Fox92 Posted 27 August 2022 Posted 27 August 2022 Vardy shouldn't be our main striker at 35, he was so wasteful today, but the other options are no better. Daka was pathetic at Stockport. I forgot he was playing.
adam95581 Posted 27 August 2022 Posted 27 August 2022 It’s irrelevant whether Vardy or Daka plays if they don’t get service. Today was the first time I remember us creating a handful of good chances and if we’d had better finishing we’d have got something out of it. Whether it’s Vardy or Daka, we play better when Nacho is in the side. We need to find a way to get him in the team. 4-2-3-1 Castagne Evans Soy or Amartey (or someone new) JJ KDH Wilf or Tielemans Nacho Madders Barnes Vardy or Daka 4
Claridge Posted 27 August 2022 Posted 27 August 2022 anyone but Daka, looks nothing like a player for the prem. Not even that quick from what we have seen
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 He's shite let's stop beating around the bush. I'd rather have Akinbiyi up front, at least he had some presence
tsintskaro Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 I remember the hype when we signed him I have never seen him play before and now i doubt all those foxestalk members, who were in ecstasy, did either, or they are not very good at spotting talent Pretty much it was obvious since start he is overpaid Musa 1
Popular Post Jakemoore Posted 29 August 2022 Popular Post Posted 29 August 2022 Jesus wept. Some of the comments on this thread are utter tripe. 10
AyewJoking Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 Daka may not be an awful player and he may be decent given the right coaching and played in a system that suits his strengths but he'll get neither here. When you have just 3 recognised strikers and most of the time use a system that only has one, you've got to get the recruitment right and obviously this was another bad signing. 2
BeaumontFox Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 2 minutes ago, Royston. said: Daka may not be an awful player and he may be decent given the right coaching and played in a system that suits his strengths but he'll get neither here. When you have just 3 recognised strikers and most of the time use a system that only has one, you've got to get the recruitment right and obviously this was another bad signing. He’s definitely got worse since being here.
Buzzell Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 The boy knows where the back of the net is when he’s given the service. There’s definitely a talented player in there. Don’t right him off just yet.
Stadt Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 Get a proper manager in that can coach a coherent style of play and he’ll score goals 4
willie-bell-in-rothley Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 On 21/08/2022 at 14:15, Fazzer 7 said: No not all,he has been poor in the PL though, but that may be down to Rodgers not playing to his strengths, god knows. What exactly are his strengths ?????? cant blame Brendan for everything,
Popular Post StanSP Posted 29 August 2022 Popular Post Posted 29 August 2022 22 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said: He's shite let's stop beating around the bush. I'd rather have Akinbiyi up front, at least he had some presence Get a grip. 5
Ric Flair Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 I'm more concerned with Iheanacho this last year, his finishing has been atrocious after a period of him showing how clinical he can be in 2020/21. Daka is clinical bit doesn't have the all round game yet, Iheanacho has a first touch like a bullet ant but links well and ought to be scoring better than what he's done this last year, he's the one I'd be looking to cash in on.
oldbluefox Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 Much as I like Vardy he was hardly lethal on Saturday. I wonder what the outcome would have been had Daka had those same chances.
Koke Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 4 minutes ago, Stadt said: Get a proper manager in that can coach a coherent style of play and he’ll score goals As @CrispinLA in Texas said, put him in the Leeds team coached by Jesse Marsh and we'll see a complete different player. 2 1
TeamRocket Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 I think with daka he just need a couple of goals and he will be deadly
Popular Post Sampson Posted 29 August 2022 Popular Post Posted 29 August 2022 (edited) 3 minutes ago, oldbluefox said: Much as I like Vardy he was hardly lethal on Saturday. I wonder what the outcome would have been had Daka had those same chances. I guess the question is more whether Daka has the movement to get into those same one-on-one situations in the first place, he really struggled to when Vardy was out injured last season. Not saying he's crap, but I also think Vardy creates those kinds of chances for himself so often and makes it look so easy that we take it for granted that it should be easy for other strikers to do the same. Edited 29 August 2022 by Sampson 6
Scotch Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 1 minute ago, Koke said: As @CrispinLA in Texas said, put him in the Leeds team coached by Jesse Marsh and we'll see a complete different player. Or just sack Rodgers amd bring in Marco Rose. He knows how to get the lad scoring goals.
Lambert09 Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 he’s clearly a confidence player. It’s an odd one because there’s been patches where even his link up play has been good but on other days he’s all over the place. it’s nice to have another goal scorer in the team and as others have said, a new coach might show us a completely different player
sdb Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 I want him to succeed but he does look way out of his depth. Forgivable last season but we can't wait forever. Of course, our strategy of isolating our strikers isn't ideal.
ronnup Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said: I'm more concerned with Iheanacho this last year, his finishing has been atrocious after a period of him showing how clinical he can be in 2020/21. Daka is clinical bit doesn't have the all round game yet, Iheanacho has a first touch like a bullet ant but links well and ought to be scoring better than what he's done this last year, he's the one I'd be looking to cash in on. Kel is his own worst enemy, he benefited so much from the empty stadiums. A delicate ladd I feel 2
CrispinLA in Texas Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 8 minutes ago, Scotch said: Or just sack Rodgers amd bring in Marco Rose. He knows how to get the lad scoring goals. He was considered a flop at Borussia Dortmund. His team played like individuals and didn't really gel together and their goals were like Leicester's which came from individuals brilliance rather than from a team unit play. Plus his defense was always suspect. He seems like the German Brendan Rogers....
ian__marshall Posted 29 August 2022 Posted 29 August 2022 17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said: I'm more concerned with Iheanacho this last year, his finishing has been atrocious after a period of him showing how clinical he can be in 2020/21. Daka is clinical bit doesn't have the all round game yet, Iheanacho has a first touch like a bullet ant but links well and ought to be scoring better than what he's done this last year, he's the one I'd be looking to cash in on. Just needs games Ric. He's one of those striker's you just need to play until he plays himself into form. Typical striker I guess, but when he finds his rhythm he's unstoppable. Unfortunately because he's a fox in the box and not one who'll post big numbers in terms of running stats he'll never be deemed good enough by BR. Shame really as he's an unbelievable finisher given a run of games. 1
Recommended Posts