Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Christmas Dinner - Scheduled for the 25th December

Adjusted the schedule again looks like 4.30pm now (small delay from original 2pm estimate). Whilst Parboiling the potatoes, got to the shake them about stage to get the rough edges, was a bit too vigorous and ended up with a saucepan of mash. Don't mind mash but can't have Christmas dinner without roast potatoes so had to start again. Homemade Yorkshire has not disappointed though, kept rising as they do, for scale it's bigger than the double toaster and the turkey, just hunting for a bigger plate! Bon Apetit!

IMG_1525.thumb.JPG.dc098ce37f1e353378435cdebc5457f4.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Merry Christmas everyone! Had a lovely day, I see everyone is showing their Christmas dinner. 

Merry Christmas 

701E9BE4-BD1D-4131-90A0-CDF3F1224379.jpeg

Didn't realise you could use the internet in prison mate! 

But what ever floats your boat! Have a lovely day! :D

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'll be letting the cooking side down this year, sorry @tom27111. The kids are out here the week before Christmas and going back to the UK on Christmas Eve, and my kitchen doesn't currently have an oven, so we're going out for Christmas dinner on the beach :cool: 

Good luck to all of you cooking on the day, I need to see pics please (of the food, obviously, never know what you lot will post if I don't specify)

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'll be letting the cooking side down this year, sorry @tom27111. The kids are out here the week before Christmas and going back to the UK on Christmas Eve, and my kitchen doesn't currently have an oven, so we're going out for Christmas dinner on the beach :cool: 

Good luck to all of you cooking on the day, I need to see pics please (of the food, obviously, never know what you lot will post if I don't specify)

That's no excuse Deb 

Screenshot_20221126_174231_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

You mean like this?

Penis ring. Adult sex toy. Dick bow. Erotic cock bow. - Shop GoofyGiftShop  Adult Products - Pinkoi

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

I technically had Christmas Lunch Yesterday....  My Brother in Law and his family were over to ours for a "fake christmas" as they live in Dorset and we won't see them over the festive period...   My Biggest Top Tip for you all......

Rest your Turkey after cooking, for as long as you have cooked it for...   I did this yesterday and it was really nice. not dry at al! 

The other added bonus, is that it gives you about 3 hours after the turkey is finished to get all your other veg and accompaniments cooked. 

Have at least 8, possibly 10 coming for dinner.  Have the in-laws and brother-in-laws coming and 2 of my 3 children.  May well have the step-son and his girlfriend too if they make down from Edinburgh.

Me and my wife have just started living together again after a 15 months of not and 8 months seperated.  Going to be interesting around the table this year.  Going for a selection of starters, 2 meats and all the trimmings followed by a selection of deserts.  Going to be a long morning on Christmas day prepping and cooking.  My daughter wants to be a chef when she leaves school so have roped her in to helping too.

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Have at least 8, possibly 10 coming for dinner.  Have the in-laws and brother-in-laws coming and 2 of my 3 children.  May well have the step-son and his girlfriend too if they make down from Edinburgh.

Me and my wife have just started living together again after a 15 months of not and 8 months seperated.  Going to be interesting around the table this year.  Going for a selection of starters, 2 meats and all the trimmings followed by a selection of deserts.  Going to be a long morning on Christmas day prepping and cooking.  My daughter wants to be a chef when she leaves school so have roped her in to helping too.

I get as much prep done as possible in the days leading up to Christmas. Pigs in blankets assembled on a tray ready for the oven, sprouts peeled the night before, sausagemeat stuffing put together ready for the oven, and cauliflower cheese and braised red cabbage can both be cooked prior and then reheated on the day without any difference.

The more you do before, the less stressful the actual day is.

Good luck!

• Like 1