Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes it does. The only possible reason that a club would reduce their valuation of a leading player is if they want to sell. What other reason can you think of?

Being open to a sale and actively wanting to sell him aren't the same though.  West Ham put a £150 mill tag on Rice. Doesn't mean they want to sell.

Without knowing what any previous valuation and our current one is it's all a bit moot. If someone enquired in january and we said £ 100 mill and now we're saying 99 it's not like we're looking to offload. Now if it was 100 in january and 50 now, then yeah, we're looking to get rid.

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's not an empty statement because, whatever the previous valuation was, if we're lowering it that means we're actively trying to sell him, not keep him. That tells us something about the state we're in.

The key word in this is 'if'.  Is there a single credible source we can point to that indicates we've lowered our valuation?

Until there is I'm not putting my adult nappy on and heading to brown alert.  

If he goes it had better be for silly money.

Fans will turn very quickly if we sell Maddison and have a poor start.

No chance we have lowered the asking price after last season.

Not sure how Spurs would fit him in with Kane, Son and Richarlison

Edited by coolhandfox

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The Club announced he'd stay at the club until at least 2024. That indicates an option. Not that you'll believe it anyway....but plenty of reliable people have said the same.

They said the same about Mendy in the press release. It could indicate something or nothing. 

Which reliable people?

Just now, Babylon said:

They said the same about Mendy in the press release. It could indicate something or nothing. 

Which reliable people?

Rob Tanner

James Maddison (contract expires 2024)

There are options in Maddison’s contract to extend it as the club announced in 2020 that he would be at the club until at least 2024 and, after the season he has just had, they will surely want to extend his time at the club.

https://theathletic.com/3387590/2022/06/29/leicester-city-transfer-contracts/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rob Tanner

There are options in Maddison’s contract to extend it as the club announced in 2020 that he would be at the club until at least 2024 and, after the season he has just had, they will surely want to extend his time at the club.

Fingers crossed it’s OUR option and not his then. And I hope he’s not just reading the same into the wording as others. 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rob Tanner

Probably not good enough, unless you can get Rudkin saying it on film then Babs will continue to claim you are wrong :D

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Fingers crossed it’s OUR option and not his then. And I hope he’s not just reading the same into the wording as others. 

Him only mentioning that we have options on Maddison and Thomas (whose deal was only announced as long term) makes me pretty sure (hopefully) it is true

Otherwise he could just say it for all of them

51 minutes ago, Bert said:

The rumours are that we have lowered our valuation on him. They enquired a while back but the price was too much for them. 

like **** we have

he's basically the reason we didn't finish bottom half last season

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Probably not good enough, unless you can get Rudkin saying it on film then Babs will continue to claim you are wrong :D

Well Rob seems to be guessing from the wording, Mendy has the same wording and he’s not mention him having an option. So… ;)

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Who says jon rudkin is even employed by the club?

:D

Back on track, I do think I'd sell Madders if the bid was correct, I stil think if he can sign a deal this summer that he's gonna have a dynamite season and be worth even more next season.

24 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

So Spurs enquire about Maddison. We quote them a figure they consider too steep. At the same time, we're trying to persuade Maddison to sign a new contract. He says, "I'll only sign a new contract with Leicester if you reduce the valuation you quoted to Spurs."

Yeah, that makes complete sense.

...what if the situation is, Madders has insisted that any extension should contain an agreement that should a team meet a certain valuation then he has the right to speak to them!!!

He would not wish to be priced out of potential deals, and is looking to safeguard that situation from occurring.