Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

Pizza

3 minutes ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Probably get judged for this but I just emptied my spice cupboard on a frozen pizza before putting it in, curry powder is well nice on it 😂 closest I can get to the tandoori pizza Papa John’s used to do 🥵

7A321853-3A4B-4E41-B406-2589A7D8AB47.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Should have a thread about all the good food stuffs. Fish and chips, curry etc. 

It's always surprising (or perhaps not) that certain takeaway outlets vary so much in quality. Whether it's the chippy, Chinese or Indian, always the case you'll know a couple of poor establishments as well as (hopefully) a good place. 

Here in London there are lots of good places, but there are also plenty of mediocre outlets, particularly fish and chips.

I can't even recommend a pizza place, although Francomanca gets good press. Promised the bh  we'll give it a try soon.

On 04/01/2022 at 22:21, spacemunky said:

Chicago Style Pizza

Their stuffed deep dish with roast beef is insane and you need a forklift to carry it lol

Bit far for most of you lads though ;)

In my old stomping grounds a good choice!

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The Queen

IMG-20220105-WA0000.jpg

Is Charles the king now that you've offed the queen in an ooni oven.

All this pizza talk and pics have got me hungry

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This definitely was the cause of me making pizza last night.

Side note, the missus is doing veganuary so thought we'd try the vegan mozzarella.  Absolute dog s***.  I know most vegan cheese is basically coconut oil, but this one took the crown on just being textured lard.

• Like 1

Top tip for pizza fiends that haven't the patience to wait for the pizza to cool a little before wolfing it. Have a huge pile of grated cheese ready and dollop a clump on each slice and it provides an excellent cushion to the roof of your mouth as you scran it. Decent an'all, there's a place in America that are famous for it with pissheads.

• Haha 2

The Bulls Heads in Repton or The Swan in Walton - same owners / chain

Went just before Christmas for a "managers meeting" with work, wrote me off for the rest of the afternoon haha

They also do a hot skillet gooey cookie which is unreal

Edited by moore_94

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

If only these ooni ovens could be used indoors. Its -5 (feels like -11) celsius outside over here....nonstarter for outside cooking in the winter, i am not that canadian hardcore lol

Breville do a multi use indoor oven that cooks various different styles. Costs about a grand but I'm tempted.

Found it, this is the exact same one as the Breville, maybe they've changed brand name. Anyway it's £699, so less than I thought.

https://www.johnlewis.com/sage-smart-oven-pizzaiolo-pizza-oven/p5795643?sku=240383543&s_ppc=2dx92700067954711870&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn7KGgLO0vn_DlcAUwHbCAgDIj0ZK_lma_zcrkWCLw1XAoHhLMAHIqgaAqtnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Breville do a multi use indoor oven that cooks various different styles. Costs about a grand but I'm tempted.

Found it, this is the exact same one as the Breville, maybe they've changed brand name. Anyway it's £699, so less than I thought.

https://www.johnlewis.com/sage-smart-oven-pizzaiolo-pizza-oven/p5795643?sku=240383543&s_ppc=2dx92700067954711870&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn7KGgLO0vn_DlcAUwHbCAgDIj0ZK_lma_zcrkWCLw1XAoHhLMAHIqgaAqtnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Damn thats expensive. Have ypu ever tried pizza made from one anywhere? Wonder if its even worth it given the cost might aswell stick it in the oven and gope for the best at that price lol

I would prefer to try before you buy at that price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Damn thats expensive. Have ypu ever tried pizza made from one anywhere? Wonder if its even worth it given the cost might aswell stick it in the oven and gope for the best at that price lol

I would prefer to try before you buy at that price.

Yes, it's a very good oven

On 06/01/2022 at 09:11, Zear0 said:

This definitely was the cause of me making pizza last night.

Side note, the missus is doing veganuary so thought we'd try the vegan mozzarella.  Absolute dog s***.  I know most vegan cheese is basically coconut oil, but this one took the crown on just being textured lard.

There’s loads of different makes - we tried one once that was surprisingly ok. But yeah, most not great.

37 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Honestly don't think I'll have another frozen pizza and can't believe I haven't done this before! Well worth the kneading and resting.

I'm now trying to justify a pizza oven to the Mrs lol

Looks great.

Just basically though when you get time can you go through how you made the dough etc(Make is as simple as you can!)

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Looks great.

Just basically though when you get time can you go through how you made the dough etc(Make is as simple as you can!)

Not going to lie, as this was my very first time, I bought a pre-made mix. 

I just added water, mixed it together, kneaded, rolled and left to rest.

Sorry, I know that's cheating! 

I didn't know how successful the cooking would be in a fan oven, so experimented tonight. 65p from Sainsburys!

I fully intend to do it properly next time though.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

this is the one I had for lunch at my favorite pizzeria in Bordeaux

pomodoro, olive oil, basil, red onions, tuna, olives

delicious! had this with a pint of birra moretti

IMG_1842.jpg

Sadly as there is no cheese it is not a pizza. Looks a nice bruschetta though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Sadly as there is no cheese it is not a pizza. Looks a nice bruschetta though.

fair enough!doesn't bother me at all! I just like the crust and the tomato sauce so much, that's what makes it tasty for me

Edited by Dr Marco
  • Like 1