Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

Man for man (until JJ came on) we looked physically smaller and weaker than them.

We kept giving the ball away, time after time. 

Soy and Lamppost kept getting lost half way up the pitch and are too slow to get back.

Why are we so weak, slow and naive? Awful.

Great to see JJ back and he played well. 

• Like 2

Just now, browniefox said:

That most Prem keepers would have made? Yeah. I hate how making a save means he's great. No he's cost us! 100% kaspers fault that we walk away with no points. 

Go bed mate and reflect in the morning.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one that saw it like that. We’d be absolutely livid if one of ours was sent off for that. Was just a little shove and then some theatrics - never a red

I was embarrassed that Soyuncu went to the floor, especially after having just taken the moral high ground over the dive.

Stay on your feet you fanny. Rip his hand off.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Exactly and that must win them how many points over a season! It may not be pretty but it’s a basic part of football, where you need characters to lead by example and do them kind of things and we lack character massively

You see it game after game. A little tug back inside their own half, first one player then another. Obviously they're very decent sides too but all have a tough and nasty streak which we completely lack. A bit of that tonight would have seen us get at least a draw.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Season is over. Can’t get into Europe. No where near top 4 or even top 6. Tielemans is definitely gone in the summer. The vibe we had to attract good players is almost gone. Not looking good at the moment from where we are standing right now.

Errr…a little ott. Yes, it’s a nothing season now and that was terrible to lose like that but come on, have one positive thought.

we were in the championship when we got Mahrez and Vards. KDH has a bright future. We are in desperate need of a CB  

Edited by fox_favourite

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

its whataboutism though mate, we didn't lose by 7 - we were moments away from winning 2-1. thats football - yes they peppered the goal, hit the bar, etc. but we're made up on a rag-tag bunch of players out of position. we'd done well to weather their attacks, rode our luck a bit BUT we should, absolutely SHOULD have won that 2-1 if not for some absolute ****ing idiocy from a couple of players. 

We were awful and were very lucky that spurs were just as bad upfront as we are in defence, until they weren't of course. As I said I agree BR is not responsible for what happens to an individual in a specific moment, but these moments are more likely to happen when the entire ethos of your club, your brand and identity have been missing for the best part of 25+ games going into last season. We've been really poor for a long time now, and nothing is changing. 

• Like 3

We were lucky not to be three down before we scored - they were stronger and fitter looking(not sexy) than us and I genuinely think Rodgers doesn’t know how to see games out - it’s a shame because we look good going forward but Tielemans should have gone off instead of DH - he had a woeful game along with VestandPants 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Barnes squares it and we score and the game is over. Far too many times recently he's been greedy. Do not like that about his game 

Nearly every forward in that position would have shot from where he was. Can't blam Barnes for the defensive brain fart st the end. 

• Like 1