Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPV

Red Dead Redemption 2

On 30/11/2021 at 10:26, FoxyPV said:

My son spent 4 hours hunting animals last night. 

You should get him in into video games, instead of abusing poor helpless creature!

(As someone who is actually very anti-hunting (at least by people who do it for fun rather than need) I actually really enjoy going hunting in RDR2)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Picked this up for 15 quid for my series s, maybe done 10 hours now and only done 2 or 3 missions, I think I'm just going to stay in chapter 2 for a very long time and do all the side stuff and fish a lot and just mess about. Been a bit stressed lately and mentioned elsewhere never seem to get the time to have a game but this game has really made me want to play it for an hour or two before bed rather than watch a couple of episodes of something or a film. It is still absolutely gorgeous, what is it, 5 years later? So immersive. 

• Like 3

On 09/12/2022 at 20:15, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Picked this up for 15 quid for my series s, maybe done 10 hours now and only done 2 or 3 missions, I think I'm just going to stay in chapter 2 for a very long time and do all the side stuff and fish a lot and just mess about. Been a bit stressed lately and mentioned elsewhere never seem to get the time to have a game but this game has really made me want to play it for an hour or two before bed rather than watch a couple of episodes of something or a film. It is still absolutely gorgeous, what is it, 5 years later? So immersive. 

Four, but yeah it’s stunning.

Tried to give this another go, just can't get into it. Everything feels like a chore, it looks amazing and the attention to detail is obviously far beyond what you'd expect from most games but the story/sidequests just aren't hooking me.

I've moved the camp along a couple of times, opened what appears to be all of the 'new' map(without the island). Just find myself re-installing it occasionally to give it another go, clopping around for what feels like 30minutes, get bothered by "random encounters" every 30 seconds along the way, watch something grousome happen and decide to turn it off and swiftly remove to 200gb from my SSD for another 8months.

To be fair it took me a while with the first one, after repeated attempts. This feels too slow even in comparison to RDR1.

6 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Tried to give this another go, just can't get into it. Everything feels like a chore, it looks amazing and the attention to detail is obviously far beyond what you'd expect from most games but the story/sidequests just aren't hooking me.

I've moved the camp along a couple of times, opened what appears to be all of the 'new' map(without the island). Just find myself re-installing it occasionally to give it another go, clopping around for what feels like 30minutes, get bothered by "random encounters" every 30 seconds along the way, watch something grousome happen and decide to turn it off and swiftly remove to 200gb from my SSD for another 8months.

To be fair it took me a while with the first one, after repeated attempts. This feels too slow even in comparison to RDR1.

Same tbh. It's a game of extraordinary technical achievement that I found dull as dishwater. Only persisted with it for the story myself. 

17 hours ago, Jaspa said:

I tried to play it recently and felt the same. It looks incredible and it seems as though there is some gold in there, but the lack of variation in the filler just stops me from wanting to get involved.

I get that there is character development to be done, but I don't think I've got enough time to ride for 20 minutes, have a 5 line conversation and then ride back.

I'm really not a fan of some of the mechanics, like being forced to walk slow around the camp. I was listening to Lex Fridman interview Todd Howard recently about the Bethesda games. He discussed how there are things they considered adding that may add realism, but they ultimately didn't because it takes away from the fun. I feel there's a few of those in RDR.

Despite the fear of missing out on something that is slated as such an amazing experience, I think I'm just going to accept that it isn't for me.