Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Jeff Stelling

On 03/11/2021 at 16:45, Corky said:

Exactly. You need somebody with experience and knowledge, you can't wing or blag a show like this.

Mark Chapman, on this basis, is probably the best fit.

I don’t rate Chapman, he voices his own opinions too much. I want to hear from ex players who have been there and done it, not some self important wannabe with an annoying voice. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

There is one or two rumours that Amazon are planning there own soccer Saturday programme to be presented by..  Stelling potientally it could see the likes of Tony cottee, Phil Thompson, Matt le tissie and Charlie nicolas joining.

Where is that rumour coming from? Unless Amazon need a litany of new "middle-aged divorcee Covid sceptics" to subscribe to their Prime service, bringing the old guard back together doesn't seem to make much sense?

That goes completely against Amazon's coverage of the PL, which has had a great, varied cast of decent pundits and commentators.

47 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Where is that rumour coming from? Unless Amazon need a litany of new "middle-aged divorcee Covid sceptics" to subscribe to their Prime service, bringing the old guard back together doesn't seem to make much sense?

That goes completely against Amazon's coverage of the PL, which has had a great, varied cast of decent pundits and commentators.

They did bring back the top gear crew. If there are viewers to be had, they'll give it a go. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Soccer Saturday was a lot better when you had Le Tissier, Merson, Thompson & Nicholas together. 

I dream of the day Amazon or someone similar get them all back together. You know it’s gonna happen at some point 🤷‍♂️

20 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Sky probably couldn’t get anyone decent to replace him so have offered him a bit more money to stay on.

I think they have to accept they aren't going to be able to replace him and think about tweaking the show when he goes. I don't think anyone can do what he does tbf, he ties the entire programme together and does half the dialogue on his own. Somebody else could do that in a literal sense but his manner is just perfect for it.

12 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I thought that would be the ideal gig for Simon Thomas.

Think he'd do a decent job. 

I reckon he'd be another Jules. Both not bad and probably the next best alternatives but neither are in Jeff Stelling's league, no-one that comes to mind is unless there is a hidden gem on local tv / radio somewhere.

• 1 year later...