HankMarvin Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 32 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said: Looks no worse than vardy has recently. It's the lack of any service what so ever. Apart from Vardy scored towards the back end of the season 1
funkyrobot Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 36 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said: Looks no worse than vardy has recently. It's the lack of any service what so ever. Vardy is always better than Daka, even when he has a poor game like today he is way more clever with his runs, better at closing down and looks more dangerous than Patson.
Sly Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 He reminds me a bit of PaPa Cisse. He could be lethal with the ball played into space behind, but will hardly do anything else. Give him a chance though and he’ll hit the onion sack. The Premier League is tough. He won’t find those openings as players can play for 90 minutes.
ARTY_FOX Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 18 minutes ago, funkyrobot said: Vardy is always better than Daka, even when he has a poor game like today he is way more clever with his runs, better at closing down and looks more dangerous than Patson. I'm not saying vardy isn't better. But he is just as ineffective at the moment because if how we're playing and how are build up play is. Vardy didn't do anything during his time on the pitch that Daka didn't.... vardy was firmly in the pocket of bella-kotchap
funkyrobot Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said: I'm not saying vardy isn't better. But he is just as ineffective at the moment because if how we're playing and how are build up play is. Vardy didn't do anything during his time on the pitch that Daka didn't.... vardy was firmly in the pocket of bella-kotchap Vardy made the defender work harder. He closed the defence and the goalkeeper down. He could’ve won a penalty in the first half that VAR turned down, he created an opportunity for Barnes, he had a header on goal. He challenged the centre back and won aerial battles against a player way bigger than him. Daka did none of this and of top of that he got booked for a stupid tackle from behind, he gave away another foul against Walker-Peters when the defender was deep in his own half and going towards the touchline, he just didn’t contribute. Again.
Fox92 Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 31 minutes ago, Sly said: He reminds me a bit of PaPa Cisse. He could be lethal with the ball played into space behind, but will hardly do anything else. Give him a chance though and he’ll hit the onion sack. The Premier League is tough. He won’t find those openings as players can play for 90 minutes. I will still be highly surprised if he ever becomes "lethal" for us. We're bringing him off the bench each game to make an impact and he cannot do it. On the other hand, Che Adams comes on and is strong, can hold the ball, and finished. 1
ARTY_FOX Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said: Vardy made the defender work harder. He closed the defence and the goalkeeper down. He could’ve won a penalty in the first half that VAR turned down, he created an opportunity for Barnes, he had a header on goal. He challenged the centre back and won aerial battles against a player way bigger than him. Daka did none of this and of top of that he got booked for a stupid tackle from behind, he gave away another foul against Walker-Peters when the defender was deep in his own half and going towards the touchline, he just didn’t contribute. Again. Daka did run after things and close stuff down.... mate that no.37 was comfortable all game. From the first to the last their back pair were sitting pretty. Vardy couldn't have won a penalty there because it wasn't a penalty. That's why VAR didn't give it.
Guest Col city fan Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 Just now, Fox92 said: I will still be highly surprised if he ever becomes "lethal" for us. We're bringing him off the bench each game to make an impact and he cannot do it. On the other hand, Che Adams comes on and is strong, can hold the ball, and finished. And as I said above, the context is essential. Adams came into a team that was on the front foot and looked very much like scoring and then winning the game. Daka comes on into a Rodgers team that is trying to defend a lead. Very very different contexts.
Fox92 Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 Just now, Col city fan said: And as I said above, the context is essential. Adams came into a team that was on the front foot and looked very much like scoring and then winning the game. Daka comes on into a Rodgers team that is trying to defend a lead. Very very different contexts. What about last week? He comes on when we're looking for a goal. Kelechi came on the same game and got an assist.
Guest Col city fan Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 13 minutes ago, Fox92 said: What about last week? He comes on when we're looking for a goal. Kelechi came on the same game and got an assist. Yes against an Arsenal side in total control of the game. Daka is another player suffering from Rodgers style of football. Are you STILL pro Rodgers mate?
Bobby Hundreds Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 He’s too lightweight. Zero fight, zero bottle. 1
The Doctor Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 1 hour ago, funkyrobot said: Your blind faith for Daka contrasts starkly with your assessments of Amartey and yet on the pitch evidence would suggest he’s no better in his striker role than Danny is playing as a makeshift centre back! Daka looks a very limited footballer. For me his one skill is running onto a ball over the top against a high line and that’s not getting enough goals in the modern premier league to justify a place in the team. I mean in fairness Dan has gotten regular starts and his role sees a lot more attention with the way we're playing. Patson meanwhile gets infrequent 10 minutes cameos in a side that would make Haaland look like a championship striker with how little we create
iancognito Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 I really want to give this kid time to prove himself but he had 20+ starts last season and bagged 5 goals. He's come on today and just drifted around like a fart in the wind. He didn't give the defence anything extra to think about, wasn't making runs and just didn't get into the game. I know, he needs service but if I was him and needing to prove I deserve to start, I'd have been demanding the ball, making a nuisance of myself. Right now, he just doesn't offer anything special.
Hales Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 (edited) There is a really good player in there but he has walked into a team in a mess, devoid of confidence and momentum and teammates wanting away and a manager too seemingly. He deserves time to adjust and be in a happy team. Edited 20 August 2022 by Hales 3
Popular Post Vlad the Fox Posted 20 August 2022 Popular Post Posted 20 August 2022 Why does he get so much leeway from our fans while contributing nothing and then others who offer more get pelters. As much as I want him to come good, at the moment he is offering nothing, lacks physicality, movement, and control and I’d also question his speed of thought at the moment too. Nacho should be ahead of him in the pecking order, offers much more and has showed that he works in a front two with Vardy. 8
Fox92 Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 (edited) 30 minutes ago, Col city fan said: Yes against an Arsenal side in total control of the game. Daka is another player suffering from Rodgers style of football. Are you STILL pro Rodgers mate? No. I have made it clear in other threads. I can't believe youre pro Daka. Edited 20 August 2022 by Fox92 1
Guest Col city fan Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 36 minutes ago, Fox92 said: No. I have made it clear in other threads. I can't believe youre pro Daka. You better believe it. I make no bones it about it whatsoever. I think there’s a very prolific striker in there. He’s playing in a shit team at the moment. I’d not be at all surprised if Daka leaves and does very well elsewhere
HankMarvin Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 1 hour ago, Fox92 said: What about last week? He comes on when we're looking for a goal. Kelechi came on the same game and got an assist. What about the games last season we were winning. Everyone seems to be quite lenient with his performances. I wouldn’t question his effort, just underwhelms quite often. 2
Fox92 Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 5 minutes ago, Col city fan said: You better believe it. I make no bones it about it whatsoever. I think there’s a very prolific striker in there. He’s playing in a shit team at the moment. I’d not be at all surprised if Daka leaves and does very well elsewhere Fair play, and I'll be the first to hold my hands up, but he looks far to lightweight to me.
Wasyls Pec Deck Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said: Why does he get so much leeway from our fans while contributing nothing and then others who offer more get pelters. As much as I want him to come good, at the moment he is offering nothing, lacks physicality, movement, and control and I’d also question his speed of thought at the moment too. Nacho should be ahead of him in the pecking order, offers much more and has showed that he works in a front two with Vardy. I couldn’t agree more. I think it’s because he’s a nice bloke and smiles - I really do.
Thebluefox85 Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 PATSON not good enough for the prem move him along sooner rather than later 1
BACKO Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 Simply not good enough physically or mentally. Nacho offers much more. 2
ozvaldo Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 He just seems to run about aimlessly, falls over now and then, passes to no one and has mastered the art of chasing a defender - only to trip them up and concede a foul. 4
Rigga Posted 20 August 2022 Posted 20 August 2022 He’s poor… has no first touch.. not physical enough to compete with centre backs.. Also doubting this blistering pace that he’s supposed to have 2
Recommended Posts