Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

He’ll be too expensive now, as the tournament has highlighted how good he is. We’ve been linked with him before and the jury has been out as it’s hard to gauge Serie A. Players like Smalling and Young who were shipped out here have brilliant over there, suggesting a weaker league, though teams like Atalanta show their league can be just as helter-skelter as ours. 

This tournament for me has really made me rate 4 Italian players a lot more highly now; Locatelli (the best overall player so far IMO), Barella, Spinazola and Berradi. Berradi based on what I’ve seen so far would be a great signing for us as he’s taken his club form into a major tournament. 

But as I say, he’ll be too expensive now. If any of the Italian players I mentioned do move, it will be either to the biggest clubs in Serie A or around Europe. They’ve well and truly put themselves in the shop window!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-transfers-berardi-liverpool-tottenham-5572712

'Cannot promise' - Leicester City given transfer boost amid link to Italy Euro 2020 star

The Foxes, Liverpool and Tottenham are said to be interested in Berardi, who impressed for Sassuolo in Serie A last season

Edited by merlin1969

On 19/06/2021 at 13:13, Manini said:

If we sign him, Daka, Gosens and Soumare we’ll win the ****ing lot, including the World Cup. 

That honour is reserved for West Ham only.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

If we sign Beradi, Gozens, Daka, Soumere and keep hold of Tilemans we’ve won the premier league, europa league, and fa cup!!! 

We've won the premier league and FA cup even if we don't sign them. Don't think they can strip us off the titles just because we don't sign four specific players and keep another?

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

This would be a similar coup to Daka tbh, will be very difficult to pull off, and I’m not convinced we can afford it... 

But he is a perfect for us, would be a brilliant addition.

Berardi is a different class of player to Daka and would cost at least 40 million and he doesn't want to leave Italy. Forget it.

If we shift Hamza, Ghezzal and Ward, we might be able to afford his left leg.    Surely we cannot afford this without significant sales? 

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Berardi is a different class of player to Daka and would cost at least 40 million and he doesn't want to leave Italy. Forget it.

I have seen the reports, €40m is a lot of money. But he is worth it IMO. On about 60k, so we could significantly improve his salary. I have also seen suggestions he doesn’t want to leave Sassuolo but that is coming from their chairman, he’s hardly gonna say he wants out. Are there specific quotes from the player himself saying he never wants to leave Italy? 

Even if there are, money talks and I can see him coming to a PL side for a big pay rise, even if it isn’t us. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We've won the premier league and FA cup even if we don't sign them. Don't think they can strip us off the titles just because we don't sign four specific players and keep another?

I mean we’ll win them all again next season! It was just badly written 😂

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

I have seen the reports, €40m is a lot of money. But he is worth it IMO. On about 60k, so we could significantly improve his salary. I have also seen suggestions he doesn’t want to leave Sassuolo but that is coming from their chairman, he’s hardly gonna say he wants out. Is there specific quotes from the player himself saying he never wants to leave Italy? 

Even if there are, money talks and I can see him coming to a PL side for a big pay rise, even if it isn’t us. 

Elephant in the room. Brexit. If he does move , which as he is a one club man, I doubt , it will be to Inter.