Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I know we were poor and got ourselves to blame  but how come the board said 5 mins of times added on but played 7

Play until we lose? Hard not to be bitter about it especially when we often get very little added time even when it is actually called for. 

So many questions about individual mistakes and tactical errors. As soon as Veste missed the header vs Kane I kind of knew it was all over but I didn’t expect to lose even then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Vestergaard is shocking. We knew that already. Soyuncu is almost as bad and has been for a long time now. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if we let him go this window. I don't care who takes his place. Let a young lad have a go.

They finally got to grips with them after the hour mark, but Tielemans was the biggest culprit today. We got overrun in midfield and it wasn't KDH's fault. The last goal is a complete meltdown by Youri. As much as we can laud him, that was unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

Suffering because our defence is shite and game management even worse. FFS Club don't be hanging on all Jan to get a CB in. Don't want to see Hamza and Vestergaard at CB again. 

Id take Hamza over the other 2 tonight, easily. Him and Amartey should be the partnership. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

Surely it’s simple you take a yellow and win the game, don’t stand them up so they just pass round you 

Exactly. If that was Man city or Liverpool they commit fouls on purpose to stop the opposition. It isn't nice but it is what professionals do. They take one for the team. we're far too nice I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

It's about game management. Why oh why do we go so defensive with a lead. But just handing the ball back time after time. 

This. We get so nervous when trying to defend a lead. As you say, we seem to just want to clear. We should not be thinking about “game management”. This may be what the players get nervous about. Just play our normal game. We should not just be defending when we have the lead. We should always be defending but also more importantly attacking at the same time.

In fairness, we did try to go forward. That Barnes did not pass to Lookman in hindsight costed us this game. We could have been 3-1 up.