Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Claudio Ranieri

25 minutes ago, Langston said:

Should've jacked it in or tried the Italy gig after us. He'll be an unmitigated disaster at Watford.

Done ok in Italy since I think but it’s all relative.

And our run of games to come so will tough for him to get a run of positive results which means some fans will put pressure on the Pozzos to change  again.

Which is why Munoz got sacked - many didn’t take to him as a top flight manager and some didn’t at all !

7 hours ago, Mark_w said:

It absolutely baffles me that that club keeps managing to lurch from promotion to promotion in spite of almost all of their decisions.

6 years out of 7 in the top flight to boot.

Weirdly despite the uncertainty and constant changes we have been quite successful by our standards !

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

@Super_horns, do you attend many matches? Is the atmosphere on social media and the forums different to that at matches?

Often we'll find that this place is really down and pissed off but the ground or away fans more upbeat and supportive (although this hasn't been the case this season- it's broadly similar).

How do you think Ranieri will do as well?

• Like 1

At the ground there isn’t really any discontent but definitely online often find fans who will be more vocal in their views/criticism.

Naturally he will have better experience and know how tactically bit the players need to take some responsibility as well.

But the next few games are tricky and even playing well might not mean points - then does he come under pressure?

Edited by Super_horns

4 points about Relegation is where Watford currently are....Looking at their squad, do the 'Pozzos' really see being 4 points above relegation at the end of the season as not being a success?

The squad looks awful by PL standards, very aging squad too.

Thing I find most interesting on Social Media, is that whenever Watford do sack a manager the majority of fans are completely onboard with it! It's like they're just so used to it now that they actually believe it's the correct approach lol 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Thing I find most interesting on Social Media, is that whenever Watford do sack a manager the majority of fans are completely onboard with it! It's like they're just so used to it now that they actually believe it's the correct approach lol 

Some are rather entitled I think and might get a nasty shock over the next few weeks but we were pretty rubbish in the last 2 games tbf.

Looked well out of it but then will changing the manager make a difference ?

33 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Some are rather entitled I think and might get a nasty shock over the next few weeks but we were pretty rubbish in the last 2 games tbf.

Looked well out of it but then will changing the manager make a difference ?

A bit like us then ! lol

16 hours ago, Corky said:

I'm really surprised he hasn't retired. What more does he have to prove in the game?

Enjoys the game...What many fans seem to forget, players & managers, even when fighting mid-table or even relegation, they still >>enjoy the game <<d

I Worker in 3 careers, worker,G.leader,manager, back to Senior Tech, all involved in projects & most of my career as a trouble-shooter...I

Quite a few moments of...Time to walk,sometimes I stayed, even in Bad periods, there are many months you still enjoy...

My last job & many Time fighting recognition for the whole group, I could despair, I liked the job...until my Ill health,then Management Selling out the People,

the whole Workforce across the board, 90% who helped to bring   & Shape it, for the future, technically,Management  & Admin wise...

This was the 4th Time & last, I experienced poor Management Ruin a company's

character,success & forward drive. Including their own excellent management-teams.

Its the job you enjoy, & to a point the Political-fights you endure, until you say...stuff-em..Football managers accept the twists  & Knowledge they are

Master class, One moment, & dross the next...Thats Why I have always loved the Smile & Antics of Ranieri, & the conjuring Smile of Klopp...

4 hours ago, marcymarc446 said:

Home to Watford on Nov 28th , let's give him a great reception, unless he's been sacked by then !!!

Well you guys away is probably one of the “less” daunting paper of the fixtures coming up which shows how tough Ranieri is going to have it - even after Msn City it’s Burnley who always beat us and Brentford/Palace up till Xmas.

https://www.skysports.com/watford-fixtures

I hope the owners and fans don’t expect instant results !!