Top to bottom. Patience.

Edited by SO1

Soumare, Toney, Tarkowski and Trincao would be lovely. Goesens too but doubt we’ll be able to afford everyone. 

Sell Choudhury, Ghezzal, Amartey, Thomas (loan), Perez, Hirst, Benkovic & James 

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Got Brighton through him like a stick of rock and why not its a fun town - apparently.

If we got CL surely he'd be tempted, looks one of the best CB's in the league. I know they've made him captain to keep him there but he would be incredible with fofana and evans. I've never been hugely convinced with cags tbh

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Did Rodgers not try and get him in his first summer transfer window and got quoted something mental like £40m or something?

Think it was more that that, £45m or even £50m.

It's pointless for us to make hostile bids for PL players, much better value elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2