Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Christmas Dinner - Scheduled for the 25th December

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Should be good, have some pickled onions and a pork pie which I might add to the party too. 

I hope there some sort of chilli jam/relish to go with it too!

I've scaled back on my cheeseboard for tomorrow, but chutneys are key.

I've only bought less this year because I was still eating it until this February from last Xmas lol

I think I've got:

Stilton

Port Salut

Brie

Garlic and herb roulade 

Double Gloucester 

Austrian smoked

I enjoy that more than the turkey dinner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I hope there some sort of chilli jam/relish to go with it too!

I've scaled back on my cheeseboard for tomorrow, but chutneys are key.

I've only bought less this year because I was still eating it until this February from last Xmas lol

I think I've got:

Stilton

Port Salut

Brie

Garlic and herb roulade 

Double Gloucester 

Austrian smoked

I enjoy that more than the turkey dinner.

Ah mate yeah I’ve made a scotch bonnet chilli jam and it’s incredible. I make the chilli jam every year but this one I used the scotch bonnets to give more of a kick. Goes so well with cheese and all the leftovers. 

• Like 1

I am smoking a boned and rolled turkey over pecan this year, just stuck it in a brine.  It's by far the best way I've found to cook Turkey, picks up the smoke flavour very well and stays really moist as long as you monitor it with a temp probe.  Also leaves more space in the oven for infinite PIBs.  I also smoke the roast potatoes and cauli cheese.    

Please don't be raining though tomorrow, Jesus (and my smoker) hates the rain.

Tons of cheese in, which was started last night.  Anyone got anything unusual in cheesewise?

I had a cheese called Sao Jorges from the Azores last night.  Guy in the cheese shop was raving a out it.  Stuff was so strong my mouth was on fire and I had the trippiest dreams.    Stuff is the acid of the cheese world.  Love it.  

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

I am smoking a boned and rolled turkey over pecan this year, just stuck it in a brine.  It's by far the best way I've found to cook Turkey, picks up the smoke flavour very well and stays really moist as long as you monitor it with a temp probe.  Also leaves more space in the oven for infinite PIBs.  I also smoke the roast potatoes and cauli cheese.    

Please don't be raining though tomorrow, Jesus (and my smoker) hates the rain.

Tons of cheese in, which was started last night.  Anyone got anything unusual in cheesewise?

I had a cheese called Sao Jorges from the Azores last night.  Guy in the cheese shop was raving a out it.  Stuff was so strong my mouth was on fire and I had the trippiest dreams.    Stuff is the acid of the cheese world.  Love it.  

Sounds amazing. 

Re cheese, I popped in to Borough Market earlier in the week to pick up some stock from a company called Drunk Cheese. 

They do amazing cheeses steeped in red wine, Prosecco or beer. 

Highly recommend 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Milo said:

Sounds amazing. 

Re cheese, I popped in to Borough Market earlier in the week to pick up some stock from a company called Drunk Cheese. 

They do amazing cheeses steeped in red wine, Prosecco or beer. 

Highly recommend 

I've had cheese that's been washed in beer and cheese that's been washed in red wine but Prosecco - never.  Intrigued.  I am always looking for my next new cheese, I'll check this lot out if they deliver to the provincial wilds, cheers! 

• Like 1

We did the majority of our food shop late last night.

It was great, they were stocking the shelves and it was fairly quiet.

I gave the Mrs free reign to go and get a load of stuff whilst I was at work yesterday afternoon.

Never again.

I got home and she told me she'd got a prawn ring from M&S.

Literally nobody in our house eats prawns apart from me. I think she's trying to kill me.

And a prawn ring? I blame Kerry Katona and those Iceland adverts from years ago.

She didn't even bring home any Twiglets :mad:

• Haha 1

Absolutely love king prawns, so 2 king prawn rings here....from Iceland, thanks Kerry :thumbup:

Have finally opened the Christmas celebrations, bought a separate box of Maltesers to add, as you normally only get 2 of those but $hit loads of Bounty, which no-one eats.

• Haha 1

Gammon in the morning

Prawn and cocktail starter beaut

Turkey dinner cabbage baby corn stuffing etcc

Christmas pudding and cream

now on the beers and chill ready for the football tomorrow 

and maybe some gammon and cheese crackers for tea.

Edited by whoareyaaa

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Prawn and cocktail starter beaut

Turkey dinner cabbage baby corn stuffing etcc

Christmas pudding and cream

now on the beers and chill ready for the football tomorrow 

If you didn't do your prawn cocktail starter in a wine glass, with a triangle of buttered bread, I don't want to know lol

Only saying that because that was my Xmas childhood. 

Did you have Vienetta for dessert? 

Edited by tom27111

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If you didn't do your prawn cocktail starter in a wine glass, with a triangle of buttered bread, I don't want to know lol

well it was on a plate not in a  glass lol prawns, suace, tomatato, cucumber, lettuce and buttered brown bread. (triangle shaped)

No Vienetta, Christmas pudding and cream. :santa:

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Thanks. Now I want Vienetta.

Bloody shops are all shut. :angry:

• Haha 1