Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Christmas Dinner - Scheduled for the 25th December

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

Slightly off topic but my first prawn cocktail and vienetta as starter and dessert was in a Berni Inn in about 1977 lol

Loved a Berni inn. Probably late 70's too. Sure we only ever went there and a superb Chinese in Hinckley. 

Today's lunch was fabulous, although the stuffing was a bit disappointing. Didn't bother with Christmas pudding, I didn't even manage a mince pie. Still full now. 

Looking forward to Turkey and ham leftovers with cheese and pickles etc post match tomorrow. 

Didnt take pictures of the curry goat but you know how that would look if you've been to the local indian restaurant.

I feel annihilated from the desserts. My MIL sent some home with us and ive still got my bday cake from the 24th to finish off. Another feckin diabetic coma tomorrow it is.  Chicken dippers and home made chips tomorrow lol

• 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, Sly said:

Just to put it on everyone’s radar. 

If you do online shopping ordering, most of the shops are releasing the slots this week. 

10 or so days earlier than last year ffs man!, Dont remind us of the incoming cold, snow etc its toooooo early. 

Sigh, no bloody idea what is happening this xmas for menu.  Dont even know whats on the menu for this weekend lol

Have you started debating what to cook?

An all inclusive vacation in the Caribbean over the xmas holidays sounds better!

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

10 or so days earlier than last year ffs man!, Dont remind us of the incoming cold, snow etc its toooooo early. 

Sigh, no bloody idea what is happening this xmas for menu.  Dont even know whats on the menu for this weekend lol

Have you started debating what to cook?

An all inclusive vacation in the Caribbean over the xmas holidays sounds better!

Ha Ha …… who doesn’t like a topic bump to remind them that Christmas is just around the corner.

This was more a reminder that the shopping slots were open. 

I did the all inclusive trip to the Caribbean in the summer! We were meant to be doing New York in December, however we’ve since got a puppy. So I guess I’ll be cooking again and cook as per my original post. In all honesty, I came back to find this, to remind me what I actually needed to order. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Instead of chipolatas wrapped in bacon, this year, I'm considering making the ultimate pig in blanket.

A pork tenderloin completely wrapped in parma ham. 

Maybe with a layer of stuffing between the two meats.

As a standalone dish it sounds fab. It won't replace the pigs in blankets though imo, the sausagemeat makes them, so I'd do both :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

As a standalone dish it sounds fab. It won't replace the pigs in blankets though imo, the sausagemeat makes them, so I'd do both :D

Be a mutiny at my table if the standard pigs got replaced.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Instead of chipolatas wrapped in bacon, this year, I'm considering making the ultimate pig in blanket.

A pork tenderloin completely wrapped in parma ham. 

Maybe with a layer of stuffing between the two meats.

Sounds bad, everyone loves normal pigs in blankets.

We were away near Lowestoft last week and we often walked past a bungalow near our caravan. On the Tuesday night we could see a christmas tree being put up in the conservatory. On the Saturday we walked past a group fully kitted out in christmas jumpers and carrying all things wrapped heading for the bungalow. Im sure, or rather hoping, there was a reasonable explanation for all of this!!

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Never understand why people try to change a Christmas dinner 

Need to try new things and mix it up, otherwise it's just the same boring stuff.

Although, I'd say we have a roast nearly every Sunday and I rotate between things you'd have on a Christmas dinner.

Sometimes, if I fancy lamb, nobody else eats it, so they'll have pigs in blankets as the meat.